Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Accidental Deletion of all Sound Fonts  (Read 6167 times)
watson.sarah
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 28, 2015, 04:11:19 AM »

I recieved my Menace SE as a gift for christmas and I, being the over excited person I am, deleted all the sound fonts on my Obsidian v4 soundboard. Im in a panic. Ive raced through some of the forums, and tried to email Ultrasabers on how to reinstall what they already had on the soundboard. I tried to install the default sounds, but the files don't show up. I just really need a step by step on how to download their sound fonts and then put them back onto my lightsaber. Please, I know their is something out there, im just not that tech savvy and im really clueless to what im doing and i dont want to mess anything up. Any help is greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 04:14:39 AM by watson.sarah » Logged

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 07:02:03 PM »

Don't worry, normally it's quite easy to upload them to the board again Wink Here's what you have to do:

1 ) Download the latest launcher (in your case the launcher for the Obsidian v4) and install it with Administrator rights (IMPORTANT).
2 ) Download the Default v4 Sound Font set from here: http://www.ultrasabers-uploads.com/fonts/Defaultv4.zip
3 ) Unzip to a folder of your choice, but try to keep in mind which one you chose Tongue
4 ) Turn your saber on.
5 ) Plug it into your PC (USB 2.0 port!).
6 ) Wait until the driver is installed (only when you connect it the very first time).
7 ) Run the launcher with Administrator rights (right-click -> Run as Administrator) (IMPORTANT).
8 ) Switch to the Obsidian sound board tab in the launcher.
9) Open the Sound Wizard.
10 ) Choose a bank.
11 ) Look for the folder you saved the unzipped sound fonts to.
12 ) Insert the appropiate files in the different sections, i.e. tag/boot sounds in the Tag/Boot Sounds section, lockup sounds in the Lockup Sounds section etc.
12 ) Click on "Write Sounds" on the left.
13 ) Save the different fonts on your HDD as a backup so that you don't have to do the whole procedure again. If you ever need to upload them again, you just load the different compilations to the banks, not every single file.
14 ) Click "Write Sounds" at the bottom.
15 ) Wait for the files to be written to the board.
16 ) Close the Sound Wizard.
17 ) Go back to the Main tab in the launcher and click "Disconnect".
18 ) Unplug your saber.

I hope that it's not too detailed, but that would be the right order. Be extra careful with steps 4 ), 5 ) and 6 ) - follow exactly the order, otherwise you may have many connection issues! The same goes for 17 ) and 18 ) - don't unplug before you disconnected the saber!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

jort93
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 11:53:05 PM »

How important is that? does it have to be a usb 2.0 port? i dont even have a pc with a 2.0 port anymore. all ports are 3.0

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 08:51:56 PM »

USB 3.0 has some issues with recognizing especially the Obsidian sound board, that's why it's recommended using a USB 2.0 port or - if you don't have any of these - a USB 2.0 hub. This converts a USB 3.0 port to a USB 2.0 port and should solve that connection issue. The Emerald Driver seems to care less about USB 3.0 and 2.0, though.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

jort93
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 04:36:31 PM »

ok. I'll keep that in mind

watson.sarah
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 10:53:34 PM »

Don't worry, normally it's quite easy to upload them to the board again Wink Here's what you have to do:

1 ) Download the latest launcher (in your case the launcher for the Obsidian v4) and install it with Administrator rights (IMPORTANT).
2 ) Download the Default v4 Sound Font set from here: http://www.ultrasabers-uploads.com/fonts/Defaultv4.zip
3 ) Unzip to a folder of your choice, but try to keep in mind which one you chose Tongue
4 ) Turn your saber on.
6 ) Wait until the driver is installed (only when you connect it the very first time).
7 ) Run the launcher with Administrator rights (right-click -> Run as Administrator) (IMPORTANT).
10 ) Choose a bank.
12 ) Insert the appropiate files in the different sections, i.e. tag/boot sounds in the Tag/Boot Sounds section, lockup sounds in the Lockup Sounds section etc.
13 ) Save the different fonts on your HDD as a backup so that you don't have to do the whole procedure again. If you ever need to upload them again, you just load the different compilations to the banks, not every single file.
18 ) Unplug your saber.

I hope that it's not too detailed, but that would be the right order. Be extra careful with steps 4 ), 5 ) and 6 ) - follow exactly the order, otherwise you may have many connection issues! The same goes for 17 ) and 18 ) - don't unplug before you disconnected the saber!

Thank you so much! I was in such a panic when I was looking at these forums and this helped me out wonders! Quick question for you though, its seems that the sound tag when you select through the font menu on the saber has been corrupted because it doesn't clearly say Episode 1 or Episode 2. Any thoughts?

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 06:16:07 PM »

Does it play correctly when you use the preview function in the launcher? If they play correctly, then it might be a faulty upload of the fonts. However, I don't own a v4 myself, so I can't really tell you how the original tag sounds sound like...

EDIT: Just checked the fonts with my launcher - seems like the tag sounds really don't say Ep I etc., the Sith tag is actually the same as in the Obsidian font...maybe US made a little mistake while compiling the zip file Cheesy So for now, I'd say it's not the board or a faulty upload. Nothing to worry about, but maybe we should ask US if they are able to do a new compilation so that the tag sounds are more unique and clearly recognizable!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 06:33:32 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero

sarge133
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 05:26:37 AM »

I have a similar issue, when choosing between fonts on the saber, it used to say "epsiode 1" or episode "6". I experimented with other fonts for awhile, but when I readded the Episode fonts, it no longer says "Episode _" its just a jumbled mess.

My Lightsabers:

Chosen One CE Tri-BR w/ Obsidian v4
Initiate LE v4 GB
Dominix LE v4 Tri-BR
Graflex SE v4 Tri-GB w/ Obsidian v4
Initiate v4 GB
Dark Apprentice LV v4 in GB w/ Black AV
Liberator v3 GB w/ Obsidian v4 (3rd Place Summer Raffle 2018 winner)
Specter Emerald w/ Obsidian v4

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 03:53:24 PM »

Okay, then we really have to contact them. Seems like there is an error in the compilation.

Sig by Master Nero

Systemlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 06:43:30 PM »

4 ) Turn your saber on.
10 ) Choose a bank.
18 ) Unplug your saber.

This should be a posted in permanent sticky thread or even printed on a packing slip shipped with the saber, invaluable information!

Thank you Racona Nova.

*Emerald Graflex SE w/Obsidian V4*

Cosmo Ren
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -6

"I'll show you the Dark Side"

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 06:39:10 PM »

This should be a posted in permanent sticky thread or even printed on a packing slip shipped with the saber, invaluable information!

Thank you Racona Nova.

I totally agree. This post really helped a newbie like me!  Cool

Graflex SE: Blazing Red

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 07:29:56 PM »

I'll see what I can do Wink Or rather what the Mods can do Cheesy

Edit: Here's the new thread I created with that manual - http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=28888
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 08:19:46 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero

Mo24678
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2016, 06:13:05 PM »

Okay, then we really have to contact them. Seems like there is an error in the compilation.

Any luck with this please? I have a lot of sound fonts I want to upload but I don't want to overwrite Ep 1,2 and 6 because I have the same problem as the above users with the tag sound

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2016, 06:37:28 PM »

I haven't contacted them and I don't know if waatson.sarah has, so no new information up to now Sad I don't use the tag sounds, that's why I haven't contacted them myself...

Sig by Master Nero

Mo24678
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2016, 10:09:11 PM »

I have a similar issue, when choosing between fonts on the saber, it used to say "epsiode 1" or episode "6". I experimented with other fonts for awhile, but when I readded the Episode fonts, it no longer says "Episode _" its just a jumbled mess.

hey have you found a solution for this please?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: