Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: General Double-Blade Questions  (Read 1936 times)
927sdj
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 22, 2015, 06:02:19 PM »

Hello, everyone. I'm new to this site and I'm looking to find some more information on building a lightsaber before I start committing to specifications or whatever. I'm interested in double-bladed lightsabers and needed to know a few things:

1)   If I'm constructing a double-bladed lightsaber, do I need to order a hilt pommel? How would that work out if I did need one, since both ends of my lightsaber would be blade?
2)   Could a hilt pommel take the place of a blade plug? If not, would I even need to bother with a hilt pommel at all?
3)   How do I order a lightsaber with the capability of adding sound later, without paying for the sound up front? Basically, how can I save money on my initial order before I go back to pay for the obsidian USB sound addition later?
4) Do I need to also order a clip for hanging onto a belt for my double-bladed lightsaber? If so, how does one hang from a belt clip if it has two blades?
5) What exactly is/are the difference(s) with a regular saber versus an Emerald Saber? What is the added effect and cost of an Emerald Saber?

Thanks so much for your help! I hope to be able to get a new lightsaber in several months and find other folks to spar with!

A Trained Assassin of the Sith, an Instrument of Fire and Lightning, a Weapon of the Red Lotus...
As Silent as the Faintest Whisper, as Swift as an Autumn Breeze, as Steady as Stone...
The Ataru Master of the Twin Blades and The Dark Side of The Force...

...I am The Red Spirit. In Death do I Live.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 06:40:30 PM »

Hello, everyone. I'm new to this site and I'm looking to find some more information on building a lightsaber before I start committing to specifications or whatever. I'm interested in double-bladed lightsabers and needed to know a few things:

1)   If I'm constructing a double-bladed lightsaber, do I need to order a hilt pommel? How would that work out if I did need one, since both ends of my lightsaber would be blade?
2)   Could a hilt pommel take the place of a blade plug? If not, would I even need to bother with a hilt pommel at all?
3)   How do I order a lightsaber with the capability of adding sound later, without paying for the sound up front? Basically, how can I save money on my initial order before I go back to pay for the obsidian USB sound addition later?
4) Do I need to also order a clip for hanging onto a belt for my double-bladed lightsaber? If so, how does one hang from a belt clip if it has two blades?
5) What exactly is/are the difference(s) with a regular saber versus an Emerald Saber? What is the added effect and cost of an Emerald Saber?

Thanks so much for your help! I hope to be able to get a new lightsaber in several months and find other folks to spar with!

Hi and Welcome.  I see you posted this query twice, that's really not necessary and the Introduction section is just for short intros, not questions.  As well it is required for you to post an acknowledgment that you have read the Rules... here   http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=117.0     Simply read the rules and post an acknowledgement that you have read them.  That being said you will find everyone here eager to answer any questions new members have and I will do my best right now to give you the info you want.  I'm sure those more knowledgeable will come in and correct anything I say wrong.  Here we go.

1.) Ultrasabers Double Bladed lightsabers are not one solid piece, they are 2 sabers joined together by a coupler.  You join the 2 sabers with the coupler at the bottom where the pommel would go.  So if you never intend it to be anything other than a double bladed lightsaber then no, you wouldn't need pommels.  But since the basic pommels come at no extra charge it's not really a big deal.  (When ordering a double bladed saber you will notice the first 2 pommel options have no price..this means they are not extra.)
  2.)  Hopefully my answer to #1 made this one moot.
  3.)  First make sure the saber you want has sound compatible, some of the cheaper models do not have the capability to have sound.  But you just order a Stunt version.  When you click on the Single or Double bladed link on the home page you should see this.....

Just pick either Stunt Sabers or right under it Emerald Sabers.  These don't have the sound boards and when you get the extra funds (if they can have sound..most can) you simple drop Emory a email and he will give you the instructions to ship it back and have sound added.
   4.)  You will need to have a covertec wheel installed and order a covertec clip to hang it from your belt.  If you were going to hang it from your belt I would imagine you would remove the blades.  Ultrasaber blades are removable for wear.
   5.) A Saber with the Emerald drive allows you to hook the saber up to your computer and change the colors anytime you like.  it more expensive but many find it worth it to be able to change the blade color on a whim with out removing the LED.

I hope I answered your questions well enough.  Don't Hesitate to ask and I advise a lot of question asking before you purchase so you can be sure to get exactly what you want.  Also there are videos from Ultrsabers talking about the different models and software here.  https://www.youtube.com/user/UltraSWG  
   Again, Welcome and May the Force Be With You.
    P.s.  DO you prefer light or dark side points.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 06:53:12 PM by Darth Tepes » Logged

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 08:07:40 PM »

1) Darth Tepes answered that quite well, so nothing to add Smiley

2) No, a blade plug is not useable as a pommel and a pommel is not useable as a blade plug! A blade plug goes into the emitter to protect the LED and your (as well as other people's) eyes since the LED is very bright and may lead to blindness if you look into it without protection. A pommel screws into the bottom of the saber to protect the battery pack and keep it from sliding out of the saber.

3) If you want to add sound later, pick a saber that is sound compatible. If you look at the section "Sabers with Sound", you find all hilts that are capable of holding a sound board. In the section "Emerald Sabers with Sound" you find all sabers that are capable of holding a sound board and the Emerald Driver. So when you plan on a saber without sound and want to add sound and the Emerald Driver later, you MUST look at the "Emerald Saber with Sound" section first to see which hilts can hold both boards. Then you can order that hilt from the "Stunt Sabers" section and be sure that this saber can be upgraded with sound and/or Emerald.

4) If you want to carry your saber, then yes, you would need to order the Covertec Whee and Clip. To hang it on your belt, you remove the blades, slide the Covertec Wheel into the clip and put that clip onto your belt.

5) An Emerald Driver provides the possibility to either use any colour from the visible spectrum (4-channel Drivers) or only fractions of it (2-channel Drivers) for your blade. These settings can be changed with a PC. Also, the Drivers contain the "Pulse Mode" which can be used to transition between two colours and (if set correctly) provide a movie-like flicker effect. However, the Drivers are expensive - 90$ for any 2-channel Driver and 140$ for any 4-channel Driver!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

927sdj
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 08:12:57 PM »

Thanks, friend! That really helps a lot! I'm also kind of new to Forums in general, so it may take me a while to get back to you or to engage in other activities on this specific forum (I see there are Light and Dark points but I have no idea what that even is).

A Trained Assassin of the Sith, an Instrument of Fire and Lightning, a Weapon of the Red Lotus...
As Silent as the Faintest Whisper, as Swift as an Autumn Breeze, as Steady as Stone...
The Ataru Master of the Twin Blades and The Dark Side of The Force...

...I am The Red Spirit. In Death do I Live.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 08:27:37 PM »

Thanks, friend! That really helps a lot! I'm also kind of new to Forums in general, so it may take me a while to get back to you or to engage in other activities on this specific forum (I see there are Light and Dark points but I have no idea what that even is).

The points are just for fun.  Generally if Someone has Darth in their name they are going to prefer Dark Side points..otherwise just ask. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: