Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Switch Bezel Switcharoo  (Read 11102 times)
JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 04:49:13 AM »

So right. Seems like a no-brainer now. It's so sharp and really adds an extra spark to the overall look, though for me it really only works the one way ... silver bezel with black AV switch ... the black bezel with silver AV switch isn't a look I'd want. I guess you could say I just like silver a lot, so I'd probably just do silver with silver if I chose a silver AV switch.

Thanks for sharing the pics Lord B . . . More points coming your way  Smiley

I don't know ? . . . I thought the same, but the more I imagine it I really think a silver switch with black bezel would look sensational on a Bellicose . . . It could compliment the black hilt highlights ? . . .

I have a white illuminated silver switch on my Emerald Archon, and it's been playing up a bit lately, so that gives me an excuse to change the switch . . . And my first instinct is a red illuminated black av with a silver bezel . . . But I might also try the opposite, a red illuminated silver av with a black bezel . . . Fun to think about it . . .

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 05:08:18 AM »

Thanks for sharing the pics Lord B . . . More points coming your way  Smiley

I don't know ? . . . I thought the same, but the more I imagine it I really think a silver switch with black bezel would look sensational on a Bellicose . . . It could compliment the black hilt highlights ? . . .

I have a white illuminated silver switch on my Emerald Archon, and it's been playing up a bit lately, so that gives me an excuse to change the switch . . . And my first instinct is a red illuminated black av with a silver bezel . . . But I might also try the opposite, a red illuminated silver av with a black bezel . . . Fun to think about it . . .
Thanks, bro. Yeah, I thought a lot about that for the Bellicose as well as the Archon 2.1 and the Guardian, just to name the ones I have and could envision that on the best, and I much prefer the brief moment of contrast that the silver bezel to black AV switch provides, otherwise the black hilt fades into the black bezel but maybe you're right on a hilt like the Archon that has an AV switch on a hilt with alternating black/silver grooves. I guess I'm just stuck on that bezel standing out more like the silver makes it. I really like the red illuminated AV switch except when the blade color is Bane's Heart, kind of clashes, you know, and looks like a Valentine's Day lightsaber.   Grin

Ultrasabers should really add a bezel selector option on their site.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2016, 05:23:14 PM »

I am so getting this on my next order.
Didnt know it was a possible option.

Point  Grin

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2016, 07:42:15 PM »

I am so getting this on my next order.
Didnt know it was a possible option.

Point  Grin
It's starting to trend quite a bit now -yes! I had always gone with a "what you see is what you get" mentality when I was ordering my first sabers, not realizing how flexible UltraSabers can be with you if you ask. They're great!

Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 11:50:51 AM »

Such a great idea JediXIX, will be doing the same with my Prophecy sabres once I've finished Op. Yin Yang!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 01:20:48 PM »

So right. Seems like a no-brainer now. It's so sharp and really adds an extra spark to the overall look, though for me it really only works the one way ... silver bezel with black AV switch ... the black bezel with silver AV switch isn't a look I'd want. I guess you could say I just like silver a lot, so I'd probably just do silver with silver if I chose a silver AV switch.

Has anyone done silver button, black bezel on a silver hilt yet? I'd love to see it. I hate the feel and operation of the AV switches, but if it gave it a good look I'd be willing to do it on my Monarch when I order it as it will pretty much be a shelf queen.

Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 02:51:49 PM »

Has anyone done silver button, black bezel on a silver hilt yet? I'd love to see it. I hate the feel and operation of the AV switches, but if it gave it a good look I'd be willing to do it on my Monarch when I order it as it will pretty much be a shelf queen.
I'll be doing just that, putting a black bezel on a silver A/V switch on my Prophecy, once the parts arrive from US, which will take about a week to arrive here in Australia.

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 02:57:55 PM »

I'll be doing just that, putting a black bezel on a silver A/V switch on my Prophecy, once the parts arrive from US, which will take about a week to arrive here in Australia.

Hopefully they get here before I make my order next week then  Grin

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 03:03:00 PM »

I did that on my Arbiter along with an Electrum Wind black bezel to match it:

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 03:32:01 PM »

I did that on my Arbiter along with an Electrum Wind black bezel to match it:

Thanks Lord Bladewraith! Do you have a picture of it without the switch light on by any chance please?

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2017, 08:31:48 PM »

Thanks Lord Bladewraith! Do you have a picture of it without the switch light on by any chance please?

Sure thing, buddy.  Are these more like what you needed?  If you need a different angle or anything, just let me know:

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2017, 09:21:15 PM »

LB I do think I'm getting that saber one of these times or the dark version. You have really turned my eye to it.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 09:38:28 PM »

Sure thing, buddy.  Are these more like what you needed?  If you need a different angle or anything, just let me know:

You're the best! Thanks heaps man Smiley

Definitely going to rock that on my monarch as it will fit perfectly with the couple black accents I want to add to it Smiley

Points points points!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2017, 11:05:59 PM »

You're the best! Thanks heaps man Smiley

Definitely going to rock that on my monarch as it will fit perfectly with the couple black accents I want to add to it Smiley

Points points points!

Hey, you're welcome, buddy! My pleasure to help. That will look stellar on your Monarch. Rockin' it is right! Ultra Sabers would likely see a surge of new Monarch orders if you shared some pics here.   Grin

Thanks for the points!

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2017, 12:24:08 AM »

Hey, you're welcome, buddy! My pleasure to help. That will look stellar on your Monarch. Rockin' it is right! Ultra Sabers would likely see a surge of new Monarch orders if you shared some pics here.   Grin

Thanks for the points!

Oh I'm sure hoping everyone likes it after I customize it slightly Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: