Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: No Sound on power up- Please Help! (Pre plugged in issue)  (Read 1974 times)
Skynet05
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 30, 2015, 12:35:24 AM »

Hoping to glean some help from a fellow user!

I've recently got hold of a Chosen One saber.

After following the video demonstration of how to access the soundboard and USB port via unscrewing the pommel as shown, I did so then reinserted the speaker, battery unit and soundboard back in to the hilt (I have not even plugged it into my computer yet so it is my understanding it's not a software issue) and now it does not play any noises whatsoever. It lights up but does not play any sound. No activation sound, no power down sounds.

I've fully charged the battery to check that it wasn't the issue and have checked the batteries which seem to look okay, and as mentioned I've not yet even plugged it into my PC. Would this suggest a bad wiring connection or dodgy soundboard?

Specs Below:
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries & Trustfire Charger Included)]
[Recharge Port:Recharge Port + 0.2A Slow Charger]
[Blade Length:36" Standard Size]
[Blade Option:Mid Grade]
[Blade Holder Type:With Windows]
[Sound:Yes, Install Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]]

I've sent an email off to info@ultrasabers but hoping to get other people's experience of tips on how to fix this until I do hear something!

Thanks guys  Smiley

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 03:39:28 PM »

It seems to be either a wiring issue or a damaged speaker. Did you have sound before? If yes, then it's definitely not a sound board issue. I assume you pushed the battery pack back in and didn't touch the speaker? Then we can also rule out a speaker problem. I'd say 70-30 in favour of the wiring issue Wink

And yes, you're right that it can't be a software issue when the saber wasn't connected to the PC yet.

EDIT: Oh, you have the V4? Didn't see that before, sorry Cheesy Have you already tried to change the soundfont via the AV switch (you should have gotten an instruction sheet for the V4 saound board that explains how to change the font on-the-fly)? Maybe you simply chose the Silent font, then you would obviously get no sound at all Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 07:45:12 PM »

Did you cycle through the sounds and maybe confirm the silent one accidentally. Hold down the activation button when you turn it on and see if anything happens if it beeps once tap it again until it says something then hold down. I hope it's that simple.

You should definitely acknowledge the rules before posting any further though. The bold large red writing on the Forum home page.

EDIT: Sorry Racona I obviously didn't read your EDIT all the way through. 

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 07:51:17 PM by DarthBoneTD » Logged

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 07:56:01 PM »

Don't worry, everything's fine Cheesy It happens quite regularly that different members post the same suggestions Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Skynet05
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 09:00:58 PM »

Thank you for your help so far guys. Appreciated.

I have tried the steps mentioned. It used to say 'confirmed' when accessing the sound fonts through the sabers power button (Holding it down etc) and would then cycle through the various stock fonts. The saber still flashes briefly when I do hold the button down but it no longer says anything to let me know I'm in the fonts list. Worrying.

I've contacted Emory who suggested going through the V4 Launcher and checking it that way. However despite resetting it and deactivating the mute font through the program it's still not making any sound upon power up or at any time sound ought to play.

I guess I've got unlucky and it may well be the speaker or a wiring issue? Anything I can do to check this without damaging the unit? 

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 08:01:41 PM »

If it's the speaker, then you can't really check that. A wiring problem is quite easy to check, though.

Pull out the battery pack and remove the batteries and the black tape wrapped around the end of the battery pack.
Then check the wires leading to the speaker (if you look at the sound board with the black side up and the USB port facing towards you, then you have to look at the first and second wire that is coming from the sound board. These should be the speaker wires AFAIK.) if they're damaged or broken.

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: