Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lite vs Premium  (Read 2454 times)
Hazzaws
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 28, 2015, 03:23:25 PM »

Hi everyone. I'm looking to buy my first proper saber, and I'm just wondering what the difference in sound quality is between the Obsidian LITE and "premium" Obsidian sound cards. I wasn't able to find a video comparison, which is why I'm posting here. Sorry if this gets asked alot, but I couldn't see a post about it. Some help would be awesome, and I'm super pumped to buy a custom saber here Smiley

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 05:18:50 PM »

Hi and welcome to the community.  Yes there are many posts about this and I suggest you look in Announcements for the biggest thread called " Obsidian LITE Soundboard ".  There isn't much noticeable difference at all between the two, and especially for someone who has not owned an US with Obsidian sound before.  Both the LITE and v3 versions use the standard Default Obsidian sound.

Prior to further posts you need to go to the main page to read and review the Forum Rules.  Top of page in bold large red print.  Thanks.   Smiley

Cpotatoes21
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 08:40:04 PM »

The Premium Sound does have a higher quality to it. Plus, being able to have more saberfonts on one saber and being able to adjust the sensitivity is AMAZING. From my understanding there is only 3 swing sounds and 3 clash sounds other than the start up, shut off, and locking on the LITE version. On the premium soundboard you can have up to 8 different clashes and movement sounds I believe. It just takes up more storage space. From my personal opinion and experiences, I'd go with premium sound.

Manticore CE, Fire Orange w/ obsidian v4
Aprentice v4, guardian blue, stunt saber.
Initiate LE v4, consular green FOC, obsidian LITE
Kylo Ren Black Series Saber

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 03:59:19 PM »

Actually I have to disagree, the quality of the sound between my Obsidian Lite and Obsidian v4 is undetectable.  What is vastly different is the variety available in the premium cards.  You can modify/add/delete fonts, change sensitivity settings, etc.  Also the base sound font on the Lite is slightly different than the default Obsidian font on my v4 card.  But sound quality?  No real difference.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: