Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help with transitioning clips  (Read 2063 times)
The Eld
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 25

« on: November 20, 2015, 08:05:50 AM »

Hi to all the Obsidian Masters out there! I really need some advice!
I apologize if this has been discussed adnausium, but I've looked up and down and can't find any answers.

Here's my problem:
I purchased a sound font and I'm having trouble with the sounds blending together seamlessly. I converted all the sounds to the appropriate format with audacity, and made all the clips beginnings and ends match up. When I run them together in the editor, it flows perfectly, but when it's in the saber there is a distinct  change. I think the sounds match up, but when the hum begins it begins really strong and noticeably stronger but not louder...if that makes any sense at all!
I'm not having these issues, to the same degree, with the fonts from here, but I would really like to get the ones I purchased working properly!  If anyone has a solution or any advice please help.

Thank you kind masters!

RDWilson
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -22

I am the perfect embodiment of the Dark Side!

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 08:36:21 AM »

What exactly do you mean by "stronger but not louder?" Could you possibly post a recording comparing the font in Audacity vs. on your saber?

Onward! Onward! Onward to victory!

Dominix LE V4, RGBA, Obsidian V4

The Eld
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 08:59:54 AM »

Thanks for the reply!
I'm not savvy enough to post audio clips unfortunately.
I say stronger but not louder because, initially it did seem loader, but I have adjusted the hum volume accordingly. That helped but there is still a noticeable changeover. Maybe there is a tiny pause between sounds, and when the hum starts it sounds more distinct? It's definitely noticable though.
The whole thing is confounding to me! I have edited a few fonts, and it's only the purchased ones that do this. And they all do it. It's very strange.

RDWilson
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 05:01:11 PM »

If you've edited fonts, you would naturally know how the sound would be edited to run seamlessly; could you possibly edit the sound yourself to do so?

If you could post an audio clip, it would be a lot more helpful. Could you upload a video to YouTube and post the link here?

The Eld
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 07:05:44 PM »

That's the thing. I did edit it to run seamlessly.
I may have to try and figure out how to post videos, just so you guys don't think I'm crazy! lol
I was sorta hoping this was a normal issue with an easy fix.

RDWilson
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 07:23:43 PM »

Unfortunately, I haven't heard of it happening before. That's not to say it hasn't happened before; I'm fairly new to this but try to give a helpful comment when I can. Maybe one of the more experienced guys could help you out a bit more? Good luck in whatever it is that's causing problems!

FatguyJedi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 01:19:11 AM »

i know what you mean.  i have a font i just loaded and as soon as the activation sound plays, the hum is loud and stronger  the transition from power on to hum is subtle but very noticeable  like... the hum is louder in the file itself, but not really.  i think we should try a different hum and see how it sounds  i feel your pain with the purchased fonts.  any luck yet?

Light Side points appreciated please and thank you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: