Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Obisidian for Dueling?!  (Read 7573 times)
Darth Slayvius
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

Dark Side Points much appreciated

« on: January 02, 2016, 10:16:13 PM »

i want to get a dueling saber but idk if the obsidian is meant for that? i would think that the vibrations from hard contact might damage it some how?

Saber - Dark Menace/Tri-Blazing Red/Obsidian v4/36" HG Blade

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 10:31:31 PM »

Absolutely! All Ultrasabers components (even the thin neck of the new Archon v3) and electronics are tested thoroughly to make them combat-ready. With a Heavy Grade blade you can beat the hell out of an Ultrasaber and nothing will break - as long as you don't abuse it! Sure, you can loose a tip or, when hit at the joint between tip and blade, even break the blade tip out of the blade. But this happens extremely rarely!
There are people who even lost a saber during transport on a moped and - nothing. The thing still works perfectly. Sure, sometimes you may have a loose wire or something, but that barely ever comes from combat.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 02:38:14 AM »

The only way to damage an UltraSaber is to intentionally try to break it with a sledgehammer, blowtorch, or freight train.

Both the Obsidian and Emerald boards are made to take the punishment from heavy contact dueling.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 03:29:47 AM »

These boys said it, US are build to withstand and outlast with any and all electronics installed.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 04:16:35 AM »

I've had my Obsidian-equipped Dark Prophecy for years, and it's still going strong (knock on wood).  This is despite frequent sparring.

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -38

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 04:55:47 AM »

My Emerald/Obsidian4 Azure reaper sees Weekly heavy dueling (almost a year now) and it hasn't skipped a beat!

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 05:02:16 AM »

Sounds like your safe with getting whatever you want on US.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Juan Alquicira
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

'You must unlearn what you have learned'

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 01:30:18 AM »

Absolutely! All Ultrasabers components (even the thin neck of the new Archon v3) and electronics are tested thoroughly to make them combat-ready. With a Heavy Grade blade you can beat the hell out of an Ultrasaber and nothing will break - as long as you don't abuse it! Sure, you can loose a tip or, when hit at the joint between tip and blade, even break the blade tip out of the blade. But this happens extremely rarely!
There are people who even lost a saber during transport on a moped and - nothing. The thing still works perfectly. Sure, sometimes you may have a loose wire or something, but that barely ever comes from combat.

So, if my saber has a wire issue, how would i know? And how could i fix it?

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 04:01:52 PM »

Wiring issues can manifest as blade flickering, an inconsistently working switch, stuttering sound, things like that. However, it's not said that these issues are wire issues - you would have to check and (if you know how to do that) renew the solder joints and wires and then try again. If that solves the problem, good, if not - well, that would be a parts' problem then (switch, speaker, sound board, LED module). Fixing should always be done by US, because the fixes are under warranty then.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Juan Alquicira
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 01:42:58 AM »

Wiring issues can manifest as blade flickering, an inconsistently working switch, stuttering sound, things like that. However, it's not said that these issues are wire issues - you would have to check and (if you know how to do that) renew the solder joints and wires and then try again. If that solves the problem, good, if not - well, that would be a parts' problem then (switch, speaker, sound board, LED module). Fixing should always be done by US, because the fixes are under warranty then.

Ok, so here's my problem... At first, my saber (The Chosen one)
Was working perfectly, but after some hours of use, it began to reboot over and over every few seconds.
I thought it was a batterie issue, but the other saber, the Grafflex, had the same batteries for a longer period of time and this issue didn't happened to it.
Now, after changing four times the batteries in the Chosen one, and twice in the Grafflex, i realize, there is something wrong.
Right now, after having a change of batteries in both sabers since early today, the Chosen one, is being turned on and of in a space of 30 seconds or less, making the 'Obsidian' sound.

I wish you cold tell me what the problem is, 'cause i put some tape to secure the batteries, and it keeps happening! 😩

PLEASE HELP!

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 04:35:56 AM »

Juan Alquicira, initially this sounds like a loose wire issue to me.  Pull your battery pack out just enough to see the wires connected to it, look closely to see if there is any loose wires, a broken connection or any wire insulation that has come loose.  It sounds like your batteries keep re-connecting to your soundboard because of this.  Let us know if you see or find anything. 

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2016, 06:42:21 PM »

Yes, looks like the wire connection between the sound board and the battery pack is somehow damaged. Like haz said, check the wire connections on the battery pack and the sound board for any damage.

Sig by Master Nero

Juan Alquicira
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2016, 08:03:26 PM »

Yes, looks like the wire connection between the sound board and the battery pack is somehow damaged. Like haz said, check the wire connections on the battery pack and the sound board for any damage.
Yeeeeah, it seems it has some tape on the cables, should i remove it?

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2016, 08:08:01 PM »

Yeeeeah, it seems it has some tape on the cables, should i remove it?

Yes remove the tape because you can't inspect the wiring without doing so...BUT...make sure you have electrical tape on hand and ready to re-tape the wires in the same way as it was done before.  So just pay attention to how it was done as you unravel it.

Juan Alquicira
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2016, 08:49:50 PM »

Yes remove the tape because you can't inspect the wiring without doing so...BUT...make sure you have electrical tape on hand and ready to re-tape the wires in the same way as it was done before.  So just pay attention to how it was done as you unravel it.
I got it, and i noticed the wires were kind of twisted in comparison with the other saber, but i didn't noticed any broken wire.
The other thing, is that whenever i replace the batteries, this 're-launching' doesn't happen, it has no problem clashing or being turned on.
after a couple hours (maybe 4) this issue appears, thing that doesn't with the other saber.

I took some pictures of both sabers set up, but i don't know how to upload them   Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: