Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: GCW Direction 2016- players please read and respond  (Read 2867 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3211

You can't take the sky from me....

« on: December 30, 2015, 11:29:10 AM »

Hello everyone! With the new year comes our mission FINALLY starting in earnest... However we do have some dilemmas, and since this RPG belongs to everyone here we have decided to take it the issues to our players for discussion before we go ahead any further.

As you all know, we want to constantly bring new players into the game, however with an isolated ship this can be difficult to attempt, unless we just have 'randoms' that were on the ship suddenly become involved, which doesn't sit as well with us. Our last solution was to bring people in via transport, and as you might have picked up, this is what we want to do with our next batch. The current issue is that we have potentially three players lined up to enter game- however two are just hitting T and P now (though soon as we are confident they are good they will be in, and since one is a veteran player it is quite likely we won't need much convincing Wink ) and the third we haven't heard from in a while so are unsure of their status. Obviously we will only wait so long but at this time of year when we are busy as well as you guys it makes it all the more difficult to get things progressing quickly- add to the fact that Krace and myself have just finished setting up one new RPG which takes a lot of work because we want to get all the details right, so with that it means we currently run 4 on here and a 5th elsewhere, and with my ankle and surgery I haven't been able to keep up and Krace has had a lot to do. We are only human after all Tongue

The issue we are running into is we are literally posts away from jumping until right before the mission- and we want you guys to help us decide what to do next. Do we jump to the mission and get right into it, as I'm sure the rest of you like me are itching to start? This won't give us time to bring in our newcomers so basically we say sorry new guys, you have to wait until the next opportunity to bring you in (which will be planetside and may be a while away). Or do we find some way to delay a little further to get our new players in? Either way the stage is set- a transport will be arriving after the time jump, bringing new soldiers. The only question is if they are NPCs only, or some NPCs plus PCs.

One idea we have been toying with, since we have been doing a lot of more soldier orientated stuff since the new GCW was launched, was to have a pilot orientated training scenario while they are doing a quick test on the Wagtail's Shadow after all her repairs- and the Wagtail would be involved in the training mission. Our pilots have been poorly lacking in piloty stuff to do so we thought this would be a nice little thing until we bring in a much larger space battle later (*winks*). This obviously will delay the starting of the mission itself which is bad, but gives more time to bring the newcomers in which is good.

If we do go with this space fighter training scenario we have a couple of options:
a) We are low on player pilots. This means we are gonna need quite a few NPCs to flesh out our squadron. Krace knows more exacts about it, I'm currently having trouble remembering exact fighter make up, but I believe it was four x-wings, four y-wings and now an a-wing. We obviously have one x-wing pilot, Shalth who is also squadron commander, Styg is our wishbone pilot, and Areta is our a-wing pilot, though for this exercise he may be shoved into an x-wing. We let our player pilots each take an NPC as well as their own character and go for it, and the GMs take any remaining. Obviously us GMs would set up very basic profiles for these NPCs (basic character descriptions that the players will work off). The soldier players would be assigned to battle stations on the Wagtail's Shadow- she has dorsal and ventral turrets, plus a co- pilots seat, plus I'm sure we can think up other positions for them.
b) as above, but us GMs do all NPCing of the NPC pilots.
c) we give our soldier players a little bit of something different to play. Each soldier player gets an NPC pilot assigned to them (as above, we make up a few basic character descriptions for you to work off) and you get to play pilot for a while during the scenario.
d) as with C, but it is the choice of the player whether to play an NPC pilot, or their own character- or both. If you want to play your own character it would be assigned to a battle station on the Wagtail, as with choice a.

We would like your opinions on exactly where to go next, if you have a preference from what I've just discussed please let us know here. Or if you have any other suggestions or discussions regarding this please feel free to do so. While we GMs obviously have to take a role in directing everything that happens in game we want it to belong to everyone, and not basically be dragging you all for the ride Smiley We value the opinions of all our players so please let us know what you would like to do!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 11:45:56 AM »

I like the idea of waiting and doing the pilot training exercise to allow our new players to come into the game. The more players in the main game the merrier has always been my position.

As for the options presented I like D, while I donít really have any interest in NPCing a pilot, (for some reason fighter battles have no appeal for me, now if we were commanding Star Destroyers. . . ) Iím sure some of the other soldiers might want a little more action then simply manning a gun turret.

It has been a fun year back in the RP and I look forward to our new players joining us soon.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 01:12:41 PM »

now if we were commanding Star Destroyers. . .

I might keep that in mind in case we should happen upon any larger Imperial vessels in the future  Wink

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1718

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 03:09:21 PM »

As one of the incoming players, I have no problem spending more time in the T&P section.  Smiley

Admittedly, I'm in unfamiliar territory by playing a character that is against type (not a Jedi, not a good guy) in the Venomstrike RP, so I am okay with waiting for a more appropriate time to introduce my GCW character.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 03:57:54 PM »

Hey all, just wanted to supplement some of the info about the fighters and such that Blondie was talking about.

This post here talks about the ship so far:  Official Unit Listings

We have some inactive characters who we can use as NPCs as well as NPC blanks that we don't have made up yet.

Anyway, looking forward to having more people be active on the ship.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 231

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 07:11:21 PM »

I need to fly my wishbone about and blast stuffs wingmate!

(for some reason fighter battles have no appeal for me, now if we were commanding Star Destroyers. . . )

Gotta say, commanding the Immolator in the previous GCW game was super fun.

Rough Knight
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 06:01:20 PM »

I am happy for whatever suits the new players coming onboard best in regard to further training before the mission. Some of the players with soldier characters NPCing the extra fighters if they want to could be an option.

(for some reason fighter battles have no appeal for me, now if we were commanding Star Destroyers. . . )

A small fleet action would be very appealing to me eg. the Qanotha helping cover a rebel retreat from an outpost. It would be nice to temporarily captain a Correlian gunship, a GR-75 transport or even an Imperial Carrack. Participating as Areta in his A-Wing would also be awesome.

Cheers

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 09:46:02 PM »

I'm with whatever the majority is.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 09:53:46 PM »

the overall impression I'm getting is players would like to see new players in the game sooner rather than later? If yes, then we will make arrangements for the space sim.

soldier players: please post your preference for how you would like to play- soldier only aboard the YT, NPC pilot only, or both NPC pilot and soldier.

Sev, I have you noted as soldier only aboard the YT Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 10:00:39 PM »

the overall impression I'm getting is players would like to see new players in the game sooner rather than later? If yes, then we will make arrangements for the space sim.

soldier players: please post your preference for how you would like to play- soldier only aboard the YT, NPC pilot only, or both NPC pilot and soldier.

Sev, I have you noted as soldier only aboard the YT Smiley

Please note there are 3 spots aboard the YT with 1 as co-pilot and 2 as gunners in the dorsal(top) and ventral(bottom) turrets.

Then there are 4 NPC spots open for the starfighters.  One is open in an X-wing which is a yet unnamed NPC, and 3 are in Y-wings, one which is another unnamed NPC and the other two are old, inactive characters.  
This is shown here:  Official Unit Listings
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 12:51:46 PM by Krace » Logged

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 458

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 09:52:07 AM »

I'm with the Sarg as soldier only on the YT, and I am all for getting more people in here for the mission.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 12:45:24 PM »

NPC pilot

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: