Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Author Topic: My first Ultra Saber: The Liberator  (Read 23942 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 07:13:54 PM »

@Nero. I've tried everything. o_o I'm hoping to score a thicker blade soon. I think thats what the problem is with the stunt sabers is that they need the thicker blades. Still going for a Heavy Grade because I love the core effect.

Good choice.  I like the heavy grade myself, it's pretty solid (no pun intended).  Like you said, the midgrade is a bit more flexible, resulting in a slightly more wobbly blade.  The heavy grade with its thicker walls is much more stiff, and should work well for you.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 07:41:03 PM »

Ohh ok. I read about that on the thin walled blades and I guess I just forgot about that part. Do thin walled blades work better with metal blade holders though such as the Bellicose saber?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 07:47:06 PM »

Actually, I put a mid-grade in my DL, and I noticed what you're talking about. I think it's just a Liberator thing.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 07:57:39 PM »

Well jeez then. I wish I could send it back for a Dark LE Prophecy then. Maybe something can be worked out.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 09:15:03 PM »

Also I guess I'm not the only one with the Liberator problem. Wonder what it could be though for all Liberator owners. Maybe they were out of place on the innards on something.

Master BStone
Resident Master
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 03:30:16 AM »

I use a couple layers of translucent packing tape around the base of my mid-grades in my liberator. works like a charm.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 06:39:40 AM »

I use a couple layers of translucent packing tape around the base of my mid-grades in my liberator. works like a charm.

I'll need to give that a try! Thanks Master BStone.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 08:15:25 PM »

Oh and I guess my Liberator blade is just fine. Deep just said that the blade sits up kinda high on that certain saber. Hope this clears for anyone else that owns a Liberator saber with a Mid Grade blade. Maybe they will re-make the Liberator with a deeper blade socket like the Dominix V2 saber.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 03:00:05 PM »

I'm actually just thinking about building up my US stunt saber collection. Doesn't hurt right? I've been a fan of the Dominix saber since day one and that was back in like 2006 or eariler, can't remember which. So Monday I'm going to be ordering a Dominix V2 LE in Blazing Red with a Mid Grade blade. Then for my bro a normal Dmonix V2 same color and blade, so we can be Sith brothers. Cheesy I just don't really care too much to have a sounded saber at the moment. Does the Dominix hold the Mid Grade blades better? I know they have a deeper blade socket than most US so I just thought I'd ask. Anyway, have a nice weekend. New Pics and a video will be up next week.

Saberstar
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

Peep poop peep!!!

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 06:08:36 PM »

I had another problem with my Arbiter, I had to use dremel on my new ultra edge blades because they were to thick. (small margins) as we say in norway. It has to fit perfectley not to tight and of course not to loose either , :DGood luck!!

Lightsabers:                                                                               
"Luke ANH" ultra Fx GB
"Arbiter"GB Customized
"Standard Issue" SRD
"Consular" AB/CG Customized
"Initiate" Limited Edition AB 
"Bellicose" AS blue FoC,

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2011, 12:52:20 AM »

Now I'm stuck. x.x I really want the Dominix V2 LE but I don't have enough. But I also like the original Dominix V2 plus it reminds me of the V1 Dominix. Which should I go for or which would you go for? .-. Both are awesome looking sabers. This will be my last saber purchase for a long while by the way so yeah.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 01:06:27 AM »

Then let me say this:

Save up.  Ultra JUST got back from a convention.  We haven't seen any updates for a little while and I have a good feeling that something is looming on the horizon.  If you are REALLY having that much trouble, what will it hurt to wait a month or two?  You can have save up for your Dominix LE OR you can (maybe) buy a BRAND NEW HILT!

Again, this is speculation, I have NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE, just a good feeling through the Force.  Besides, Ultra has never let us down before.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 01:12:39 AM »

Then let me say this:

Save up.  Ultra JUST got back from a convention.  We haven't seen any updates for a little while and I have a good feeling that something is looming on the horizon.  If you are REALLY having that much trouble, what will it hurt to wait a month or two?  You can have save up for your Dominix LE OR you can (maybe) buy a BRAND NEW HILT!

Again, this is speculation, I have NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE, just a good feeling through the Force.  Besides, Ultra has never let us down before.

I second this.  Be patient, see what Ultra has in store.  I have a feeling he has something very cool up his sleeve...

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2011, 01:21:39 AM »

Ok I have enough for a Dominix V2 LE. =] Just wanted to double check. I want my last (for awhile anyway) saber purchase to be a good one you know, like a grand leaving kinda thing. Its going to be in Blazing Red with a Mid Grade blade. I'm getting the saber on Monday and should be here by Friday or Saturday so pics and a video will come up right away. Is it ok if I add more pics plus a new video to this thread? I just don't want to take up alotta room in the gallery page ya know. Plus like I said I've been a Dominix fan since day one and seeing a metal version V2 and LE is awesome to me.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2011, 01:37:51 AM »

I was actually looking at the Aeon LE saber and thought that would look sexy as a Sith saber so I'm going for that, just to have something different. Still same options though, Blazing Red Mid Grade blade.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: