Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Three Sabers Reviewed  (Read 2682 times)
Jedi Thompson
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 20

« on: November 10, 2015, 12:49:44 AM »

Greetings Everyone,

There are over 80 pages of reviews so I am sure nearly everything that can be said has been.  However I will add my thoughts.

I purchased a Guardian and a Prophesy V3 for myself and an Apprentice LE V4 for my son. All of them have light up switches.

The Guardian has a Blue blade and Obsidian sound. It is stock otherwise. This is a long hilt and very nicely crafted. I like that it is made from multiple layers of aluminum. I did not notice on the website that the screws at the top are hallow and allow light through. Cool addition.
I selected the longer blade for this hilt and it looks good with the bigger hilt. Due to the size I cannot spin it around with big fancy actions.

The Prophesy has already become my favorite. It has a green blade of moderate length and Obsidian sound. The hilt has a classic look to it. It is a good length and it sits well either one or two handed. It can be wielded in many forms including a modified fencing grip (non pistol grip styles). I chose to change to the Archon pommel. This was a good choice as it extended the length but more over it balanced the weight better. I borrowed the stock pommel from the Apprentice to do a comparison.
This hilt also has potential for modifications. If you are new check the modifications threads. I plan to do some leather wraps and some painting. I have not decided if I will weather it or not. I like my swords clean and lightsabers should be too.
Overall, this will be the saber of choice.

The Apprentice LE has Obsidian sound and has the violet blade and is short for a child. The openings on the emitter are an awesome feature. My wife found the shape of the hilt to be a bit... well... interesting. Looking past that this saber is a good hilt either left stock or as a base for its own modifications. With the shorter blade I find the overall saber to be a bit heavy in the hilt but that should be good for my boy to keep him from whipping the blade around.
The stock pommel may need to be replaced or modified. The opened end is good at letting out sound but I worry that the diaphragm of the speaker may get damaged. The bottom should be a grill like the other two or have a lip inside that has a screen mounted to it.

The swords I have used in Western historical combat have been longsword and great sword. The Prophesy and the Guardian with the longer blade work in these two concepts. The longsword was the sword of war in the 14th and 15th century. These swords were used two handed, one handed and even a style called half sword. Lightsabers do not allow for half sword work as it requires that you grasp the blade. There are many forms and styles for using longsword. The Prophesy hilt will work well as a longsword. The great sword was a larger sword requiring two hands. Fighting with one can be quite elegant and powerful. The Guardian with the longer blade really presents itself as a great sword. Both of these do not have a crossguard. The crossguard adds techniques that lightsaber cannot use unless the guard is made from saber resistant metal or mini saber blades. I do not know Eastern sword techniques so I cannot speak to those styles.

I am happy with these sabers. If my wife ever once one or if I feel the desire for another I would buy from Ultrasabers again.

I hope this review has been helpful to anyone interested in any of these gilts.

Christopher

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 01:02:53 AM »

Hi.  Nice review and photos.  I agree with you on the open hole sound pommel risk for speaker damage and especially when used by a child.  You could put the dome base part of the Scorpion pommel on the Apprentice when your son is using it.  Yes, you should get a saber for your wife even if she thinks that she doesn't want one.   Wink   +1 well earned point for you.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 01:53:31 AM »

Not a bad review, except for that lightsabers should be clean bit.
 Tongue

Great though - have a well earned point, every time I see a prophecy it makes me want one that much more.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 02:56:35 AM »

yea, great review . . . +1 Smiley

And, I like the black switch and Archon v3 pommel on your Prophect too . . .  Cool

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

DarthDradeus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -64

With a title like Darth....dark side points please

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 03:31:44 AM »

Nice review....Very good choices for sabers. The Guardian is a beautiful hilt but runs a bit bigger than I would like to handle. The Prophecy is definitely on my wishlist as it is a sweet looking design but also prime for modding. Again, nice review and well done!

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 06:57:51 AM »

Very nice sabers and good review.

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 06:04:47 PM »

That was a very well done review

From one Guardian owner to another, you picked a good one and the more I see of that Prophecy, the more I want one.   I blame James Casey and now you too, which makes me sad since I have been told by the missus that I must wait for a while before I can purchase another one.   Cry   

Great choice for the little one too. 

MTFBWY

KDP

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 06:30:11 PM »

Just to encourage you: everyone's perspective on their lightsabers...ranging from their photos to their opinions...is different. So each new review is a new perspective which keeps things fresh and hilts up to date that may not have seen a review in a while.

And being all saber addicts, we're always suckers for pics of new lightsabers! I enjoyed your review and appreciated the comparison with swords. I also like how you optioned the switch and blade colors, looks slick.

Point!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 07:18:51 PM »

Very nice. This also made me want a Guardian even more. I also like how the black av switch matches with the black on the hilt as well. For a good looking pommel for the Apprentice I think a Manticore high pro pommel would look good if its back in stock. I don't think it is though because I'm wanting one for my Dominix V4 LE as well to kinda match with the emitter top

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lady J
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 64

Nothing lasts forever...

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 08:43:55 PM »

Great pics and review!

I need a prophecy in my life.

Jedi Thompson
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 12:14:24 PM »

Thank you everyone for your replies. I am glad you liked the review.

I just ordered some supplies to customize my Prophecy.  I will post images when it is done.

Take care,
Christopher

Cambo5150
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 46

Light side through and through

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2015, 08:37:00 PM »

You just inspired me. I've got the prophecy as well. I saw your pic of the prophecy with the archon pommel. I ordered the archon classic pommel for mine. That was the one thing I didn't like about the prophecy was the minimalist stock pommel. I also didn't like having nothing between the speaker and the rest of the world. Now it will be protected.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2015, 10:24:25 PM »

You must have bought the last Prophecy v3. It appears to be out of stock now, I tried to order one just now.

Jedi Thompson
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 02:56:09 AM »

You just inspired me. I've got the prophecy as well. I saw your pic of the prophecy with the archon pommel. I ordered the archon classic pommel for mine. That was the one thing I didn't like about the prophecy was the minimalist stock pommel. I also didn't like having nothing between the speaker and the rest of the world. Now it will be protected.

Thank you, I look forward to seeing what you come up with for your prophecy.

Christopher

Lord Sagittarius
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

sith lord, resurrected from taris

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 05:27:04 AM »

UR LUCKY, THAT'S THE LAST ONE

CURRENT SABERS:
SS RAVEN X2
FUTURE SABERS: MALICE, RENEGADE*, DOUBLE-BLADE MENANDE.
*=emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: