Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Touble installing sound fonts on V4 soundboard  (Read 5688 times)
dsmith1171
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 31, 2015, 03:34:16 AM »

Hi Guys,

I installed the obsidian V4 launcher and was able to connect to my saber and change the sensitivity settings with no problems, but I cannot seem to change any of the fonts.  I found the free fonts on the forum and would like to try to install the starkiller and sabertooth fonts.  I just have a couple of questions:

1. If I want to install these fonts, do I have to sacrifice an existing font by overwriting it?
2. Right now I have the files downloaded to my computer's hard drive and saved as zipfiles on the desktop (windows).  When I am in the launcher, I keep trying to load the fonts from the hard drive, but I cannot even seem to find them to open.
3. Is there somewhere else where there are other sound fonts? I guess that I just don't know where to look. I was under the impression that I would be able to find lots of different fonts.

Thanks, David

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -43

In time you will call me master

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 03:19:47 PM »

Hi Guys,

I installed the obsidian V4 launcher and was able to connect to my saber and change the sensitivity settings with no problems, but I cannot seem to change any of the fonts.  I found the free fonts on the forum and would like to try to install the starkiller and sabertooth fonts.  I just have a couple of questions:

1. If I want to install these fonts, do I have to sacrifice an existing font by overwriting it?
2. Right now I have the files downloaded to my computer's hard drive and saved as zipfiles on the desktop (windows).  When I am in the launcher, I keep trying to load the fonts from the hard drive, but I cannot even seem to find them to open.
3. Is there somewhere else where there are other sound fonts? I guess that I just don't know where to look. I was under the impression that I would be able to find lots of different fonts.

Thanks, David

1. Yes you have to overwrite an existing font. You also have to make sure the new font you want to put on will fit in that soundbanks allotted memory. 8 Soundbanks come standard on the V4, 7 actual soundfonts and one extremely small silent font which has basically nothing in it. If you want to put larger more detailed soundfonts on the V4 then you will have to reduce the number of soundbanks. This will yield more actual memory per soundbank.

2. I keep mine in my downloads file. If you keep them on your desktop and you're a soundfont junkie like I am, very quickly your desktop will be covered in soundfont folders lol As for why you cant find them, have you extracted the files? That would be the only reason I could think of that the launcher program cant see them.

3. There are tons of places to get new soundfonts. There are forum member created fonts here:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11414.0

Ultrasabers themselves have a bunch of them for free here:(scroll down for the download links)
https://www.ultrasabers.com/Sound-Font-p/soundfont-manual.htm

You can also get them from here:
http://saberfont.com/saberFonts.shtml
These ones are not free and most of them were made for other soundboards, however soundfonts are soundfonts and they're all done the same way basically so I would think they would work with the Obsidian as well.

Dark Mantis-Blazing red-Obsidian V4
Chosen one- Obsidian V4/Emerald driver
Dark Monarch-Diamond controller

dsmith1171
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 10:16:20 PM »

Thanks for the feedback and the links. Going to try again real soon.

Have a good one!

dsmith1171
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 03:58:39 AM »

Ok guys,

I think that this is what is happening.  I am using windows 7 home premium. I have downloaded the free zipped files offered on the forum: sabertooth, starkiller etc. They are stored on my desktop. When I attempt to "load" the sound files from my desktop to the obsidian launcher, I cannot load the files. I can unzip several of the files and see "LSU" files...Power on, power off, motion etc., however, when I click on the files, my computer says that I cannot open them. I get this message for "RAR" files and for "LSU" files. Can anyone recommend a program to open these files that is compatible with my version of windows: 7 home premium?

Thanks in advance, David

123outerme
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

I prefer Light Side points. Not that I'll get any

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 01:56:54 PM »

Ok guys,

I think that this is what is happening.  I am using windows 7 home premium. I have downloaded the free zipped files offered on the forum: sabertooth, starkiller etc. They are stored on my desktop. When I attempt to "load" the sound files from my desktop to the obsidian launcher, I cannot load the files. I can unzip several of the files and see "LSU" files...Power on, power off, motion etc., however, when I click on the files, my computer says that I cannot open them. I get this message for "RAR" files and for "LSU" files. Can anyone recommend a program to open these files that is compatible with my version of windows: 7 home premium?

Thanks in advance, David
To open the files, assuming you're using the Obsidian Launcher V4, you must open the Sounds Wizard menu in the Obsidian Soundboard tab.

1 - Select the bank you want to replace, and then load the .lsu files into the different menus the tabs on the left bring up.

2 - This would be the perfect time to test each sound and make sure it's what you want. I personally dislike the clashes that sound just like blaster deflections, but that's just me. (And before anyone calls me out, I know that they usually are based off of Ep 4 and 5, but without the context of those movies it doesn't really work for me)

3 - Once you're done, click on the Write Sounds tab, and if you click the word Save on the bottom, you can save your soundfont as a .lsfgx file, which is what the Load button on the first tab is looking for.

4 - Then, just click Write Sounds.

-If I'm not me, who's anybody?
Saber: Aeon V4 w/ Obsidian V3 - Guardian Blue

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 11:34:01 PM »

You can also get them from here:
http://saberfont.com/saberFonts.shtml
These ones are not free and most of them were made for other soundboards, however soundfonts are soundfonts and they're all done the same way basically so I would think they would work with the Obsidian as well.

A slight nitpick: Obsidian and Plecter boards do work similarly, and I'd imagine a little tweaking is all you'd usually need to interchange soundfonts (note: I haven't done this myself).  NEC boards work slightly differently; the board itself mixes the idle-hum sounds with swing and clash sounds.  On Obsidian, the hum is mixed with the swing/clash as part of the soundfont, so if you use an NEC soundfont on Obsidian you'll probably hear the hum drop out during swings and clashes (which probably wouldn't sound very good).

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -43

In time you will call me master

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 04:15:56 AM »

A slight nitpick: Obsidian and Plecter boards do work similarly, and I'd imagine a little tweaking is all you'd usually need to interchange soundfonts (note: I haven't done this myself).  NEC boards work slightly differently; the board itself mixes the idle-hum sounds with swing and clash sounds.  On Obsidian, the hum is mixed with the swing/clash as part of the soundfont, so if you use an NEC soundfont on Obsidian you'll probably hear the hum drop out during swings and clashes (which probably wouldn't sound very good).

Yea. Another thing Ive noticed is obsidian soundfonts seem to be a bit more tidy(for lack of a better word). Generally if I isolate a swing or a clash on an obsidian font its usually mostly swing or clash with very little hum lead in or lead out. But some of the fonts ive gotten from saberfont have as much as 1 or 2 seconds of hum leadout that is actually part of the swing font. Easy enough to trim down in Audacity, but still a pain in the neck.

Dark Mantis-Blazing red-Obsidian V4
Chosen one- Obsidian V4/Emerald driver
Dark Monarch-Diamond controller

Systemlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 06:23:22 PM »

Before I start messing with changing my sound fonts, are there any of the issues mentioned above with the sound fonts available right here on US forum? Lastly should I change the name of my LSU files that I downloaded right here on US forum to .lsfgx file as standard practice?

Thank you.

*Emerald Graflex SE w/Obsidian V4*

Old Ben Kenobi
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 05:38:18 AM »

Hi Guys,

I'm having a similar problem to David. I am running the Obsidian V4 Launcher on Windows 10, previously the launcher would recognise my Archon V3 (with V4 obsidian soundboard) but now the launcher will very rarely recognise my lightsaber, (I have tried all the quick fixes such as disconnect/reconnect, un-install/re-install and using different USB ports) however there is a bigger problem...

When I am trying to load different soundfonts (soundfonts that I have downloaded onto my hardrive and  extracted) onto an existing bank in the sound wizard menu, I cannot see the lsu files when the launcher allows me to select from a folder to choose the soundfont I want to install onto my soundboard. If I go through my file explorer normally (so outside the launcher) I can see the lsu files but cannot play them.

Has anybody else encountered this problem and/or found a fix? Again I am running the V4 launcher on Windows 10 and when I try and load saberfonts onto my Archon V3, I cannot see the lsu files in the file explorer within the Launcher...

Any help will be much appreciated,

Josh

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 08:26:34 PM »

Josh, other people have been having the same problem, and a few workarounds have been posted, but right now there's no solid fix.  For example, look in this thread:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23237.0 (particularly on the last page)
or this one
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=22723.0
You're not alone in having problems with Windows 10; unfortunately, I suspect it's going to take until after the rush dies down before US has time to work on the compatibility problem (especially since driver issues tend to be tricky to diagnose).

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

Pages: [1]   Go Up