Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Author Topic: THE Battery Setup for Stunt stabers!  (Read 38970 times)
Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2016, 07:59:02 PM »

Kouri... you have so much shmexy knowledge... gosh I'm fan-girling... look away Corwyn and don't tell Rac, Rev or Rapine.  Embarrassed

No worries girl, too busy fan-girling myself here! Cheesy  I wont tell if you wont! lmao

Thanks CVB for your info as well... because in the case of lightsabers... size really does matter.  Wink

points given to you and Rev  Cheesy

Ok, so I'm going to go with "You're welcome" and leave it at that, ok? Cheesy

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2016, 11:07:55 PM »

And if you're not dead set on using banks that contain li ion CELLS, do what I do, and grab the ones that use lithium polymer sacks- then you're looking at mAh ratings up to 10,000mAh easily in the same amount of space.  With that much current, you can run everything parallel to make up for lack of voltage- and if you did reds in series like kouri suggested, shoot- that saber would last for ever.  The banks that use the cells boost the voltage a bit like kouri mentioned- and that comes at a slight cost to their current. 

Hey kouri you remember a LONG time ago we talked about using 26650's?  I'm gonna pull the tigger on one and see if I can't make a found parts saber to house it.  I just at least once wanna use a battery that has a wider OD than most sabers lol.

How wide was that EPIC pvc cross guard you did?  It couldn't fit one could it?! 

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2016, 01:10:45 AM »

26650 should be 26mm wide, or a hair over an inch. Should fit fine inside of most hilts, actually - you just can't stack a board on top of it. I think KeepPower is a reputable brand.

PVC crossguard probably could have if it wasn't for the transistors and battery holder. Was built with a 1" ID pipe.

AMK
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2017, 09:46:12 AM »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019K6F8DI/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1485680123&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=aukey+portable+charger&dpPl=1&dpID=41ZWqIz5uRL&ref=plSrch
This seems to be too wide for a Dominix V4. Would a 3350 mAh battery work?

dark side points please

AMK
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2017, 02:16:32 PM »

I meant Dominix V2

dark side points please

samsquamch
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2017, 05:48:01 PM »

Not sure if I should start another thread on this, but since it involves this upgrade, I will put it here. In addition to changing to this battery option, I would also like to put in a brighter LED. Can you buy the tri-cree seperate? Will it work with the 500mah power bank? would I need to do a resistor change?

TIA

Reaper w/ Obsidian Lite in VA

Stunt:
Dominix V2 in BR
Liberator in AB

Chimera
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2017, 12:54:14 AM »

Tried to do this on one of my PHantasm v3's.

The Auskey bank is too long, with buckpuck+bank+wires inside, the battery can't go in far enough to screw pommels on.

In addition, the power bank shuts itself off in a way that when you press the switch on your Ultrasaber to turn it on, the battery bank doesn't turn on, so you wind up with everything connected but nothing turns on.

500 bucks down the drain...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: