Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Switch Bezel Switcharoo  (Read 11142 times)
JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« on: November 14, 2015, 01:04:08 AM »

I've got a Dark Initiate LE v4 that I'm giving to my daughter for her birthday, and I'm doing a few electronics customisations (more to come on that in another post) . . . when installing a new av switch I had an idea to use a silver bezel with a black switch, and WOW it looks gorgeous . . . so to follow this through, I've taken some pics with some different combinations on this hilt and a couple other black / silver hilts to share here . . .  Smiley

First a non-illuminated black switch / bezel and silver switch / bezel (this is how they would normally be installed)

Black switch with silver bezel (non-illuminated av top, illuminated av bottom)

this is by far my favourite . . . looks really nice on this dark LE hilt Smiley

Silver switch with black bezel (non-illuminated av top, illuminated av bottom)

And, I only had a couple other hilts on hand, so here's the Consular and an Archon v2.1 / v3 body also

I really like some of these, and will probably change some up on future mods . . . I have one very specific idea in mind  Wink

I haven't asked Emory if US would do this for new orders, but I guess they would . . .  when ordering you could put a request in the order comment box to change the switch bezel . . . If anyone does want to try this, please email Emory first and let us all know if thats possible . . . cheers Smiley
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 01:16:40 AM by JediXIX » Logged

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 01:16:20 AM »

Looks good XIX,

I like that two tone appearance on the switches.  I don't see why US wouldn't do this, but you never know.  Cant help to ask  Cheesy

+1 for the idea

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 140

Light side points PLEASE and stop with dark points

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 05:22:58 PM »

I've got a Dark Initiate LE v4 that I'm giving to my daughter for her birthday, and I'm doing a few electronics customisations (more to come on that in another post) . . . when installing a new av switch I had an idea to use a silver bezel with a black switch, and WOW it looks gorgeous . . . so to follow this through, I've taken some pics with some different combinations on this hilt and a couple other black / silver hilts to share here . . .  Smiley

First a non-illuminated black switch / bezel and silver switch / bezel (this is how they would normally be installed)

Black switch with silver bezel (non-illuminated av top, illuminated av bottom)

this is by far my favourite . . . looks really nice on this dark LE hilt Smiley

Silver switch with black bezel (non-illuminated av top, illuminated av bottom)

And, I only had a couple other hilts on hand, so here's the Consular and an Archon v2.1 / v3 body also

I really like some of these, and will probably change some up on future mods . . . I have one very specific idea in mind  Wink

I haven't asked Emory if US would do this for new orders, but I guess they would . . .  when ordering you could put a request in the order comment box to change the switch bezel . . . If anyone does want to try this, please email Emory first and let us all know if thats possible . . . cheers Smiley

I want the Black av Switch with silver on my Consular when I order it

sabers I own:
Prophecy v3  <---Guardian Blue w/V4 sound
Bellicose <--- Sentinel Yellow V3 sound
Dark Menace <---Guardian Blue  V4 sound
Manticore CE <---Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Consular <--- Adegan silver with Quick disconnects
Electrum Wind <---DVA with V4 sound

wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 03:07:11 AM »

Wicked idea Jed, looks great!  This would be great to do on those yin/ yang paired Libby's I did that really play on the balck and silver dual tone look.  Very cool Smiley.

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 06:14:09 PM »

Wicked idea Jed, looks great!  This would be great to do on those yin/ yang paired Libby's I did that really play on the balck and silver dual tone look.  Very cool Smiley.

I agree with you it's a great idea

sabers I own:

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 01:36:12 AM »

I want the Black av Switch with silver on my Consular when I order it

Since posting this back in November last year, I have ordered a saber with a black av and put a note in the comments to "please put a silver bezel on the black switch" and US did just that . . . So I'm sure if you request it they'll do it for you JAC . . .

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 02:09:47 AM »

Since posting this back in November last year, I have ordered a saber with a black av and put a note in the comments to "please put a silver bezel on the black switch" and US did just that . . . So I'm sure if you request it they'll do it for you JAC . . .

That's good to know because it looks really nice! +1 for your continued ingenuity  Smiley

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 03:03:10 AM »

I did request it when I ordered it

sabers I own:

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 12:56:33 AM »

I've had a few PM's about this lately . . . so thought I'd bump this up from last year  Grin

I'll add some more pics when I can, and others please feel free to add bezel switcharoo pics so we can all see how cool this can look on some hilts . . .

For now, here are some pics of my latest, the Lost Gray, silver bezel with a black av switch . . . cheers  Cool

As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm REALLY liking the silver bezel with the Black AV switch on the Lost Gray . . . it matches the details of both black buttons on mine . . . here's a couple of close up pics of this new wider bezel US has developed for the Lost Gray, and I have to wonder if we'll see this on any other hilts . . . Also, because it sits the switch higher out of the hilt, it might be possible to use this bezel with an illuminated latching av for some stunt sabers ? . . . I'm hoping so, that would be a very cool option for US to add . . .

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 04:37:01 AM »

I've had a few PM's about this lately . . . so thought I'd bump this up from last year  Grin

I'll add some more pics when I can, and others please feel free to add bezel switcharoo pics so we can all see how cool this can look on some hilts . . .

For now, here are some pics of my latest, the Lost Gray, silver bezel with a black av switch . . . cheers  Cool

As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm REALLY liking the silver bezel with the Black AV switch on the Lost Gray . . . it matches the details of both black buttons on mine . . . here's a couple of close up pics of this new wider bezel US has developed for the Lost Gray, and I have to wonder if we'll see this on any other hilts . . . Also, because it sits the switch higher out of the hilt, it might be possible to use this bezel with an illuminated latching av for some stunt sabers ? . . . I'm hoping so, that would be a very cool option for US to add . . .

REALLY good stuff there ... I've followed your lead on this with just about every saber I've ordered since I first saw your pics and the video review from JediApprenticeChris (good one, btw, really showed your enthusiasm and appreciation for that bezel "mod"). Love, love, love it! In fact, I just sent my Consular in to UltraSabers to have them upgrade standard AAA battery/Obsidian Lite to Li-Ion/Obsidian V4, and I also paid extra to have them put in a new white illuminated black AV switch with a SILVER bezel - yaaaas! So, thanks again for the COOLEST idea! Have a point, please   Wink

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 05:15:21 AM »

Hey, so loving the bezel switcheroo idea so much since I first saw it a few weeks ago, I thought it'd be cool to show pics of the sabers I've used this very cool mod on, thanks to JediXIX. It has become a must have for me on most orders now... so, here they are... enjoy!

Archon 2.1 - white illuminated black AV switch with silver bezel:

Guardian nickel finish - red illuminated black AV switch with silver bezel:

Manticore CE nickel finish - red illuminated black AV switch with silver bezel:

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 10:47:09 AM »

I read the thread title, and instantly knew who posted it - without looking...lol

Awesome Jed!

Those look spectacularly stunning.  Shocked Shocked

WANT!!  I like the black illuminated AV with the silver bezel best as well. Smiley

Great job man, and thanks for showing us all.

+1 for spreading the saber love.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2016, 02:27:02 PM »

Switching the bezels is cool, and quite easy to do if you have a heat gun. Smiley However, I wonder, does anybody know if you can switch the buttons?  Do they come out?  Or, would it be possible to take the plastic outer part off of an AV switch and swap them?  I don't imagine they come apart very easily.  I took one out of one of my Ultra Sabers a while back, and it seems solidly constructed.

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2016, 01:09:28 AM »

I'm doing this idea to every saber I order for now on

sabers I own:

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 04:42:43 AM »

I'm doing this idea to every saber I order for now on
So right. Seems like a no-brainer now. It's so sharp and really adds an extra spark to the overall look, though for me it really only works the one way ... silver bezel with black AV switch ... the black bezel with silver AV switch isn't a look I'd want. I guess you could say I just like silver a lot, so I'd probably just do silver with silver if I chose a silver AV switch.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: