Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sound not playing and LED won't turn on  (Read 2701 times)
Maxwellou
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: November 04, 2015, 04:51:45 PM »

Hi !
As I've said here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=25922.0
I encountered some problems with my Emerald MENACE SE (Obsidian V4) that I received 2 days ago Sad

Here is a quick recap:
As soon as I plugged my saber to the computer (batteries at 100%, saber worked well out of the box, I disconnected the batteries, charged them and then replugged them), the sound stopped working as it should and even tough that I format the board, upload new fonts and every steps required to make it work, nothing comes out.
I don't know if it's the speaker that doesn't work, the Soundboard or the software (I did everything that I could to be sure the problem wasn't on my side).
Today, I encountered another problem: the LED won't stay on.
Let me explain, as soon as I plug the batteries, the LED flashes one time to red (my color) and immediately shuts itself off. The sabers remains silent and off when I'm trying to power it on.

As anybody encountered this kind of problem ?
Is there a thing I can do or should I wait for US to respond to my email ?

In advance, thanks for your replies ! Smiley
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:59:30 PM by Maxwellou » Logged

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 04:27:41 PM »

Hi.  Since you have had no replies, my suggestion is to wait to hear from Emory since you have already emailed.  Please share what his suggestions are and if your problems have been resolved and how you fixed them.   Smiley

Maxwellou
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 03:39:59 PM »

Hi again, quick update:

I had a little chat with US and turns out the cause for the led may be a Dead Cell. That does not explain for the sound (they seem to be pretty sure about the saber beeing on the mute soundfont but I don't, I formatted the board 6 or 7 time and tried changing the font so many times...) but we'll see.
I sent back the hilt last Friday and now, I'm waiting.

My last topic (link in the first post) has been erased since then (not by me), maybe because the problem was moved here.

I'll keep you updated Smiley

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 10:00:05 PM »

Thanks for your reply.  Since you sent it back to US, it will be checked out and any problems should be corrected.  It's unfortunate, but with all the volume of sabers they make these issues do occasionally occur.  Please continue to update and share some photos/video once you get your Menace back.  I got the dark version with 2-CH and Obs.   Smiley

Maxwellou
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 04:34:03 PM »

Hi everyone !
 (sorry TAB sent the message !)

So, two weeks ago, my sabers was sent back by US
I received it today and it works great.
 The soundboard and speakers have been replaced and checked as said by US.

I managed to change the color from red to green (didn't try to connect the soundboard though) and you can see the result here: https://twitter.com/M4xwellou/status/672778474252320768

I'm very happy with the quick and kind response by US.
I had to pay to sent the hilt back to US though (I asked if a refund was possible but I didn't have a response at the time). But I do not consider it to be a dealbreaker.
It was a small price to pay either way.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:44:34 PM by Maxwellou » Logged

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 04:54:11 PM »

Hi.  Glad to see that everything has been fixed.  It's too bad about the postage but you could ask again as it seems that you are paying for international shipping.  The green blade looks really good on your silver Menace. 

Are you drawn to the light or dark side of the Force ?  Will start you with a LS Forum appreciation point.   Smiley

Maxwellou
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 11:59:47 AM »

Well, I'm definitely not a bad person. I think I'm actually one of the nicest person in the world... But I'm human so I can loose my temper :p
I'd say light side but... The Dark side is so cool.

I mean, lightnings. What a useful power !
" Oh no ! The power is down ! Electricity's gone !"
"- Don't worry, I can give what you need !"

See ? I even think of what GOOD actions I can do with BAD powers (or, if you prefer, powers that are acquired on the dark side).
But I won't consider myself a Jedi. They're cool too but their doctrine is way too harsh. That's what caused the last Purge in my opinion Smiley
Caution should be taken, but love should never be something that is, like in the Jedi code, forbidden.
I can see something like:
A Jedi defends, but do not provoque
A Jedi always grant forgiveness over vengeance
A Jedi always choose life over death
A Jedi is allowed to love and do not let this love corrupt his judgment
When in difficult times, as hard as it can be, a Jedi should always be altruist, not selfish

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: