Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Phantom v2 Compatibility with Obsidian  (Read 3983 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 01:54:31 AM »

I apologize for causing such an unpleasant disturbance.

Not a problem, it wasn't your intention.  You clearly have your heart set on the Phantom and I can't blame you... and as Artorius said the CSO is likely your best bet.  I hope Ultrasabers can get you what you want, they really do love to make their customers happy!  For the record my intention was not to insult your intelligence, but rather to point out that the problem is not in the flexibility of the company, but the actual saber itself.  It has limits just like anything, though Ultra is indeed very creative and could potentially find a way around them in time...

MTFBWY on your search.

kxd
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 01:58:34 AM »

Appreciate it.

Apologies on the miscommunication. I always have a hard time hearing things as people mean them when we're not having a discussion face to face. S'just an unfortunate side effect of digital communication.

But at least we're on this forum talking about lightsabers. I'd have to search far and wide where I live to find anyone willing to talk about this, so I really appreciate what you guys do.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 02:26:50 AM »

I apologize for causing such an unpleasant disturbance.

It happens, don't sweat it.

The CSO is your best bet, by the way......... Is there an echo in here?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 09:46:34 AM »

The CSO is your best bet, by the way......... Is there an echo in here?

Yea that'd be me!  I've been brainstorming all night and still can't think of something besides CSO.  Anyone?

kxd
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 01:45:47 PM »

Then it looks like I'm eagerly awaiting the custom store to open.

I feel like a Yoda quote would be appropriate here. . . but far too campy.

Grin

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 03:49:44 PM »

Yea that'd be me!  I've been brainstorming all night and still can't think of something besides CSO.  Anyone?

Short of talking to a local machinist about making a custom coupler, and see what he says(he should be able to do it, but it may cost a pretty penny), I can't think of anything else.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 04:52:59 PM »

Emory is not going to tell you what you need to do to make a sound-equipped Phantom; he literally does not have time to do that.  He already works over 12 hours a day and would never be able to leave the shop if he had to answer every "what if" or "why not" question that came into our inbox.

If you want to pick someone's brain, use the forum, that's why it's here.

As for installing sound into sabers not designed for it...

This may not be your reasoning, but more often than not, I find that the people who want to install sound into sabers not designed for sound only desire to do so because they assume it will be cheaper.  The only exception to that is the Prophecy - people genuinely want sound in that saber because the saber is awesome. 

Anyway, for those who want sound in Dominix's and such, they figure a $60 saber with sound will be cheaper than a $100 saber with sound.  That's not true at all.  It would be at least $250 to do a custom Obsidian install in a saber not designed for sound.  Just add up the cost of the parts and about 6 hours for install and custom fabrication.

By the time it's said and done, an Obsidian equipped Dominix V2 would run $314.99 - much more than any other Obsidian equipped saber.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: