Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I honestly couldn't think of a decent title.  (Read 1738 times)
Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« on: September 09, 2011, 04:06:34 AM »

So, as I am saving up to get myself that Prophecy (Which I'm no longer getting in SRD. Which color you ask? I'm not telling) I'm also saving at the same time to buy one of my friends one too. The only thing I know for sure is that it is going to be red, but I wasn't sure on which hilt. I asked him (cleverly, mind you) what kid of lightsaber he would want. His response, taken word for word from the text, is, "One and a half handed style hilt with a 3.25(feet) long blade."

I was going to get a Dominix in red, but once he said that I wasn't sure if that would fit anymore. Now he does know I'm getting two lightsabers and that he will be getting to use one for this photo shoot I'm planning. What he doesn't know is that he will get to keep it when we finish the shoot. Because of this, I want it to be something geared more towards his style. Any ideas?

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Xenex
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 04:19:05 AM »

It depend really on his size and preferences, for example personally I would reccomend the Bellicose as I can use it in a simular way that you describe (which I believe is called "bastard sword" style correct me if I'm wrong) however my brother cannot to save his life.. Also weighting can be an issue, does he prefer blade heavy, pommel heavy or mid balance? These vary with each hilt AND blade length and type. Basing on what youve said I would go either with a liberator or a shock.

Good luck Smiley

What are emotions? Truely to understand the nature of the force one must not have emotions...however to truely ultise the force one must understand them...lacking my own emotions I draw my power from others, I draw power from all emotions from anyone and thus am unbeatable...

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

I am legend.

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 04:31:28 AM »

Well, I not-so-cleverly asked if he was referring to roughly nine inches with that description and he said that sounded about right. I do know that it will be required that he could dual wield with them at some point, since that is his where his training is.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Xenex
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 04:46:29 AM »

OK now I know I must say this do NOT get a bellicose trying to duel weild them is a pain in the but. I would probably go with the shock but dont count on just my advice (I'm kinda new), Wait until people who have more sabers comment here then decide.

What are emotions? Truely to understand the nature of the force one must not have emotions...however to truely ultise the force one must understand them...lacking my own emotions I draw my power from others, I draw power from all emotions from anyone and thus am unbeatable...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 06:51:14 AM »

It sounds like your original plan will be good. A Dominix is a bit longer(about 12 inches), but it sounds like it'll suit him. That or get him another Prophecy.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 09:09:09 AM »

a prohecy le is very cool. thats what i want to get my brother, but i think he wants more or an initiate staff cuz hes small. if your not sure what color to get him, this is my new thing Wink, get a silver led and lee filters. theyre very bright and you can make alot of colors with them

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 12:10:59 PM »

Ok it sounds like he might want something a little more in between, as Xenex said a "bastard sword" kind of saber.  I feel like lots of people actually wield this way, so it shouldn't be too hard to find something he likes.

On the other hand, a 3.25 foot blade is LONG.  The longest blades they sell here at US are 36" (they come to around 34" in hilt) and those suckers are very long, so I can't IMAGINE what a 3.25 foot blade would be like!  I'll just go out on a limb and say it will likely be unwieldy for single handed usage (I use mine with one hand typically so I know something about this).  The 36" should work just fine for a hand and a half saber.

For the hilt, the Prophecy is a good choice - slightly shorter than the other sabers (which average around 12") it would work well for hand and a half usage.  Another option is the Initiate - people disregard this as a kid's saber but honestly, it's a good single handed saber and is actually fairly long (around 8.75").  This sounds like it would fit your friend well, especially if he's looking to dual wield.  For single handed use, you can probably go even shorter than a 36" blade, maybe the 32" or a custom one in between.

It probably doesn't matter which you pick, as I said I use a single handed style and most of my sabers are around 12".  Good luck!

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

I am legend.

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 02:25:52 PM »

On the other hand, a 3.25 foot blade is LONG.  The longest blades they sell here at US are 36" (they come to around 34" in hilt) and those suckers are very long, so I can't IMAGINE what a 3.25 foot blade would be like!  I'll just go out on a limb and say it will likely be unwieldy for single handed usage (I use mine with one hand typically so I know something about this).  The 36" should work just fine for a hand and a half saber.

For the hilt, the Prophecy is a good choice - slightly shorter than the other sabers (which average around 12") it would work well for hand and a half usage.  Another option is the Initiate - people disregard this as a kid's saber but honestly, it's a good single handed saber and is actually fairly long (around 8.75").  This sounds like it would fit your friend well, especially if he's looking to dual wield.  For single handed use, you can probably go even shorter than a 36" blade, maybe the 32" or a custom one in between.

Yeah, 3.25 would be massive, so I had no real intention of getting him that kind of blade, the hilt always being my primary concern. My original intent was the Dark Liberator, but since they aren't on the website for now I can't get one, so I'm down to either getting the Dark Initiate, a Dark Prophecy or a Dominix, all red. Oh well, still got a few months to save up and if all else fails, I'm rolling dice for it.

Under Construction...

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 02:28:15 PM »

Yeah, 3.25 would be massive, so I had no real intention of getting him that kind of blade, the hilt always being my primary concern. My original intent was the Dark Liberator, but since they aren't on the website for now I can't get one, so I'm down to either getting the Dark Initiate, a Dark Prophecy or a Dominix, all red. Oh well, still got a few months to save up and if all else fails, I'm rolling dice for it.

Those three are excellent choices.  The Dominix is a great weapon and looks awesome in red (I have a BR Dominix).  The other two would be great too.  Let us know what you decide!

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 02:39:00 PM »

the dark prophecy is only in rgb right now

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

I am legend.

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 02:53:40 PM »

the dark prophecy is only in rgb right now

I noticed, so I can scratch that one off the list for now.

Under Construction...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: