Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Obi Wan EPIII Costume. What is the best?  (Read 10585 times)
Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 5

"Yes, I know, I have a toupée on my head!"

« on: September 09, 2011, 07:04:49 PM »

Hi, guys. Can you help me?  Smiley

I'm very tempted to wear an Obi Wan EPIII costume, but I'm not an expert at all! It would be my first time.  Tongue

I found this: http://www.buystarwarscostumes.com/authentic-obi-wan-kenobi-costume.html.

What do you think about it?

Luke: "How did my father die?". Obi Wan (thinking and looking around):"And now what will I tell to this guy? Oh yes, sure: my 'certain point of view'!"

I'm Italian. Sorry for my bad en

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 07:08:11 PM »

yyoure gonna pay 1,000?

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 07:13:30 PM »

yyoure gonna pay 1,000?

Well, I don't know... Embarrassed If it worth... Anyway not at this time, obviously.

What can you suggest to me?

Luke: "How did my father die?". Obi Wan (thinking and looking around):"And now what will I tell to this guy? Oh yes, sure: my 'certain point of view'!"

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 08:03:47 PM »

Anyone?  Undecided

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 08:15:41 PM »

It looks nice in the pics on the site. Not sure how accurate it is, though. What will you use this costume for(Rebel Legion, Halloween, cons, etc.)?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 08:19:23 PM »

I thought Halloween. But every occasion could be good!  Grin

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 08:25:15 PM »

I thought Halloween. But every occasion could be good!  Grin

Well, if it's primarily for Halloween, then this looks like a decent costume. I don't know if a place like Twin Roses could make one for cheaper, though.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 08:30:40 PM »

Fact:  Twin Roses could make something REALLY great for an Obi-Wan costume for a fraction of that price.  I got a tunic, pants and a cloak for under 300 with shipping, I'd estimate yours (with tabards) would be only a little bit more.  Shoot them an email letting them know what you want, and they'll give you a quote!

www.twinrosesdesigns.com

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 12:04:57 AM »

Twin Roses, all the way. I can tell you that the one you show in your first post is a great costume, but it's the licensed deal and you can get par with that for WAY cheaper if you're willing to do the work. I also know for a fact that there was talk that several of the costumes made by this company advertised as being so perfectly accurate, would not meet legion standards. (JUST talk was all I heard, mind you) So you'd really be better off getting something done for you by a tailor for a fraction of the price. Anyone will tell you the Jedi really is about the simplest of SW costumes. Lots of rookies make them themselves with little trouble, and even a 'botched' one can easily be upgraded for cheap to look fantastic. Heck, mine is made from an old McCall's halloween costume pattern by my mom years ago (EpII Obi Pattern) and upgraded belt, obi, etc by myself over the years. It gets RAVE reviews everywhere I take it. As long as you pick a good rough homespun looking fabric, it will likely look spectacular. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 03:24:13 AM »

As the last two said: Twin Roses.  You want Quality?  Accuracy?  Check them out.  Of course you pay for it (the prices aren't unreasonable at all but they are not cheap).  It's an investment and a worthwhile one.  All of my interactions with them were very agreeable.

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 05:27:18 AM »

Thanks to you all, guys!  Cheesy

You have been very useful to me.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 07:41:06 PM »

Thanks to you all, guys!  Cheesy

You have been very useful to me.

We're a tight-knit community, you are among friends!  And I must be honest, our European/foreign members are some of my favorite because they bring us a nice outside perspective to the SW scene!

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 08:38:06 PM »

We're a tight-knit community, you are among friends!  And I must be honest, our European/foreign members are some of my favorite because they bring us a nice outside perspective to the SW scene!

Thanks, MAV!  Cheesy
I'm glad to reciprocate saying this: I always loved american culture and civilization for many reasons and, in particular,:

1) Your (real, effective) liberty;
2) Your pragmatism;
3) And, obviously, STAR WARS!  Grin

Thanks again and see you here around.

edit: P.S.: your lightsabers too!

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 01:53:52 AM »

I'm very tempted to wear an Obi Wan EPIII costume, but I'm not an expert at all! It would be my first time.  I found this: http://www.buystarwarscostumes.com/authentic-obi-wan-kenobi-costume.html.  What do you think about it?

Although the website is different, the picture looks exactly like the one at Museum Replicas, where I purchased mine, and sent back cause I was very unhappy with the quality.  I did however keep the belt and accessories because they were nice.  The size I got was way, way, way to big, even for the large that I ordered.  The fabric was ok, the colors were kinda close, but the main reason was I did not think it was worth the price.

If you choose to order from there, make sure they have a policy of a ruturning your money if you are not satisfied with the product.  Also keep in mind if you have to return it, you have to pay the shipping.  If you are planning to join the Rebel Alliance with this costume, make sure someone within the rebel Alliance tells you it meets their requirements.

Lastly, I went with TwinRosesDesigns as well.   

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 02:06:58 AM »

On that note I'll say I know the rebels judge each costume individually no matter who makes it, so they won't accept anything till they see pictures of you wearing it.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: