Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Issues with font mixing/format/Blending, need some assitance  (Read 1664 times)
OneInTheMiddle
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 23, 2015, 04:04:41 AM »

I recently purchased a sound font for my new saber and was able to format the fonts correctly to be loaded, my problem is the hum isn't persistent as it was with the stock sounds, and theres an audio gap, like skipping tracks when another sound plays such as swinging, or impact. I tried finding a similar post that perhaps had answers, but was unsuccessful. I'd appreciate if anyone can help me figure out what I need to do in order to get them to blend correctly. I've got a Flamberge LE with a V3, and this problem is driving me up a tree.

any and all assistance is appreciated, thanks for your time.

The Eld
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 04:23:04 AM »

I'm having the same issue. I've tried a number of things, but nothing has worked yet. When the hum picks back up it is very noticable. I purchased three fonts. All of them do the same thing. It may be that they weren't made for the Obsidian board, and they won't work, even after being formatted for it. If I have a breakthrough, I'll be sure to share! Good luck.

OneInTheMiddle
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 04:42:58 AM »

I purchased the font from saberfont, and I chose the NEC format version, does that matter?

The Eld
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 04:58:22 AM »

Maybe not, because the one I got were Plecter. It would be nice to get some clarification. I am a novice at this, but I know how to loop, zero cross, and such, but no luck.

The Eld
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 07:58:22 PM »

Okay, so I've had a little success on this issue!
It's not perfect, but it is close enough that I'm not bothered by it anymore....well, as much anyway

What I did...
I faded in and out the beginning and end of the hum, respectively, by about 1 second. Then I chopped off about .5 seconds off the ends, so it didn't fade off completely. Then I uploaded as usual, and the transition isn't as harsh anymore. Sometimes it's close to perfect, but I think some of my swings have different levels on them, so there are some variations. Maybe this will work for you.
Hope this helps!

OneInTheMiddle
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 04:55:07 PM »

Okay, so I've had a little success on this issue!
It's not perfect, but it is close enough that I'm not bothered by it anymore....well, as much anyway

What I did...
I faded in and out the beginning and end of the hum, respectively, by about 1 second. Then I chopped off about .5 seconds off the ends, so it didn't fade off completely. Then I uploaded as usual, and the transition isn't as harsh anymore. Sometimes it's close to perfect, but I think some of my swings have different levels on them, so there are some variations. Maybe this will work for you.
Hope this helps!

Will see about giving this a go and working on the clips today, thanks again for your help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: