Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Help me choose a class and side.  (Read 4650 times)
LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 05, 2011, 05:53:51 AM »

Originally I had intended to be a Jedi tank. Unfortunately this has changed after seeing several videos of the game. It just doesn't look as cool as I thought it would be. So, I began looking at other classes. The only other Republic class that interested me was the Trooper. I absolutely hate their Star ship, I know it seems ridiculous, but that matters to me lol. So I began looking into the Empire.

Well, I have to say that the sith Juggernaut looks pretty cool. I know that it's essentially the same as the Jedi equivalent, but the look of the characters just feel more Sith than a Jedi feels Jedi...if that makes sense. It's very imposing looking(the armor types I've seen...ect...) Not to mention they have the second coolest ship(only beaten by the Agent)

Also the Bounty Hunter is EXTREMELY appealing to me as well, the more I look into it. I'm not sure which type of Bounty Hunter I would like to play...they both sound pretty awesome. Probably the Tank type.

Anyways those are the classes that interest me. So, please give me your opinions/recommendations.  Thanks.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 01:02:25 PM »

So from what I gather you're looking to do a combat ready character, something that dishes out damages and/or has a ton of health.  In other words, subtle ones like the Agent or Consular would be out of the question...

In this case, the Sith Warrior's Juggernaut build would probably be cool... I'm not really sure what you didn't like about the Jedi Guardian that you do like about the Juggernaut, but it's your taste.  They will basically play the same, with some subtle differences - it seems like the Sith version will be more brutal and be able to Force Choke, etc.  I'm not sure if anyone here has actually PLAYED it as a Beta tester, so we can only speculate based on what we've seen...

Shalateaus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -20

Outer Rim between Hoth and Dromund -Kaas

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 04:04:16 PM »

Grin i agree with nero but i have a question for both of you are you nuts? lol my point is whats better than two sabers? sentinel/marauder ?  Cool

Knickel Plated Redemption SS (Vengeance), Emperor's Hand Emerald Green with DVA Pulse,Overlord SS EG ,Dark Arbiter DVA,sentinel le,Dark Standard issue

LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 07:11:33 PM »

The main thing I didn't like about the Jedi is that they just seemed generic. The sith characters looked imposing and somewhat unique looking. This is all based off of gameplay vids, whether this holds true or not is another story. The Jedi just had robes with various pieces of generic armor under them. The consular were wearing wizard robes or something...just looked ridiculous to me. This is all personal preference..so if you liked the way they looked please don't take offence to this.

So, if I were to go with a Jedi/Sith type character, I think I would have to go with the Sith. Their armor looked better, their ship looked better, and this is a very personal thing, but I wouldn't feel that I need to make choices that a "jedi" would make...I could just do whatever I want and feel right doing it as a Sith. I know you can make any decision regardless, but unfortunately...I always feel that I need to play the role of the type of character in video games.

I'm still torn between the bounty hunter and Sith though.

Also I'm not a fan of dual lightsabers or saber staffs. I like a single handed saber. I also don't want to be a dps. I'd rather be a tank that could deal out some damage. Right now I'm leaning toward bounty hunter...just because of the amount of sith/jedi that will be in the game. I think I've decided to join the empire though. The main reason being I feel that on the Republic I'd feel like one in a million and the empire it seems like you could find some individuality.

Shalateaus
Knight Captain

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 07:51:32 PM »

gotcha man  Cheesy we got a guild made and its starting out darkside anyway

Knickel Plated Redemption SS (Vengeance), Emperor's Hand Emerald Green with DVA Pulse,Overlord SS EG ,Dark Arbiter DVA,sentinel le,Dark Standard issue

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 08:48:51 PM »

In all honesty when I'm thinking about what class I'd like to choose, I prefer to look at the Endgame.

I'm going to make a Guardian so I can Spec into a Sentinel (So I can RP), But I like how the sentinel was described.

But the Shadow that the Consular and Spec into sounds really bad ass.

Grin Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Shalateaus
Knight Captain

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 08:53:52 PM »

Cool  as did i my friend but i decided thier more of a long range force user no different than the inquisiter i say stick with the knight/warrior way my self marauder/sentinel is the way im going

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 08:56:22 PM »

Cool  as did i my friend but i decided thier more of a long range force user no different than the inquisiter i say stick with the knight/warrior way my self marauder/sentinel is the way im going

Sentinels Lead the Way! Cool Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 11:01:34 PM »

Pretty sure I have officially decided on the Bounty Hunter. Now to just figure out which type. I honestly like the idea of the flamethrower one(i forgot official names) but in the gameplay video it didn't seem to do a whole lot. The missile one seemed to do a lot more, but isn't as appealing to me. HMMM any thoughts?

Shalateaus
Knight Captain

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 12:11:09 AM »

this is an articule from our guild:             Starting Planet: Hutta
 NEW!!! Bounty Hunter Progression Video!!! Check out armor and abilities. Video
 Developers forum posts have confirmed there will NOT be a player bounty system in the game at launch. They did reiterate that there will be a lot of NPC bounties for Bounty Hunters to complete.AcidSniper's Thread
 BH "heirs to a professional legacy".Holonet
 BH is always packing heavy firepower but always has a variety of tricks and gadgets ready to go.
 BH fights in close quarters when necessary.
 Equipped with the most advanced weaponry on the black market.
 Technology is the main weapon for the Bounty Hunter, using all the latest black market gadgets to catch his mark.Holonet
 An awesome idle emote of jetpack and checking arm datapad. Pax wlkthr. 1:02-1:07
 The Bounty Hunter is a Fearsome Tracker and Master of The Great Hunt. Holonet
 Male Bounty Hunter will be played by voice actor Steven Blum. Wikipedia Entry
 "Bounty Hunters have three role-playing options - efficient, merciless, and sympathetic - and just like Mass Effect, the soppier options are delivered with in-character cynicism."-Eurogamer
 There is a Bounty Terminal confirmed. "-I also saw a bounty terminal, which when I clicked on it gave me some text about a bounty I could do, and I could either take the bounty or pass on it. I passed."Gameplay Hands on by Brandon Miletta
 The bounty board is for quests killing NPC's, at least in this build of the game. DarthHater Podcast 39
 Bounty Hunter Ship footage!!! Holonet
 The ship was shown inside and out throughout the crew skills overview video. Crew Skills Overview[/color]
 BH Ship combat footage from Space Combat Video. SpaceCombat Trailer :50-:54 & 1:01-1:06
 Bounty Hunter Class Video!IGN Release

Story
 "Bounty Hunter's work for the bad guys, but they’re not necessarily bad guys themselves." -Daniel Erickson BH Dev Blog
 This is the class for someone who wants to run into combat guns blazing, but have gadgets to fall back on in emergencies.
 The Starting Bounty Hunters Story Arc is called 'The Great Hunt' - Developer Walkthrough
 In regards to the Bounty Hunter story "If you want to talk tone, you have a western... ...the Bounty Hunter is the bad guy with a gun who is going to roll into town and try to show the entire galaxy that he is the best that has ever lived."DarthHater DanErickson Int.

Weapons
 Pistols (Single and Dual Wield) Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2 2[/url]
 Retractable Blade
 Darts
 Thermal Detonators
 Missiles/Rockets
 Flamethrower
 [/i]
 Armor
 Official Bounty Hunter Armor Progression Teaser VideoMedia Section
 Cutting-edge protective heavy armor.Holonet
 Some of the bounty hunter footage shows armor with blades attached to their boots. Only known to be Aesthetic right now. Gameplay Screenshot

Advanced Classes
 "Advanced Classes" have been confirmed as Powertech and Mercenary. The Bounty Hunter will be able to select either Powertech or Mercenary, as their advanced class, allowing the player to customize their abilities going down two distinct paths.
 Each advanced class will then have three "skill set" trees to select their abilities/specializations from.
 Two of the Advanced class skill set trees will be advanced class specific, while the third tree(Advanced Prototype) will be the same for all bounty hunters and will contain shared skills, which will advance the core skills of the Bounty Hunter in general.Game Systems - Advanced Classes
 Powertech
 Roles: Close - Mid Range Damage Dealing, Tanking
 Flamethrower
 Defense / Energy Shields
 Mercenary
 Roles: Mid - Long Range Damage Dealing, Healing
 Dual Wield Guns
 Missiles
 A talent tree called 'Bodyguard' for healing talents
 August 20th FF Update
 Developer Blog

Abilities
 General
 DarthHaterBHPost
 The bounty hunter utilizes a heat system. So rather than having to worry about energy or mana, the bounty hunter must maintain a low equipment temperature. Eurogamer
 Vent Heat - Bounty Hunter vents all heat built up from firing weapons, and reducing heat to 0 and allowing the Bounty Hunter to cause a second round of havoc without waiting for heat to disperse. Instant. 60 sec cooldown. cooldownSWToR-Station
 Rapid Shots - A default shot from the Bounty Hunter’s blaster. Builds no heat.
 Missile Blast (Wrist Rocket) - Fires a rocket at an enemy, doing a high amount of damage and knockdown to the first target, and a lesser amount to enemies within a 5m radius. The ability can hit up to 3 targets. 60 Heat. Instant. Cooldown: 15s Darthhater
 Rail Shot - An extremely damaging attack that can only be used against stunned/sleeping/or burning enemies. Builds significant heat. Videogamer GDC Article
 Electro-dart - Fire an electro dart out of your bracer at the target that causes them to be overloaded with electricity and stunned for 5 seconds. Builds heat.
 Death From Above - The Bounty Hunter flies to a safe distance and lobs missiles at the selected ground region. All targets in this area take damage. The first rocket knocks all targets to the ground.Combat Video DarthHater
 Cryo Blast - either single target or a Flamethrower-like AOE cone that freezes an enemy/group of enemies into ice; does not break on damage Developer Documentary #4(3:06)
 Rocket Punch - “Shoryuken”-esque melee attack. Builds Heat.
 Flamethrower - Medium range. Cone Fire DoT. Lesser enemies will panic. Builds Heat. Gaming Phanatic
 Power ShotSpecial blaster attack that does moderate damage. Builds Heat. 9s cooldown.SWToR-Station
 Energy Shield - A shield surrounds the Bounty Hunter absorbing a percentage of incoming blaster fire (energy damage). Lasts for 30 seconds.SWToR-Station
 DeterminationRemoves all movement impairing effects.SWToR-Station
 Chaff Flare - Fires several flares at the target area revealing any stealthers. Flares last for 10 seconds.SWToR-Station
 Oil Slick - The Bounty Hunter fires oil out of his left bracer in a cone in front of him. Targets affected are snared and have their elemental resistances lowered.SWToR-Station
 On The Trail - HP Regen/Heat Reduction. 60s Duration. 20min cooldown. Out of combat only.Gaming Phanatic
 Hunter's Brawn - Group-wide attack damage buff. Hour duration.Gaming Phanatic
 Hunter's Guard - Group-wide armor buff. Hour duration.Gaming Phanatic
 Thermal Sensor Override - Allows the use of a single ability even while overheated or while having too much heat to activate the ability. Disables natural heat exhaust rate for 3s. 2min cooldown.Gaming Phanatic
 Recharge and Reload - A gradual health and mana restorative akin to eating or drinking in World of Warcraft. accompanied with an animation of the bounty hunter tuning up his or her jetpack and flamethrower Channeled 15 sec. 1 Minute Cooldown.Gamespot Article

Powertech Abilities
 Flame Burst - Single target. Instant cast flame DoT at short-medium range. Builds Heat. Gaming Phanatic
 Grapple - single target grappling hook that pulls the enemy to your feet, knocking him down; there is a rocket blast in the video, but I can't confirm if it's part of the same ability Developer Documentary #4(1:48 & 3:27)
 Jet Charge - single target jetpack charge that knocks down your enemy, seemingly with a shoulder rush and/or uppercut Developer Documentary #4(2:15)
 Molten ScreenA shield surrounds the Bounty Hunter that returns a small electric charge as damage to all attackers. Effect can only occur once every 2 seconds. Lasts 30 seconds.SWToR-Station
 Sonic Missile - Ranged taunt. 6s duration. Additional function to be revealed later this week.Gaming Phanatic
 Interceptor Screen - Shield. -10% incoming damage. +100% increased threat.Gaming Phanatic
 Flame Sweep - PBAOE fire attack.Gaming Phanatic
 Explosive Fuel - Self-buff. +15% crit chance on Fire attacks. 15s duration. 2min cooldown.Gaming Phanatic
 Mercenary Abilities
 Kolto Shell - It can exist on a single target at any given time, and lasts for five minutes. The buff has ten charges, and each time the person affected by the buff takes damage they will be healed for 151, expending a charge. 10 charges lasts 5 minutes. Heal can only happen every 3 seconds. Passive, 30m range.Curse Article
 Interceptor Shield - The Bounty Hunter engages his shield generator to lower his threat on any targets that hit the shield. SWToR-Station

Skills
 Firebug Skill Tree (Shared)
 Devastation - Increases Missile/Fire Damage. Passive
 Endurance Increases Hp/Rank. Passive.
 Prototype Electric Surge - Increases stun duration on Electro dart. Reduces Electro dart cooldown by up to 5s. Passive.
 Kolto Vents - +5%HP healed over 10sec when using vent heat. Passive.
 Puncture - Rail Shot bypasses armor by 20%. Power Shot receives additional critical chance. Passive.
 Incendiary Accelerants - Incendiary Missile receives a % bonus chance to apply a Damage over Time effect. Stacks up to 5 times. Passive.
 Incendiary Missile - Missile that inflicts a Fire DoT effect. Ticks every 3 seconds over 12 seconds. Active.
 Prototype Heat Bypass - Scoring a critical strike with either Power Shot or Rail Shot reduced the heat cost of your next Fire or missile attack by 100%. Passive.
 Incendiary Missile - Fires a missile at an enemy doing 547-559 elemental damage and applying a burn that deals 106-107 damage every 3seconds for 15seconds.
 Prototype Particle Accelerator - Incendiary missile damage(dot) has a 30% chance to remove the cool down on rail shot and to remove it's heat cost. Effect can only happen every 10 seconds.
 Chain Reaction - Increases Aim (Accuracy) for 15seconds following a critical hit with a tech damage attack. Passive.
 Prototype Heat Dampers -Receiving critical hits grants a 50% chance to vent heat. 3second cooldown. Passive.
 Missile Volley - Reduces Heat from Missile Blast by 5. Adds 15% chance for second missile to deal half damage at no heat cost. Passive.
 Prototype Burn Enhancers - Increases critical for Damage over Time based attacks.
 Prototype Flamethrower - Reduces heat from flamethrower by 5%. Increases Flamethrower damage by up to 10%. Passive.
 Prototype Weapon Loader - Increases Critical damage by up to 10%. Several abilities gain Fire DoT. Passive.
 Kolto Inhibitor Dart - Deals damage and reduces target healing by 20% for 10seconds.
 Active.
 Sources: Gaming Phanatic, Official Advanced Classes Page

Shield Tech (Powertech)
 Carbonite Shield -
 Carbonize -
 Flame Shield -
 Improved Shield Generator -
 Kolto Overload -
 Prototype Electro Surge -
 Jet Charge - Jumps to a distant target, doing 148 damage and rooting the target for 3 seconds. Cannot be used against a target in cover. Passive, 15second cooldown, 10-30m range.
 Combust - Your flamethrower combusts the target, lowering damage done by 6% for 15seconds.

Advanced Prototype (Powertech)
 Burnout -
 Flame Barrage -
 Molten Flurry -
 Powered Gauntlets -
 Prototype Heat Dampers -
 Pyrotech -
 Retractable Blade -
 Sonic Disruptor -
 Meltdown - Your immolate and Retractable Blade have a 20% chance to make your next flamethrower channel twice as fast and tick twice as frequently. Passive.
 Immolate - A spray of fuel hits a burning target igniting into a fireball that does 882-886 damage to the target and 115 damage to the 3 additional nearby enemies. Target must be burning. Passive, 15second cooldown, 10m range.

Arsenal (Mercenary)
 Light Em Up Tracer missile has a 100% chance to add 2 heat signature stacks to a target instead of 1. Passive.
 Heatseeker Missiles - Fires several missiles that home in on the target and do 1131-1141 damage. This damage is increased by 3% per heat signature on the target. Passive, 15second cooldown, 30m range.

Bodyguard (Mercenary)
 Kolto Shell - It can exist on a single target at any given time, and lasts for five minutes. The buff has ten charges, and each time the person affected by the buff takes damage they will be healed for 151, expending a charge. 10 charges lasts 5 minutes. Heal can only happen every 3 seconds. Passive, 30m range.Curse Article
 Reactive Armor - Proactive medicine now provides 10% armor while active.

Outfitting
 Heavy Armor
 More Armor
 Pistols
 More Pistols

Playable Species
 Human: It's confirmed ALL classes will be playable by human.
 Rattataki: Bounty Hunter Vid E3 2010
 Zabrak: Current build available races doesn't reflect options at release. Source
 Note: All playable species are subject to change, actual confirmed for release has not been announced

Companions
 Blizz - A Jawa. Blizz is very skilled with a blaster.
 Mako - Part of your first "team", Mako is "a little genius" from Nar'Shadaa, she provides intel and tech. Voiced by Lacey Chabert Picture1 Picture2 As seen in 2009 PAX Demo
 Skadge - A large Houk. Seen wielding a fancy looking vibroblade and a single pistol in video. Crew Skills
 2V-RB - Appears to be some type of protocol droid (walking on two legs, no noticeable weapons). Appeared in Crew skills overview video Crew Skills

Gameplay Footage Links
 Bounty Hunter and IA questing together at E3 videoE3 footage
 Bounty Hunter introduction and starting zone gameplay at PAX 2009PAX Video
 Bounty Hunter Class Video

Bounty System

Additional
 All abilities are only up to level 8
 Thank you Hoviator for providing an awesome template.
 *Not *all* information is explicitly confirmed by DV, just shown in pictures/videos/etc.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 12:57:16 AM »

Yeah I'm looking to go Guardian right now.  It's still a choice between Sage and Guardian for me (wanna go for single saber Jedi) but I've leaned more and more toward the Guardian because I just can't live without plenty of saber combat... seems like the Sage is gonna be very Force power based, with very little fancy saberwork.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 01:03:29 AM »

Yea, when it comes to character selection Nero and I agree you should try to match your personality and real life preference.  Otherwise you're not going to get maximum enjoyment from the game.

I've watched all the videos of game play and soaked them up, and playing KOTOR and Jedi Academy Series games all tell you the same thing: in game lightsabers can't have the same power described in the movies.  If they did, the games would be impossibly boring.  It takes away form the tradition, but it makes the games more enjoyable.  It's a real trade and I've sat both sides of that fence.

Hope your decision on what to play as is guided by the Force!

Shalateaus
Knight Captain

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 01:05:40 AM »

Cool like i said before im picking sentinel for the jedi knight so im with ya guys there

LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 01:38:50 AM »

Well after watching several more videos and reading a lot of information I can safely say .............that I am completely undecided lol.

Now I'm questioning the Bounty Hunter. I'm glad I have time before this comes out.

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 03:27:55 AM »

I started out planning on sith warrior tank speced. however the uniqueness of the ranged bounty hunter tank drew me away from the ways of the sith.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: