Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Another SWTOR mission walk through. Sith side this time.  (Read 6412 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« on: September 05, 2011, 09:12:58 PM »

This time the developers take you through a mission with Imp forces.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeeMDUdxQzg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeeMDUdxQzg</a>

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 10:09:32 PM »

Looks interesting.  Seems like a lot of fighting just to get into the vault though.  I wonder if the amount of players playing at one time would make it easier to get past it?

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 04:35:01 AM »

Looks interesting.  Seems like a lot of fighting just to get into the vault though.  I wonder if the amount of players playing at one time would make it easier to get past it?

That's possible. I wonder if they adjust the amount of Mooks to the amount of players? Like, if there's only two players have only a few Mooks, and if there's, like, 6 players have more Mooks.

(Sig by me!)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 11:55:27 AM »

That's possible. I wonder if they adjust the amount of Mooks to the amount of players? Like, if there's only two players have only a few Mooks, and if there's, like, 6 players have more Mooks.

That could be right.  I'm not super experienced with MMOs so I'm wondering if that boss droid difficulty will be adjusted as well - if that huge group had trouble, how could a couple people doing the quest possibly hope to get past?

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 12:02:53 PM »

Well anyone on the forum will have the FORCE to help them.  I never tire of watching the game play.  Makes me happy!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 06:25:53 PM »

That could be right.  I'm not super experienced with MMOs so I'm wondering if that boss droid difficulty will be adjusted as well - if that huge group had trouble, how could a couple people doing the quest possibly hope to get past?

Exactly.

I don't mind when games are a little hard(as in you actually have to think a little to play them), in fact I prefer that. But I don't want my game to be impossibly hard. It shouldn't be hard to the point that I get so frustrated, that I want to use the disk as a Frisbee. This clip worries me a little.

(Sig by me!)

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -57

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 06:36:02 PM »

I cant guarantee that this has adjusting difficulty, just like Diablo2 the more help the harder the fight is the less help the easier it will be, the game would be broken otherwise. I haven't ever played a game by bioware that i thought was broken.

Dark Prophecy- Blazing Red
Dark Liberator-Consular Green
Dark War Glaive W/Sound-Guardian Blue
PVC Prophecy-Guardian Blue (niece's)
Dark Standard Issue-Violet Amethyst

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 12:42:42 AM »

I did notice one thing though that kind of answered one of my earlier questions.  One of the sith players actually got wiped out (and died I thought), but came back after a short length of time, so I guess your charactor never really dies.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 12:47:10 AM »

I did notice one thing though that kind of answered one of my earlier questions.  One of the sith players actually got wiped out (and died I thought), but came back after a short length of time, so I guess your charactor never really dies.

They did explain that the Sith Inquisitor used some Force Power to bring him back to life. At least I thought he said that.

(Sig by me!)

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 01:01:12 AM »

Yea, I remember now, didn't it actually help increase the health of the other players as well?  Seems like everyone came back fighting again after that.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 02:02:55 AM »

Yeah, that's what it looked like. Seems like a good power to have.

(Sig by me!)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 11:53:26 AM »

Yea, I remember now, didn't it actually help increase the health of the other players as well?  Seems like everyone came back fighting again after that.

Yeah that's interesting... I guess despite the Dark/Light differences, they gotta make the Inquisitor capable of at least the basic stuff that the  Consular is - damage dealing with the Force, healing, etc.  Otherwise they would have to find a replacement healer and I feel like they wanted to preserve the symmetry of the two sides.

I actually think it's kinda cool - same roles, different flavor.  The Sith Warrior is very much like the Jedi Knight, but clearly has a more brutal style.  The Inquisitor is reminiscent of the Consular, but uses Force Lightning and other dark powers to accomplish the same ends as the Consular's telekinesis and whatnot.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 07:14:57 AM »

Looking Forward To Crushing "The Infernal One" With My Juggernaut Lord Rythe  Cool

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 10:34:25 AM »

i cant wait to play as an inquisitor! Grin

temu
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 09:57:49 AM »

Certain missions like this one require X number of charactors.  Some of the required char. can be covered by companions..but they really are not up to the task.  I believe one of the devs said something to this affect in a interview- "said mission" is designed for 4 players to run, it will take teamwork to complete, it can be done with 3 players and a companion, but it will be very difficult, 2 players and 2 companions will find it almost impossible, 1 player with 3 companions won't be able to cut it. 

The idea is that the team missions require teamwork and tactics to complete, and adapting as a team to the situations that arise, something the AI in the companions just can't do.  Not sure if my post is useful or if everyone else has already read that Dev interview but figured i'd throw it out there.  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: