Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Amor for Sith Lords... Help?  (Read 6944 times)
Darth Ptera
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

You have no chance to survive make your time.

« on: January 11, 2011, 07:50:58 AM »

I'm new to Star Wars beyond the movies and I have some questions about light saber resistant armor and materials. I've been researching but some things I'm having trouble finding out so hopefully someone who knows more about the extended Universe can help me... I'm going to a convention in February and I'm dressing up in full garb with the awesome Dark Liberator I ordered (pictures of both to follow) and I like to flesh out my persona's before I take on the role. I've been curious of why more Sith don't wear armor; other than maybe they are confident enough they don't need them. Personally I don't know why one wouldn't use every benefit they could to dominate an opponent. Finally I decided the time would be during Darth Krayt's Empire and his One Sith. Yes I know Darth Bane would consider it heretical and as the Sith'ari I shouldn't disagree but I am!!! Now onto the materials...

Mandolorian Iron: I read that prior to the Yuuzhan Vong war Mandalore had mined all of the metal, but then the YV blased massive holes in the planet and exposed more ore. I know that only Mandalorians can craft the armor so just getting the ore wouldn't help, but it would mean more armor would be in circulation. What would be the likelihood of a Sith acquiring pieces of armor? Even if it's finding and killing a Mandalorian and taking his, which wouldn't be an easy feat since they are compared to Spartans on PCP...

Phrik: LS and electricity resistant, which is handy if another Sith gets pissy and tries to electrocute me. Haven't found a whole lot of into on it's availability or much more info about it.

Sith Alchemy: Apparently one can alter armor to become resistant though this dark art. However a friend of mine who knows more about SW said after the death of Sidious and Vader the republic went around and did a pretty good job of destroying anything Sith related. So it may no longer be known during the time I'm shooting for. I don't want to do something cheesy like say I went and tracked down a holocron of Exar Kun or Naga Shadow(if they even made one) and they were cool with teaching me about SA despite being part a heretical order.

Any information or thought on this would be greatly appreciated. I want to be authentic to the information laid down in the books and comics so far. Thanks!

Oh yes... Death to the Jedi!!!

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:33:01 AM »

Haha, this Jedi knows Sith weapons...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_lanvarok

You're welcome...

Darth Ptera
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:49:01 AM »

Wow, those are made of Cortosis? That is great! Not only something to blast Jedi's with, but that would make an excellent buckler to take a LS strike and shut it down to leave them mostly defenseless for the kill... Thank you, think I may have to whip one of those up as a prop to go with my blue Silly Strong for Force Lightning  Cheesy

Jammo
Knight Commander

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 03:51:49 AM »

Its sick, huh? Sith like to poison the projectiles, too.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 03:57:47 AM »

My friends and I do a lot of birthday parties for charities. And some of the cortosis armor I have for my costume come in handy, especially when dueling the younglings. Knee armor comes in handy...a lot.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Jammo
Knight Commander

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 04:06:00 AM »

I have really quick feet, so leg armor hasn't even crossed my mind...

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 04:56:16 AM »

Leg attacks are really popular with the kiddos. Hah, you dont really have to use it, I mean, your knees get used to the blades after a while. But it does have its pros.

Kid: "Got your knee! I win!!!"
Darth Awesome: "Nope! Got lightsaber armor *whack* I win!"

Note: In no way do I promote hitting children with lightsabers...just getting that out there  Tongue

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 08:00:45 AM »

Darth Awesome rofl Grin Gotta remember that one for when i am going to film anything.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Darth Ptera
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 08:45:55 AM »

Cortosis armor would be incredibly handy for a Sith Lord, but I think it's pretty cheesed up when dueling though. I like and pride myself in authentic to whatever I'm doing and don't want to do this => "You hit my Cortosis armor, now deactivate your LS and run for ten seconds dodging my attacks then you can turn it back on and fight"...

I could just ignore that quality of the metal but then I'm screwing with the canon.  Like I originally said, I'm trying to be authentic. If I just wanted to do things that are cool but not genuine to SW lore I might as well just say eff it and that I went out and slaughtered Mand'alore, took his armor, and then did a jig on his corpse.

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 09:18:24 AM »

you could also adjust your timeline to a point where Sith Alchemy is still an option

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Jammo
Knight Commander

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 09:24:04 AM »

Of course, only pure cortosis ore shorts out a saber. I'm about half tempted to throw a metallic strip on my left bracer for the ole Jedi costume just to see who gets it at the comic con...

Darth Ptera
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 10:07:08 AM »

Sjorsjo91: i could but I'm pretty set on the time I'm at. Personally I think the rule of two is stupid and will only create weaker sith as time advances. If you know your pupil is going to kill you someday why would you teach him everything you know? I prefer the idea of DK's One Sith.

Jammo: Didn't know you could have, um, weakly reinforced cortosis armor. Thanks though I searched different wording and found cortosis weave that is resistant but doesn't shut down Sabers, thanks! Just curious would Jedi even use a strip of cortosis? I thought that the weren't allowed to use hinges like that?   

Darth Ptera
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 10:11:08 AM »

Wow... I feel silly, I've looked over the sith alchemy page I don't even know how many times and I just realized that Darth Maladi knows sith alchemy so obviously it is still around during the time of the One Sith... I rock lol

Jammo
Knight Commander

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 08:23:02 PM »

Quinlan Vos used a cortosis gauntlet once or twice to shut down an opponent's saber, but if I may paraphrase his acquaintance Villie, Vos was a naughty Jedi...

Wolfen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 09:50:39 PM »

Yeah, in order to disrupt and shut down a lightsaber blade the item would have to be made of pure cortosis. Problem is that is expensive and rare. Cortosis alloy on the other hand is a little easier to come by. It is lightsaber resistant so will serve well as protection but wont short out the opponents saber due to the impurities in the alloy.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: