Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: SWTOR Companion Droid Astromech M4-QT build WIP pic heavy  (Read 23213 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2016, 02:39:08 PM »

That is so awesome!  You and your husband did fantastic work on this.  Have another well deserved point for sharing.  Grin

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2016, 05:31:32 PM »

And with his lenses and a few details and his leg bolts

He is basically done, all thats left is hubby has to refine the remote control and do a double check of all the electronics.

Further detailing, weathering and electronics will wait until a later date.

I'll try and remember to get a vid of him running around the floor tomorrow Smiley

Your Astromech M4-QT build looks great.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC4YkKFMLDE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC4YkKFMLDE</a>

Excellent work. Point well deserved.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2016, 08:03:36 PM »

Ready to be jealous? Grin

M4 with Jedi Kermit

M4 was excited for the movie too!

I'll post more photos after they have been released by the official photographer.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Xocni
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -48

The Dark Side gives me strength

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2016, 08:36:35 PM »

*internal screaming* +1

Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

"Failure and disobedience are one and the same... In the Sith tongue both translate as "treason". That is the wisdom of the ancients!"

Initiate LE V2 "Justice" - GB UEMG
Overlord "Ari iv Azinimas" - BR UEHG Obsidian V4

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2017, 10:46:26 AM »

ZOMGWTFBBQKAWAII!!!

Point!

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2017, 01:38:21 PM »

M4-QT had his first proper photo shoot on Sunday. He was terribly excited to go to Tattooine but a little nervous about all that sand when he is so very small. So we made him little booties to protect his motors and wheels Cheesy

More will be coming, he had an absolute field day and was a bit of a star too!  Grin (just a hint, a video will be on its way in the nearish future!)

Also M4 was getting very jealous that a friend's droid had a facebook page, so we had to make him one to stop him beeping at us indignantly.

https://www.facebook.com/M4QTdroid/

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2017, 02:58:29 PM »

Awesome picture.  Smiley  Which part of Australia is that?  It's a good double for Tatooine, even though that planet was filmed a long way away.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2017, 12:04:50 AM »

Awesome picture.  Smiley  Which part of Australia is that?  It's a good double for Tatooine, even though that planet was filmed a long way away.

A small town in Western Australia bit north of it's capital city. They have a section of dunes which is used as an off road recreation area, so we drove in a little ways away from where most the cars were, found ourselves a few nice dunes that didn't have much in the way of vegetation and set up there Smiley for filming we had to be careful about our angles, otherwise you'd get trees or bushes or the town or 4WDs in the background Tongue but it worked out for us Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2017, 12:07:34 AM »

Funny you should say that.  Many sci-fi and post apocalyptic films with desert scrub locations are filmed here in Oz.  See the Mad Max movies and Salute of the Jugger as examples  Smiley

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2017, 01:33:43 AM »

Funny you should say that.  Many sci-fi and post apocalyptic films with desert scrub locations are filmed here in Oz.  See the Mad Max movies and Salute of the Jugger as examples  Smiley

That's because we have huge expanses of scrubby, rocky desert Tongue and around all that, amazing coastlines.

Btw hello to a fellow Aussie Smiley which part do you hail from?

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2017, 02:11:16 AM »

Melbourne: home of pretentious mens haircuts, and overrated coffee  Wink

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2017, 08:58:33 AM »

Today M4 had another outing, this time as a member of the local chapter of the R2D2 builders club Cheesy

Sadly it was a very hot day, inside the hall it was stinking hot and humid and the outside temp of 36-37C was actually cooler! M4 was being a little problematic... he kept cutting out, and in the end the glue holding one of his feet motors melted and made his foot wonky! Oh well, he has a second motordriver and far more powerful motors waiting to go in anyway! Hubby is also gonna have to recode some of his programming coz of a few bugs, and we need to fix his saggy shoulder joint.

With his much much larger cousin R4-E1

And with his makers Grin

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

URNOTSOBOSS
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

I am Sentinel.

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2017, 06:26:33 AM »

I WANT ONE!! PLEASE???
 HES SO CUTE

Sentinel- A soldier or guard whose job is to stand and keep watch.

*Sabers I own:
Aeon V4 stunt In CG {Seren Arien}
Dark Arbiter Obsidian V4 in BR (Mystery Box)
Sentinel V4 in GB
Sentinel V4 in AB (Mystery box)
*Wishlist:
Shock

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2017, 01:03:49 PM »

Finally got M4's head servo working! Currently he is set up so that his thumbstick has a toggle switch- press the button and you are operating his head servo, press it again and you operate his feet motors. Later the two functions will be on different controls so they can be done simultaneously but at short notice this worked well Smiley

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GXgu5xQd4U" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GXgu5xQd4U</a>

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2017, 01:56:07 AM »

Hahaha, he is just too awesome! Need a couple to chase the dog with! lol

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: