Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: What is the best flash on clash color set up? I am a noob.  (Read 11847 times)
WorthiestWilly
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 25, 2015, 03:52:14 AM »

Hey SaberForum,
So I've had my eyes on a Graflex for a long time as my first saber (I've always loved Anakin's saber in ROTS), and I settled on Guardian Blue. However I was conflicted what flash on clash color I should get. I looked up videos on youtube about what some of them looked like, however I honestly cant tell what is best (some say silver is the best). Basically I have a few questions. What FOC color accommodates the guardian blue best? What do you guys recommend (since I assume many of you have experience). Is a FOC even worth it? I plan on trying to duel with it however I don't really know anybody that has a saber besides me.  Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Merkatrig
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -24

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 04:25:14 AM »

Me - personally - I use the color of the rainbow to determine color

ROYGBIV - Red/Orange/Yellow/Green/Blue/Indigo/Violet

I then typically base my flash color on whatever is brightest compared to my main color within a step or two.

So red I would do yellow, blue probably green, violet is arctic blue.

However, the "default" for me is the silver as pretty much a bright white flash goes with everything except another silver. A friend has a silver main saber and his FOC is green which looks nice.

Of course others will have a different way to do it but this is how I do mine.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 04:34:57 AM »

Hi.  I am supposing that you are drawn to the light side.  Because the Guardian Blue is such a strong color you will need a stronger flash.  White/silver flash is the obvious choice and the contrast will look good with this saber.  Also is most like the SW movie clash effects.  Suggest getting the white film Ultra Edge blade for a fuller blue blade in mid-grade ( UEMG ).

If you go to the US site and watch the FoC video, you will see GB with a ( BR ) Blazing Red flash.  I have this on my Grey saber and I really like the bold flash.  Flash isn't necessary and either you like it or it's just okay.  I have FoC on all my sound sabers.  You will still get the saber lock up sound.

Having a loaded saber when you have no one to practice or spar with is a little sad.  Lots of members have this same dilemma. My suggestion is that you get this with the v4 Obsidian sound board that has a mute font, or try the new Lite board.  Now or later get 2 grab bags or a staff so that you will have 2 stunt sabers for a friend and you to bash about.  Sometimes certain sabers are just too pretty or too iconic to use for dueling.   Smiley
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:03:41 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -43

In time you will call me master

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 06:04:37 AM »

Hey SaberForum,
So I've had my eyes on a Graflex for a long time as my first saber (I've always loved Anakin's saber in ROTS), and I settled on Guardian Blue. However I was conflicted what flash on clash color I should get. I looked up videos on youtube about what some of them looked like, however I honestly cant tell what is best (some say silver is the best). Basically I have a few questions. What FOC color accommodates the guardian blue best? What do you guys recommend (since I assume many of you have experience). Is a FOC even worth it? I plan on trying to duel with it however I don't really know anybody that has a saber besides me.  Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would say that silver is the best all around color for flash on clash. That is to say, you really cant mess up going with silver and it works well for every blade color. Another thing can be going with a color that is really far away from your blades main color. Flash on clash is meant to be a dramatic effect. Its basically meant to simulate your saber colliding with, or slicing through another object. So you want it to be as noticeable as possible.

For instance, if you have a guardian blue blade, then arctic blue is probably not the best choice for flash on clash. Its to subtle of a change for something meant to be much more visually dramatic. Same thing if you have a consular green blade, sunriders destiny probably isn't the most optimum FOC color.
But something directly opposite guardian blue, say blazing red, would be much more noticeable, especially if the effect your going for is your blue blade colliding with a red blade.

But basically the idea is for your FOC color to be a dramatic change from your main blade color. For me personally I like silver. Its just a great all purpose FOC that works for all situations, and all colors.

Dark Mantis-Blazing red-Obsidian V4
Chosen one- Obsidian V4/Emerald driver
Dark Monarch-Diamond controller

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 12:32:07 PM »

I have a Bane's Heart (pink) flash on my Guardian Blue blade, and it looks fantastic Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

PathofChaos
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 05:58:32 PM »

For instance, if you have a guardian blue blade, then arctic blue is probably not the best choice for flash on clash. Its to subtle of a change for something meant to be much more visually dramatic.
Crap. I just ordered a Guardian blue blade with FoC as Arctic blue... because I like uniformity. Is it going to suck / be unnoticeable? :-/

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 06:02:46 PM »

No, you'll notice it.  It just won't be as striking as silver or another color.   I've set my Emerald this way, however, and it is a nice effect.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

PathofChaos
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 06:38:48 PM »

-whew!- Thanks for the reassurance. I was feeling so awesome about my order, then I saw the earlier posts and was like "ahhh noooo! I ruined it..."

Its really nice to know that FoC from Guardian Blue to Arctic blue is still noticeable & looks nice. Thank you for the reassurance, Karmack.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 06:56:37 PM »

no problem.  :-)  You're going to love the saber, no doubt!  What hilt did you order and how is it equipped?  Curious.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 11:14:50 PM »

Crap. I just ordered a Guardian blue blade with FoC as Arctic blue... because I like uniformity. Is it going to suck / be unnoticeable? :-/

Heck no!  I was reading this thread, and I'm a AS guy myself - that dramatic, energy's been drained from my saber effect is just awesome, but I was thinking of a more subtle, yet noticeable change, and when I read GB, instantly thought of AB.

Looking forward to seeing it man. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 11:37:22 PM »

call me crazy but I'd say SY would be cool. look at ANH, (first one I thought of) when Obi and Vader clash it makes a yellowish flash. if I get FoC id get SY

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

PathofChaos
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 08:51:17 PM »

no problem.  :-)  You're going to love the saber, no doubt!  What hilt did you order and how is it equipped?  Curious.  :-)

I got a Graflex SE in Guardian Blue (because... yknow... Rey <3)
Arctic Blue Flash On Clash
Obsidian Premium V4 soundboard
Midgrade Ultraedge

It got here today!!! I already have a few bruises from sparring haha. Man this looks great. But I see what you guys mean about the Flash on Clash. It definitely still looks good but its quite subdued next to the strong hue of Guardian blue. I emailed ultrasabers and they said they could change my Flash On Clash if I shipped it back to them. With round trip shipping it'd cost $100 not sure if its worth that much to change the FoC. We'll see.

I already want another one! I am thinking Emperor's Hand in purple.... but what would be the best Flash On Clash for purple? Red? Silver? Input is most welcome please

PathofChaos
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 08:53:20 PM »

Heck no! ...that dramatic, energy's been drained from my saber effect is just awesome
That's a great way to look at it.

PathofChaos
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 08:54:22 PM »

call me crazy but I'd say SY would be cool. look at ANH, (first one I thought of) when Obi and Vader clash it makes a yellowish flash. if I get FoC id get SY
I watched a video (after I ordered of course) of a guy who did this same thing with Yellow FoC and it looked pretty dope.

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2018, 01:39:47 PM »

I took the Flash on Clash option for my first saber:

Blade color: Sun Rider's Destiny
FoC: Arctic Blue

It doesn't strike you as a really powerfull blow to your blade that unsettles it completely but as the FoC tends to activate when I do some spining or change hands it actually make the move look better as if the blade was not fully stable. Now that I have a saber that flashed a color close to the main color I think next time I go for a FoC I will try to take a flash color more distinct from the main one (maybe Consular Green blade flashing Sentinel Yellow or Arctic Blue blade flashing Violet Amethyst).

Anyway I think if you like the two colors you will find a way to appreciate the FoC

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: