Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald Flicker/Shimmer Settings  (Read 27047 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« on: December 04, 2015, 08:02:56 PM »

Don't know if anyone has done this, but I'm taking a post from tomfoyle and adding more to it.  You can find the original post here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23756.0

One of the coolest things about the Emerald Driver is to be able to add a flicker or shimmer effect on the blade like the sabers have in the movies.  I took tomfoyle's specs and tweaked just a few of them, but I stayed true to his list as best I could.  Again, don't know if it's been done, but for noobs like me, something like this is very helpful, especially with the new driver percentage sliders.  

The time I list is the "total time", and I did a 50/50 split on the time.  The values listed first are for the main color, which mostly coincide with tomfoyle's list, and I put that color on the left side of the slider lines.  The values listed below give it the shimmer, and I put them on the right side of the slider line.  The format is Red-Green-Blue-Time.

Arctic Blue   
0   100   100   
0   80   100   0.04s
Adegan Silver   
60   100   69   
45   100   54   0.04s
Bane’s Heart   
100   0   12   
100   0   2   0.06s
Blazing Red   
100   0   0   
75   0   0   0.04s
Consular Green   
0   100   0   
0   80   0   0.04s
Dark Violet Amethyst   
18   0   100   
5   0   100   0.04s
Emerald Green   
0   100   6   
0   100   0   0.08s
Fire Orange   
100   47   0   
100   32   0   0.04s
Guardian Blue   
0   0   100   
0   0   80   0.04s
Hot Pink   
100   0   75   
100   0   50   0.04s
Pyrestone Orange   
100   17   0   
100   7   0   0.04s
Sentinel Yellow   
100   100   0   
100   70   0   0.04s
Violet Amethyst   
48   0   100   
33   0   100   0.04s

I apologize if the formatting is sloppy.  I don't know how to insert tables into the forum just yet.  Hope that helps you get the look you're going for.

MTFBWY

LS-S
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 08:16:40 PM by Landen Se-Sentien » Logged

Signature banner by DarthScrub

InquisitionCapa
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 03:36:28 PM »

Thank you for this Landen! Was a great help in me getting to grips with how you can set up the emerald. Took me a while to get going but this helped a lot.

MTFBWY

Shock - Emerald & Obsidian V4

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 05:05:55 PM »

You're welcome. I'm glad to see someone found it helpful. I spent a few long night tinkering with it and thought I need to write it down.

I also suggest saving the settings into a file. That way, you can change to what you want with a click of a button.

InquisitionCapa
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 10:10:37 AM »

So now I have a library of Config files for auto flicker for any of the colours you posted. Ace! If anyone wants them, drop me a PM and ill shoot them your way Smiley Just give me a day or so to perfect a couple of them. FOC will always be to silver though but you can change that as you see fit  Grin

Shock - Emerald & Obsidian V4

PapaBliss
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 14

I am a guardian of balance

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 02:18:03 AM »

Thanks.

Saber owned:
Graflex SE w/ Emerald RGBW and Obsidian v4 - DUKE Blue / Silver
Manticore w/ Emerald RGBW and Obsidian v4 - DVA / Silver
Apprentice w/ Obsidian v4 - CG / Silver

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 02:38:23 AM »

You're welcome. I'm glad you were able to find it.

Crag Dweller
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

Light Side points please

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 01:41:30 AM »

Thanks so much for the is reference.    It has helped a newbie tremendously to get the most out of my sabers.

Cheers!

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the BUG" - Mark Knopfler 1991

Sabers so far:
Guardian - (Emerald)
Azure Menace - (Emerald)
Archon 2.1 - (Emerald)
Dark Arbiter - Guardian  Blue
Bellicose - Arctic Blue
Azure Mantis - (Emerald)
Graflex CE - (Emerald)

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 01:48:51 AM »

You're welcome. That was my hope for it. Just so you know, I changed my timing to 0.06. It is a more noticable flicker from afar. I also saved the settings as a file for each color, so now if I want to change, I just have to load it from the file. Way easier!

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 01:54:15 AM »

I really need to get an emerald.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 02:44:46 AM »

With the Obsidian launcher at present I use this as a quick color guild since it is mostly in percentages now.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Crag Dweller
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

Light Side points please

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 04:22:01 AM »

Nice. I will give 0.06 a try.

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the BUG" - Mark Knopfler 1991

Sabers so far:
Guardian - (Emerald)
Azure Menace - (Emerald)
Archon 2.1 - (Emerald)
Dark Arbiter - Guardian  Blue
Bellicose - Arctic Blue
Azure Mantis - (Emerald)
Graflex CE - (Emerald)

damiandouglaslim
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 07:33:47 AM »

0.4-0.4-0.4-0.4 works great and looks great, but some (like my wife) may think it's too fast.

So I tempered around and got something more comfortable to the eye which I use as an alternative.

0.10-0.02-0.10-0.02

Mr. Spock
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

Thank The Maker! I am no wingman, I am a master!

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 04:30:49 PM »

Don't know if anyone has done this, but I'm taking a post from tomfoyle and adding more to it.  You can find the original post here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23756.0

One of the coolest things about the Emerald Driver is to be able to add a flicker or shimmer effect on the blade like the sabers have in the movies.  I took tomfoyle's specs and tweaked just a few of them, but I stayed true to his list as best I could.  Again, don't know if it's been done, but for noobs like me, something like this is very helpful, especially with the new driver percentage sliders.  

The time I list is the "total time", and I did a 50/50 split on the time.  The values listed first are for the main color, which mostly coincide with tomfoyle's list, and I put that color on the left side of the slider lines.  The values listed below give it the shimmer, and I put them on the right side of the slider line.  The format is Red-Green-Blue-Time.

Arctic Blue   
0   100   100   
0   80   100   0.04s
Adegan Silver   
60   100   69   
45   100   54   0.04s
Bane’s Heart   
100   0   12   
100   0   2   0.06s
Blazing Red   
100   0   0   
75   0   0   0.04s
Consular Green   
0   100   0   
0   80   0   0.04s
Dark Violet Amethyst   
18   0   100   
5   0   100   0.04s
Emerald Green   
0   100   6   
0   100   0   0.08s
Fire Orange   
100   47   0   
100   32   0   0.04s
Guardian Blue   
0   0   100   
0   0   80   0.04s
Hot Pink   
100   0   75   
100   0   50   0.04s
Pyrestone Orange   
100   17   0   
100   7   0   0.04s
Sentinel Yellow   
100   100   0   
100   70   0   0.04s
Violet Amethyst   
48   0   100   
33   0   100   0.04s

I apologize if the formatting is sloppy.  I don't know how to insert tables into the forum just yet.  Hope that helps you get the look you're going for.

MTFBWY

LS-S

Hey, i am a noob because i'm brand new to sabers, can you please give me a step by step tutorial on how to do like a Empire Strikes Back blue for my Graflex CE.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 05:14:56 PM »

Alright, I've been getting/seeing a few questions on this issue, so here is a bit of an update and extension on this thread.

Here is a picture of what my emerald launcher screen looks like for GB (it's the only pic I have).  The screen looks the same for all of my colors, it's just the color of the bars that change.

To achieve the flicker this way:

1.  Notice the three vertical lines in your top color bar (the two-tone blue on in my picture)?  Slide one all the way to the left.  Slide the other two together.  If there is space between these two lines, you will have a slower transition between the colors and less of a flicker.
2.  Use the number values above, in my original post to set the two colors.
3.  In your total time box, plug in the numbers you want.  A good range is 0.04 s to 0.10 s.  Then again, you may like the flicker a little faster or slower.
4.  Move the two vertical lines from step 1 to where you want them to be.  In my example, I wanted the standard 100% blue to be the predominant color, and I liked the 0.06 s speed.  So, I slid the two vertical lines about 2/3 of the way to the right.  The computer will automatically adjust the rest of the timing.  The result was that I got 0.04 s on my main color and 0.02 s on my alternate color.  If you were to select 0.08 and put the lines in the middle, then you'd have 0.04 and 0.04 of each of your two colors.  Just remember to keep those two lines together to avoid a fade from one color to another, unless you want that, of course.
5.  Click write to board to save your changes to the board.
6.  Go back to the main launcher page, and hit disconnect.

If you don't like it, you can go back and adjust things.  It will take some time, but stick with it.  Also, when you find the color settings and speed settings you like, you can save them to files (there is a button that says save to file and another that says load from file).  Then, if you want to change, you just plug it in, load it, write it, and disconnect it.

Here is the US video that shows how to make the changes to the colors, for those of us that are visual learners:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJORRyxxR5Q" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJORRyxxR5Q</a>

Shield madien
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

" Luke I said No" Han will get mad

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 08:18:29 PM »

Alright, I've been getting/seeing a few questions on this issue, so here is a bit of an update and extension on this thread.

Here is a picture of what my emerald launcher screen looks like for GB (it's the only pic I have).  The screen looks the same for all of my colors, it's just the color of the bars that change.

To achieve the flicker this way:

1.  Notice the three vertical lines in your top color bar (the two-tone blue on in my picture)?  Slide one all the way to the left.  Slide the other two together.  If there is space between these two lines, you will have a slower transition between the colors and less of a flicker.
2.  Use the number values above, in my original post to set the two colors.
3.  In your total time box, plug in the numbers you want.  A good range is 0.04 s to 0.10 s.  Then again, you may like the flicker a little faster or slower.
4.  Move the two vertical lines from step 1 to where you want them to be.  In my example, I wanted the standard 100% blue to be the predominant color, and I liked the 0.06 s speed.  So, I slid the two vertical lines about 2/3 of the way to the right.  The computer will automatically adjust the rest of the timing.  The result was that I got 0.04 s on my main color and 0.02 s on my alternate color.  If you were to select 0.08 and put the lines in the middle, then you'd have 0.04 and 0.04 of each of your two colors.  Just remember to keep those two lines together to avoid a fade from one color to another, unless you want that, of course.
5.  Click write to board to save your changes to the board.
6.  Go back to the main launcher page, and hit disconnect.

If you don't like it, you can go back and adjust things.  It will take some time, but stick with it.  Also, when you find the color settings and speed settings you like, you can save them to files (there is a button that says save to file and another that says load from file).  Then, if you want to change, you just plug it in, load it, write it, and disconnect it.

Here is the US video that shows how to make the changes to the colors, for those of us that are visual learners:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJORRyxxR5Q

Your the "Man" Helped my Extremely....now that i do it, i realize how i was missing silly little things to make it work.  All is Kosher Thank you for posting this . Graditude

Own
Graflex CE  Emerald
Shock LE  Guardian Blue

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: