Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Pommel is already jammed and I have had saber for 3 hours  (Read 1429 times)
WorthiestWilly
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 01, 2015, 02:15:01 AM »

So I got my Graflex SE in the mail today and I immediately started playing with it. Right away I was amazed, however I soon ran into problems. Initially, the blade plug I ordered didn't even fit in due to the poor filing job done on one of he screws. No big deal, I figure I can file it down alittle bit and get the blade plug to fit. Next, I try adding fonts to the soundbard. I go to unscrew it and the thing jams. I cant not get it open for the lie of me. Any help would be great. Thanks
thanks
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 02:46:45 AM by WorthiestWilly » Logged

Systemlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 02:52:38 AM »

Sounds like it's cross threaded, do not mess with it and contact US. Your still under warranty so don't sweat it, knowing US they will take care of it for you.

*Emerald Graflex SE w/Obsidian V4*

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 03:04:59 AM »

I've also noticed the occasional metal burr in the threads of either a pommel or emitter that missed getting cleaned out after production.  This could be a cause of your stuck pommel.  Either way the only way to get it off is brute force to un-screw it.  I think emailing US is a good idea and let them tell you how to proceed, do it yourself and see how the threads are or another route.  Personally I'd muscle it off but go with what you feel is wisest.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Merkatrig
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -24

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 03:48:39 AM »

Mt two cents - contact US first, explain the problem and if they say it may be a burr and muscle it cool. But that way if it really gets messed up you have the record of contact

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 03:53:25 AM »

+1 on contacting US.  I had a wiring problem with my Dark Mantis, and Emory & co were super fast in responding, getting it repaired, and mailing it back out to me pronto.  Crap happens, unfortunately, and they get full marks from me for customer service.

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 03:57:11 AM »

Agree with everyone.  I had a bad thread on a Coupler and couldn't even get it on.  Emory mailed me a new one immediately on receiving my e-mail and just had me return the old one in the packaging they sent.

One way or another - they'll take of it.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: