Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Explaining options  (Read 1270 times)
Dayo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 04, 2011, 08:45:47 PM »

Is there a page that explains what all the possible options mean? For example, I have no idea what "UltraEdge" or "midgrade" means, and I don't understand what needs to be "sanded to fit."

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 09:03:31 PM »

some of the blades cant fit into the force fx hilts for conversions, so they have to sand their own blades to make them fit. mid grade heavy grade and ultra edge are different blade options. ultra edge heavy grades are for hard duelers who really want to wack sabers. they can even be hit against bokken swords. mid grades look very good in photos and are quite durable for dueling circumstances. it is also lighter in wieght

Dayo
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 11:00:58 PM »

At checkout, I see these options...

What do these mean? How is an "Ultraedge" or "Heavygrade" different from an "Ultraedge Heavygrade"?

I can also choose the tip type. What is the difference between a "round tip" and "pointed tip"? And what does "INCREASED lead time" mean?

ultra edge heavy grades are for hard duelers who really want to wack sabers. they can even be hit against bokken swords.

Sounds like what I need. Is there a downside? Does the brightness suffer at all? Will it still be brighter than a stock MR?
Thanks for the reply!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:06:55 PM by Dayo » Logged

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 11:23:07 PM »

Ok for us to answer some of your questions, you need to give us more information - are you getting a Force FX saber converted?  Or buying a saber?  If so, which saber?  That lets us know what options you have available.

I'll explain about the blades:

Midgrade - thin walled blade, more flexible and not as durable as heavy grade.  Still very durable and great for dueling, nice and light and very bright.

Heavy grade - thick walled blade, other than that same as midgrade.  Much more sturdy, will hold up against VERY hard surfaces and blows, but loses some brightness due to thicker walls.

Ultraedge - this is a middle grade blade as far as durability goes.  Apart from that, the only difference is it uses a milky kind of polycarbonate blade which results in a more evenly spread color throughout the blade - distorts the color a slight amount for the most part.

Ultraedge heavy grade - literally just the Ultraedge version of a heavy grade blade.  Same milky color to the blade, same color effect, but thicker walled polycarbonate is used so it has the same durability as the regular Heavy grade.

Dayo
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 11:53:30 PM »

^ Thanks! Very helpful!

I am sending in two lightsabers for conversion: Luke ROTJ and Vader ANH.

Another question: What about the tip types? What is the difference between a round tip and a pointed tip? Also, what is "INCREASED lead time"?

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 12:13:56 AM »

Ok for us to answer some of your questions, you need to give us more information - are you getting a Force FX saber converted?  Or buying a saber?  If so, which saber?  That lets us know what options you have available.

I'll explain about the blades:

Midgrade - thin walled blade, more flexible and not as durable as heavy grade.  Still very durable and great for dueling, nice and light and very bright.

Heavy grade - thick walled blade, other than that same as midgrade.  Much more sturdy, will hold up against VERY hard surfaces and blows, but loses some brightness due to thicker walls.

Ultraedge - this is a middle grade blade as far as durability goes.  Apart from that, the only difference is it uses a milky kind of polycarbonate blade which results in a more evenly spread color throughout the blade - distorts the color a slight amount for the most part.

Ultraedge heavy grade - literally just the Ultraedge version of a heavy grade blade.  Same milky color to the blade, same color effect, but thicker walled polycarbonate is used so it has the same durability as the regular Heavy grade.

Nero, may I suggest you(or another mod/admin) make this into a topic and sticky it? I think it' would be a good idea. Just a suggestion though.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 12:42:51 AM »

Nero, may I suggest you(or another mod/admin) make this into a topic and sticky it? I think it' would be a good idea. Just a suggestion though.

I stickied it.  Now let's hope people start using the search function just a tad more often.

In reference to the blade tip types.  Rounded tip is more classic Episodes IV - VI whereas a bullet tip blade actually comes to a point, Episodes I - III.  Increased lead time indicates that it will take longer to build and process your purchase before it get's shipped.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: