Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Mac Obsidian Launcher Tutorial: Use iTunes to convert audio files to soundfonts  (Read 3603 times)
Saberuser144
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 06, 2015, 11:39:46 AM »

OSX El Capitan 10.11.1 - iTunes 12.3.1.23 - Obsidian v4 soundboard - Ultra Sabers Launcher v1.03
So I decided that I wanted a certain opening theme tune to play when I activated my sabre and after spending an hour searching for tutorials and advice this is what I figured out on my own. (Not a tech wizard or jedi)

1. Find or download favourite audio file (I have tested this with .mp3 and .m4a files only) and drag it into iTunes.
2. Open iTunes, select iTunes on the mac toolbar, open preferences, in the 'General' tab find the button that says 'Import Settings'.
3. Select 'Wav Encoder', then select 'Custom', set 'Sample Rate' at 48.000kHz, set 'Sample Size' at 16bit, set 'Channels' to Mono, select ok to finish.
4. Go back to iTunes and find your audio file, right click, select 'create WAV Version' Smiley, a second file will appear, drag it to your desktop.
5. Connect Sabre to Mac (Plug it in)
6. Open UltraSabers Launcher, connect to sabre, select Obsidian soundboard, open Sounds Wizard.
7. Select preferred sound bank, select 'Power On Sound', find 'Open sound file' button, find your audio file and apply. (press the play button to test)
I hope this helpful and not to incoherent.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: