Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question about Chosen One  (Read 1590 times)
Xolad
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 29

« on: December 21, 2015, 08:11:24 PM »

I've been recently looking into getting a Chosen One saber. But I had a few questions to owners of this model saber before I get it. I know this saber doesn't have the quick disconnect option, I was wondering if there was any pit ocular reason on why this is? What is stopping this saber from having this option. And if I was to do my own install, does anyone think I could potentially make it have a quick disconnect option. And my second and last question is, I'm interested at taking the hard plastic grips off, I know they are hard pressed and are able to be taken off, Emory told me that there would be "gaping holes" under these grips, I was just wondering how big would these gaping holes be and what do they look like, if anyone knows.

If anyone can help me out answering these questions it'd be greatly appreciated!!!

Dark Prophecy v3 EG
Archon v2.1 CG

nathanielreykun
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 12:47:31 PM »

Well I don't have a Chosen One, but I did install a quick disconnect LED in my Sentinel LE. It was a bit of a pain to do it, but it still worked in the end.

Dark Apprentice V4 Stunt
Initiate V3/Mantis Combo Stunt
Aeon V2 Stunt
Reaper Obsidian Lite
Sentinel LE V4 Obsidian V4QR CouplerApprentice LE V4 Obsidian V4
Modified Mantis CE Custom Obsidian V4

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 01:33:01 PM »

I don't have one either, but I assume it's because the emitter isn't removable.  If you look at the sabers, you'll notice that the ones that the have quick disconnect option also have removable emitters.  It's probably not that easy to reach down into a hilt with a permanently attached emitter to disconnect the LED module.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 01:35:07 PM »

I've been recently looking into getting a Chosen One saber. But I had a few questions to owners of this model saber before I get it. I know this saber doesn't have the quick disconnect option, I was wondering if there was any pit ocular reason on why this is? What is stopping this saber from having this option. And if I was to do my own install, does anyone think I could potentially make it have a quick disconnect option. And my second and last question is, I'm interested at taking the hard plastic grips off, I know they are hard pressed and are able to be taken off, Emory told me that there would be "gaping holes" under these grips, I was just wondering how big would these gaping holes be and what do they look like, if anyone knows.

If anyone can help me out answering these questions it'd be greatly appreciated!!!

Hey Xolad,

I'm not able to find pics of a Chosen One without grips, but here's a Graflex with them removed:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32444.msg492995#msg492995

I believe that a QD is not offered on that hilt, due to it having a "fixed" or non-removable emitter.  It's not impossible though. Smiley

The Chosen Ones do remain to be out of stock, if I'm not mistaken though.  I seriously want one too. Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 06:00:40 PM »

Or could be due to the length of the hilt too maybe? I don't see why that wouldn't be a reason not to get one though. My natural choice of color when I get one will be Blazing Red Tongue Which I'm going to try in a few weeks ;o

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 02:15:24 PM »

Or could be due to the length of the hilt too maybe? I don't see why that wouldn't be a reason not to get one though. My natural choice of color when I get one will be Blazing Red Tongue Which I'm going to try in a few weeks ;o

I'd get one in green, just to throw people off.  Cheesy

If you have the money, you can spring for Emerald.  That's the best way to have a Chosen One or Graflex with a color change option.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 09:36:23 PM »

Nope. Just only RED for me on a Chosen One Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 09:43:26 PM »

I'm with Zren on that one.  Only canon colours on that and the Graflex. Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 10:36:04 PM »

I'm with Zren on that one.  Only canon colours on that and the Graflex. Tongue
Well as I already have a vaders force FX, I wouldn't mind a chosen one in tri GB...would look fantástico...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 10:39:17 PM »

Well as I already have a vaders force FX, I wouldn't mind a chosen one in tri GB...would look fantástico...
If fantástico means terrible in Spanish, then yes - yes it would. Tongue

Just kidding Lord J.  Not for me is all. Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 01:15:55 AM »

Yup. Red or no go. Lol. But its whatever YOU'D want to do to YOUR saber though. I would like to see a Jedi take on the Chosen One though. Can always polish the black off the shroud and take the greebly thingy off on the box I guess?

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 02:01:53 AM »

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing US's version of Ahsoka's saber.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: