Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What sound fonts are on the obsidian lite ?  (Read 4147 times)
badocter
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -25

« on: November 27, 2015, 12:59:40 PM »

The video did not explicitly state whether the lite had multiple sound fonts on it or just one font.  Would appreciate if someone can confirm what fonts are on it.  At end of the day, I would like at least one normal font and a silent font.

The Grey Wanderer
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 06:21:29 PM »

I believe I read that you could not change the font, so it's just the standard. I'd get that confirmed though as I'm new at this 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 01:39:38 AM »

Hi.  There is only one sound font with the Lite version and it is permanent.  That is the same as is on the v3 Obsidian sound board.  Is called the Obsidian Default.  With the v3 you could load another sound font on to replace the original or use the silent font, but not both at the same time.  If you want sound and mute on your saber, you will need to purchase the v4.  If you can, it's well worth the extra cost as it has 7 different sound fonts plus the silent one.   Smiley

badocter
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -25

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 01:52:55 AM »

Thanks for the replies.  I already have a V4 saber for myself and what it can do is impressive.  I am considering the Obsidian lite models as gifts for my nephew and niece.  I was originally going to get them stunt sabers because the V4 models were a little too expensive and I had concerns about them caring properly for the LI-ion batteries and not mixing them up with their other batteries and chargers.  The obsidian lite versions were just a bit over my budget target, and its use of normal rechargeable AAA won me over. 

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 02:46:16 AM »

Great.  That Lite board is really going to help out a lot of buyers, myself included.  I have v3 and v4 but am not computer savvy enough to risk changing the sound.  Personally I like the default sound.  Just a reminder that the younger ones will have to be careful of not damaging the speaker diaphragm.  Perhaps the least expensive sound pommel like the Catalyst will be better than the standard open hole pommel.  I don't think that it is too difficult to replace the speaker/battery pack unit if it gets ruined.   Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 01:56:08 PM »

Probably once you show them how to operate everything they'll catch on pretty quick. I would even say the Consular and Manticore high pommels would be good too. I want a Manticore high pommel for my Dominix V4 LE saber even though its just a standard stunt but would make good contrast with the top of the emitter

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: