Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Unknown Obsidian Board and Connection Issiues  (Read 2690 times)
godsniper
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 07, 2015, 06:50:46 PM »

I received a used Liberator saber with an unknown Obsidian sound board.
Opening up the saber shows the two batteries and the sound board.  The sound board is covered in a black coving with no identifying label.
It has one USB port. 

Windows 7 cannot find a driver.
Saber must be powered on, then open launcher.
Launcher detects saber, then shuts off the saber.
Saber no longer responds unless everything is unplugged, and batteries are removed and replaced.
Battery power is good in the saber to use.

Searched in the forum for 2.22 launcher, and can't seem to find it.  (Was going to give it a try)
Any help for a newbie.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 07:17:29 PM »

The older v2.2.2 launcher is only suitable for v2 sound boards with a serial number below #121xxxxxx. You find it either in the launcher when your saber is connected or on a label on the other side that is not covered in black. Any board with a serial above 121 must be used with either the v3.1.4 or v4 launcher.

Win 7 should install an HID driver when the ignited saber is connected the first time. If it doesn't do that, look in the device manager, delete any "Unknown Device" and try again. In most cases the installation and detection work perfectly fine...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

godsniper
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 09:03:14 PM »

I found the S/N stuck to the tape and not on the board.  It's 1205048. Which version of the launcher is acceptable and safe?  Thank you for all the reply's.

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 04:21:19 PM »

Take a photo of the board as well. That may help a little bit too.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 07:01:19 PM »

With this S/N you need to use the v2.2.2 launcher which can be downloaded here.

Edit: I see that the topic no longer exists...so the launcher installation file is not available anymore Undecided
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 07:18:34 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

godsniper
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 10:48:23 PM »

I have searched the forums 3 times and kept getting no where.  I contacted Ultra Sabers by email, but got no response.  They may only support there new stock.  Hopefully I can find someone with the launcher and manual and have them email it to me.  Thank you for all the help.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 05:16:40 PM »

Emory is quite fast in responding emails...if you don't receive an answer within 48h (normally much less), then it's likely that they're attending Cons. But I think that many users still have the installer file, maybe they can write you an email or upload it to a filesharing platform Smiley

Sig by Master Nero

godsniper
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 04:34:53 PM »

Emory sent me an email with the link to the 2.2.2 launcher.  I had to run as windows ME, in order to get it working in window 7.  Thank you so much for the quick and helpful support.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: