Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Real Working Lightsaber?  (Read 7821 times)
Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 08:11:23 PM »

I'm not exactly sure that a lightsaber's "energy blade" is actually made of photons, or if photons are being released as a property of the blade itself.  But until Uncle George makes mention of plasma in the canon, I reject that hypothesis  Cheesy

LOL, listen to us.  We're geeking out something bad.  Ultra Sabers Clerks.

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -57

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 08:23:43 PM »

Lol tis true BTW your company rocks so hard it could bend adamantium!! Just had to throw that out there Grin maybe when they re-release the 6 movies in 3d and they come out for DVD and BRD they will have a fan fiction book with it that better explains how a saber works and what the blade is made of. Grin

Dark Prophecy- Blazing Red
Dark Liberator-Consular Green
Dark War Glaive W/Sound-Guardian Blue
PVC Prophecy-Guardian Blue (niece's)
Dark Standard Issue-Violet Amethyst

ShadowKatt
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 06:10:32 AM »

I had an idea for a lightsaber, though it wouldn't be the same as in the movies.

I doubt we'll ever be able to create a sword out of an energy field, but if we used a saber(as in a sword with a long, thin blade) and channeled a plasma current around it, it might achieve the same effect. The "blade" inside would generate the magnetic field that would contain the plasma gas, making a saber length blade of energy. The plasma would cut far faster and through most anything much easier than the metal core(Though maybe not as fast as in the movies) and with the solid core you have an explaination for just how two blades could strike and not pass through each other.

Just food for thought.

Marcos
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 08:09:11 AM »

well... a lightsaber made of light would simple pass through each other never ending as demonstrated, and a lightsaber made of something that uses an electromagnetic field might encounter catastrophic failure when striking something else that produces (or alters) an electromagnetic field of its own, such as another lightsaber. they might become permanently attracted to each other, or the fields might interrupt each other to the point that something resembling a solar flair could burst out from the instability. they might even react in a way that they might slide off each other which would still be dangerous because it would cause an uncontrollable slide between the 2. not to mention a magnetic filed will react differently when in proximity to different forms of matter, so you would have to consider what materials could be cut safely and which would deform the field.

I think this is one of those things like the laser weapons they use in star wars. its a continuous beam of light, or the isn't any light. cant be a broken line of light like lanes painted on roads.

Liberator ~ Arctic Blue

as I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for my soul is pure, and my saber fully charged.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: