Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Great Moments in Villainy  (Read 6940 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« on: November 12, 2015, 08:37:53 PM »

Welcome all.

Having random thoughts (which is actually quite an ironically common occurrence with me), and I started wondering....

What are you're favorite video game villain moments? (Anti-heroes included)

This came about whilst thinking about fictional animal noises, and I was reminded of the great (and highly memorable) scene in God of War when the main head of the Hydra rises up lets out that blood curdling scream. Every time I hear it reminds me of the first time.

And still on the GoW kick. I'll never forget the first time I saw Kratos throw King Midas in the lava fall to stop its flow.
(There's actually quite a few good villain moments perpetrated by the "hero" in that series.)

So tell me about yours.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 04:54:00 AM »

Welcome all.

Having random thoughts (which is actually quite an ironically common occurrence with me), and I started wondering....

What are you're favorite video game villain moments? (Anti-heroes included)

This came about whilst thinking about fictional animal noises, and I was reminded of the great (and highly memorable) scene in God of War when the main head of the Hydra rises up lets out that blood curdling scream. Every time I hear it reminds me of the first time.

And still on the GoW kick. I'll never forget the first time I saw Kratos throw King Midas in the lava fall to stop its flow.
(There's actually quite a few good villain moments perpetrated by the "hero" in that series.)

So tell me about yours.

When Liquid Ocelot unveiled Guns of the Patriots.
Scolar Visari's propaganda speeches.
When the Wild Hunt lay siege to Kaer Morhen.
When the G-men betray John Marsten.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 05:01:57 AM »

In Spec-Ops: The Line, when you have no other choice but to drop white phosphorus on a group of American soldiers; because it's a game and it's for the greater good, you know?

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 03:30:15 PM »

In Spec-Ops: The Line, when you have no other choice but to drop white phosphorus on a group of American soldiers; because it's a game and it's for the greater good, you know?

Oooh. Willie Pete is some vicious $#!%. It should almost be considered a war crime.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Firwik Howlo
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 03:46:04 PM »

In Jade Empire when your old freaking master turns on you. I was surprised and Pissed lol

Take a look round lively old London. Buzzing crowds we sweat and we revel. Red-cheeked shouts and songs In the flicker of the gaslight. Eager Blighty bursts from the cobblestones. Racing, climbing blooming fertility. Born from secret seeds that were scattered in the nighttime. London is fed upon the meat of the dead. They’re one shallow inch below the town. Them that whispered dreams that only poisoned us. Them that told us lies of their bravery. Them that preached of progress, and put us in the poorhouse. Them done horrid murder on bloody stages. Them that loudly crowed their humility.

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 04:48:51 AM »

When Vader arrives on Correlia to capture the rebels (Star Wars: The Force Unleashed)

When General Raam kills Lieutenant Kim (Gears of War)

When it is revealed that you, Booker DeWitt, are actually the bad guy, Zachary Comstock (Bioshock Infinite)

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Flunke
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 10:20:22 AM »

I always thought that Kefka destroying the world in FFVI was a great villainous moment. I Literally thought i had done something wrong until i realised the game continued after that point.

I though Vaas shooting your brother in the neck then laughing as he bled out at the beginning of Far Cry 3 was a pretty hardcore moment as well. Such a great bad guy. But then that psycho rapist Australian dude in that game out-villain-ed him. It's too bad the final fights with both of them were so underwhelming.

Also the entirety of dark souls was an act of villainy perpetrated by the developers as far as I'm concerned.

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 11:33:21 AM »

I think commander shepard has some great anti-hero moments when played right, such as a renegade option at the end of the citadel DLC mission:

"be honest, you'll miss me" *breaks free and runs*

*shepard draws pistol and shoots them dead*

"not at this range"

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 02:52:54 PM »

"be honest, you'll miss me" *breaks free and runs*

*shepard draws pistol and shoots them dead*

"not at this range"

Awesome

Sig by For Tyeth

Connah
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 05:49:53 PM »

that whole DLC in general is amazing

"commander, in my cycle when we retreated through large containers of aquatic. Oh wait, we didn't, you are a trail blazer"

plus there are at least 3 star wars references

back on topic

I also thought that when the SAS get betrayed in COD6 was pretty dam brutal

Dominix V4 VA with sound

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 08:27:39 PM »

SPOILER ALERT!

When Vader rapes Starkiller in TFU to "deceive the Emperor." You just don't see it coming.

Sig by For Tyeth

Connah
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 08:46:47 PM »

Thrawn, the ensign and the tractor beam operator

that's a cool bit

Dominix V4 VA with sound

Firwik Howlo
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2016, 03:34:49 PM »

"Death awaits you." - Maester Seymour

My poor, poor summon monsters.

Take a look round lively old London. Buzzing crowds we sweat and we revel. Red-cheeked shouts and songs In the flicker of the gaslight. Eager Blighty bursts from the cobblestones. Racing, climbing blooming fertility. Born from secret seeds that were scattered in the nighttime. London is fed upon the meat of the dead. They’re one shallow inch below the town. Them that whispered dreams that only poisoned us. Them that told us lies of their bravery. Them that preached of progress, and put us in the poorhouse. Them done horrid murder on bloody stages. Them that loudly crowed their humility.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2016, 04:43:24 PM »

Basically every moment involving Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2016, 06:18:57 PM »

Lots of scenes from TFU1 come to mind - still think that's one of the better EU stories.

The first alien reveal in Alien Isolation got my blood pumping too.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: