Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Soundfont Custimization - Help Needed  (Read 1838 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« on: December 06, 2015, 02:42:44 AM »

I'd like to mix and match some of the sounds that come with my driver.  For example, I like the power on sound with one and the power off sound with another.  I'd also like to add some of the swing and/or clash sounds.  Here are my questions:

1)  Is that possible?
2)  How do you do it?  When I go into the bank, I can only access the Obsidian defaults.  I can't find any of the others (Blackstar, Sith, etc.), even when another bank is selected.
3)  How can I change the number of banks?  I realize this would likely make a large bank, so I'd need to get rid of a few.
4)  Is there a video that explains this?  I've seen the launch tutorial, and I'm a little disappointed with the explanation and walkthrough of that part.
5)  If I mess up, can I restore the defaults?

Thanks for your help and time, because I know it will be a somewhat lengthy reply.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 06:20:06 PM »

Hi Landen,

I'll try to help you as good as I can Smiley

1) Absolutely yes!
2) Do you have a v3 or v4 sound board? The v3 has only one sound bank whereas the v4 has up to 8. To change the font on a v3 board, you'll have to download and unzip the sound fonts first (found on the Ultrasabers store for free) and then add/replace the font files with the appropiate ones, i.e. only replace the power on file with another power on or a clash/impact only with another clash/impact file. On a v4, you should be able to access all banks through the "Banks Selection" section and then select the different font parts (Boot Sound etc.).
3) I think that's only possible via the "Format Memory" function, but I'm not sure because I don't own a v4 sound board.
4) Maybe some of the v4 reviews cover that, if you're not happy with the US video.
5) You can only restore the original sensor settings, but not the sound fonts. These can only be restored via uploading them to the board again, but there's no sound font backup implemented in the board I think.

Hope that helps a bit. If not, please tell us so that someone else can chime in Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 07:09:50 PM »

Thanks, Racona.  Point. 

I have the v4.  I found the sound font on the US website, downloaded the Obsidian v4 package, and unzipped it.  I now have the files on my computer.  I just need to be brave enough to try it out, I think.  I just want to make a package with a lot of sounds I am happy with and a mute bank, as well, but I don't want to mess it up permanently.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 07:17:30 PM »

I don't think you could mess it up as long as you stick to the standard procedure and paying attention that you don't disconnect the board while uploading a font or modifying the bank number and size.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: