Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: "Big Idea"  (Read 3108 times)
Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« on: January 11, 2011, 07:20:53 AM »

Hey guys,

I had the coolest craziest idea a little while ago. My mother and and brother went to Disney World a couple of months ago. They brought back some custom built plastic lightsabers. Lol, mine looks like a cross between Vader, Qui-Gon, and Dooku's hilts. Anyway, enough with the back story. Grin

In Disney's Hollywood Studios park, they have a little Star Wars show where they invite kids to come and duel with Vader, among other things. My idea is to pitch to Disney World the use of your sabers in the show, and possibly selling in the gift shops. Part of the pitch can be the ability of your sabers to duel, as well as their brightness and durability. Just a fun crazy thought that you might want to consider.

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 07:36:54 AM »

The actors already use our sabers in the Jedi Training Academy at Disney Land:

Well, my turn to chime in here.

I haven't mentioned it until now but I'm the prop master for Disneyland in California and I bought the Darth Vader and Darth Maul Ultrasabers for the Jedi Training Academy show...

I Iooked at 3 lightsaber products: Parks Sabers, Hyperdine's sabers and Ultrasabers. All were very good in their own right but I needed the most durable saber available and that was clearly Ultrasabers. I just liked how the blade sits snugley and firlmy into the saber hilt and that there were no lights and fancy plugs added to the tube. All electronics were in the hilt.

Since everyone here probably knows what a Force Fx saber is and who Ultrasabers are, I won't go into any great explanation.

We don't light the sabers during the day so I add red vinal film to the inside of the blades. At night, it's a different story...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpJIISbwIGQ

So far the Jedi show has been running 5 shows a day, 7 day's a week since October of 2006 and the only damage the sabers have sustained are a few cracks in the blades and a few loose end caps.

Ultrasabers have my highest recommendation.

Darrin

Unfortunately, the only sabers allowed to be sold in Disney Land are the Hasbros.

Darth Ptera
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

You have no chance to survive make your time.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 07:57:36 AM »

That sucks, I was down in California a few weeks ago while they had lots of rain so the Jedi academy wasn't open. Would've liked to checked them out in person! Even more of a shame about not being allowed to sell your sabers there. For not a whole lot more cash one could buy a grab bag or PVC saber and it would look so much better than the ones you could create there... They were also out or red blades so I chuckled to myself about the drawing power of the darkside...  Grin

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 04:27:23 PM »

The actors already use our sabers in the Jedi Training Academy at Disney Land:

Well, my turn to chime in here.

I haven't mentioned it until now but I'm the prop master for Disneyland in California and I bought the Darth Vader and Darth Maul Ultrasabers for the Jedi Training Academy show...

I Iooked at 3 lightsaber products: Parks Sabers, Hyperdine's sabers and Ultrasabers. All were very good in their own right but I needed the most durable saber available and that was clearly Ultrasabers. I just liked how the blade sits snugley and firlmy into the saber hilt and that there were no lights and fancy plugs added to the tube. All electronics were in the hilt.

Since everyone here probably knows what a Force Fx saber is and who Ultrasabers are, I won't go into any great explanation.

We don't light the sabers during the day so I add red vinal film to the inside of the blades. At night, it's a different story...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpJIISbwIGQ

So far the Jedi show has been running 5 shows a day, 7 day's a week since October of 2006 and the only damage the sabers have sustained are a few cracks in the blades and a few loose end caps.

Ultrasabers have my highest recommendation.

Darrin

Unfortunately, the only sabers allowed to be sold in Disney Land are the Hasbros.

That's a real bummer that you can't sell your sabers at Disneyland. I bet Hasbro has a contract with Disney.

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: