Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sabers And Other Blades?  (Read 2709 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: December 30, 2015, 06:25:50 AM »

So are we allowed to use other's blades if we want in our US's hilts just not mention their names? Although some of you know what I'm talking about though from awhile back but I wont go into too much detail. Just wondering about this. Not hating on Ultra blades or anything, I just like to try out different blades from others but I use a specific blade exclusively so. Who else uses other's blades sometimes?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 05:43:34 PM »

Don't be afraid to share =] Just as long as you don't mention the company I guess it should be okay

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 05:59:01 PM »

Hi Zren.  I have blades from two companies.  I don't use the other's as much as they have the pointed tips and are heavy grade in weight.  I like their 27 " blade length.  I am interested in getting a red or purple day blade and also have been looking at that green coated blade that makes the LED ( specific colors ) glow even brighter.  Can't think of what it is called but it is a bit expensive.   Smiley

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 07:49:53 PM »

...have been looking at that green coated blade that makes the LED ( specific colors ) glow even brighter.  Can't think of what it is called but it is a bit expensive.   Smiley

Photon Green blade. Reacts to 450mm light (the cyan-ish end of the blue LED spectrum). Should look great with a Tri-Guardian-Blue LED.

I'm assembling one now, waiting on the matching tip to arrive in the mail next week. Hoping to show it off on my modified Standard Issue shortly.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 09:59:27 PM »

Photon Green blade. Reacts to 450mm light (the cyan-ish end of the blue LED spectrum). Should look great with a Tri-Guardian-Blue LED.

I'm assembling one now, waiting on the matching tip to arrive in the mail next week. Hoping to show it off on my modified Standard Issue shortly.

This intrigues me.  Do they still use a blade film?  Normal construction, apart from the color/reactivity?

Edit:

Suddenly, these two pictures make a lot of sense.

Particularly the straight blue one.  That, off to the side, is a clear green acrylic blade in an old, simple machined metal Qui-Gon hilt that I got back when TPM was newly out.

Very interesting.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 10:10:41 PM by shade_1313 » Logged

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 11:22:38 PM »

This intrigues me.  Do they still use a blade film?  Normal construction, apart from the color/reactivity?

Yup. Original prototype was done with phosphorescent green acrylic rod/tubing. A couple months back, one of the saber parts suppliers ordered a production run of mid-grade polycarbonate tubing with the same phosphorescent green dye. Initital testing was done with Royal Blue LEDs, but Blue and Cyan LEDs have also proven effective, with Cree Blue being the best recommendation at this time.

Tubing looks neon yellow-green under dim light. Blue LEDs make for an Emerald Green glow. Sunlight has less of a washout effect on this blade than on other types, as the blue spectrum of sunlight is absorbed and converted into more of that Emerald Green.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 12:04:13 AM »

Oh, I definitely feel the need to get some of these.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 06:39:34 PM »

Got my three 40" tubes and five tips in (one will stay at 40, two will be cut to 36", with the 4" sections used for Flamberge side blades, for a total of five blades).  Now I just have to cut, do the blade film, and glue tips on and I can try these out.  If these work as well as they seem to for specific green effects, then hopefully they'll make some in heavy grade later.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 11:22:14 PM »

I'll be getting a red day blade for my saber to use in pictures at a convention before the sun sets and the real fun begins.

Kencyrath
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -94

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 06:23:30 PM »

I'd love to see some pics, especially if you've got your project done shade_1313. 😀

Got my three 40" tubes and five tips in (one will stay at 40, two will be cut to 36", with the 4" sections used for Flamberge side blades, for a total of five blades).  Now I just have to cut, do the blade film, and glue tips on and I can try these out.  If these work as well as they seem to for specific green effects, then hopefully they'll make some in heavy grade later.

Ultrasabers Owned so far:
Graflex SE with Obsidian v4 - Emerald
Overlord with Obsidian v4 - RGB w/AS foc
Dominix v4 LE w/ windows Stunt - BR
Prophecy v3 with Obsidian v4 - DVA w/BH foc
Sentinel staff v4 LE Stunt - GB
Dominix v4 w/ windows Stunt - BR
Sentinel v4 LE w/ windows Stunt - CG

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 06:27:06 PM »

You know I never even noticed that Qui-gon back there in your pics Tongue He always likes to make a late appearance. I didn't know the hasbro sabers back then were like that, we always got the extendable bladed ones Tongue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: