Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: How important is sound?  (Read 10909 times)
imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« on: September 09, 2011, 10:15:10 PM »

Its different for everyone, but how important sound fx in your saber to you?

I'm not knockin sound, but i guess it comes down to how accurate you would want your saber to feel, what you use it for etc.

Should be an interesting topic, if it hasnt already been made.....

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 10:21:25 PM »

this is my opinion, but i really like to have sound in sabers. it makes it feel more of i guess a real saber

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 10:25:57 PM »

this is true, wouldnt be a lightsaber without lightsaber sounds.  would just be a big flashlight, or torch. 

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 11:29:46 PM »

It's one of those things you notice once you've had it.  The higher up you go, the more snobby you become - it's tough for me to take the PVC stunt saber I have with an Ultimate FX board seriously after having the Obsidian lol.

I do, however, like the stunts for certain cases.  Sometimes it's nice to not go around with super loud lightsaber sound effects announcing your presence, makes it better for outside usage without bothering anyone when there's no sound.  Not to mention it's cheaper lol.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 11:37:54 PM »

I personally think that sound boards aren't very important. I mean, we have mouths... and vocal cords...

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 11:54:53 PM »

Personally, a saber is a saber is a saber. If you can set it up with a voice, then I'd go for it because it just makes it so much better. But I would never not buy a saber just because it didn't have sound. My SI is one of my all time favorite toys, and it's silent. I'm putting sound in my Proph because I can, but that doesn't mean I'll use it more or less. I guess I'm basically a do it if I can because I know it just increases the experience, but any saber will still thrill me kind of guy. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 12:03:10 AM »

Personally, a saber is a saber is a saber. If you can set it up with a voice, then I'd go for it because it just makes it so much better. But I would never not buy a saber just because it didn't have sound. My SI is one of my all time favorite toys, and it's silent. I'm putting sound in my Proph because I can, but that doesn't mean I'll use it more or less. I guess I'm basically a do it if I can because I know it just increases the experience, but any saber will still thrill me kind of guy. Smiley
same i would still get a saber without sound, its just i prefer to have one with sound. i would love to get a couple stunts to just play around with people

Varan Folos
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 02:07:21 AM »

If a lightsaber without sound is just a flashlight, then it's the coolest flashlight i'd ever want to own. For me sound is the icing on the cake.

A. Skywalker ROTS UltraFX ('05) ~ GB
US Stunt ~ BR ('07)
Bellicose ~ FO
Dominix V2 LE ~ CG
Prophecy ~ SY
Archon V2 ~ GB
Liberator Staff ~ PS
Red SI ~ CG

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 02:59:55 AM »

I look at it this way; If the saber I want has the option of sound, them I'm gonna make sure I get it with sound. But I'm not gonna not buy a certain model just because it doesn't have sound. My Dark Liberator doesn't have sound, but it's still pretty much my baby.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 05:34:42 AM »

this is my opinion, but i really like to have sound in sabers. it makes it feel more of i guess a real saber

I Agree With My Dark Brother Entirely  Cool

I Put Sound In Every Saber That I Can Wink

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 5

"Yes, I know, I have a toupée on my head!"

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 05:41:58 AM »

I think sound is 50% of the fun.

Luke: "How did my father die?". Obi Wan (thinking and looking around):"And now what will I tell to this guy? Oh yes, sure: my 'certain point of view'!"

I'm Italian. Sorry for my bad en

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 04:34:38 PM »

wow good responses.  so far, the consensus seems to be that style, functionality, and sentimentality trump sound.  but if sound is an option, it's almost always good to have.  personally i would love sound, but i would love to save some monies too.  maybe when i get some reward points goin, i'll get me one with sound and the bells and whistles.

so for now i guess i will be using the ol vocal chords for some awesome sound fx.  Cheesy 
if i get good enough might sound like the real thing....
in 5.1 dolby digital surround! 

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 11:04:39 PM »

wow good responses.  so far, the consensus seems to be that style, functionality, and sentimentality trump sound.  but if sound is an option, it's almost always good to have.  personally i would love sound, but i would love to save some monies too.  maybe when i get some reward points goin, i'll get me one with sound and the bells and whistles.

so for now i guess i will be using the ol vocal chords for some awesome sound fx.  Cheesy 
if i get good enough might sound like the real thing....
in 5.1 dolby digital surround! 

This.  Grin

I can just imagine a colony of saber addicts; all of their sabers have sound, but they can barely speak!!

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 5

"Yes, I know, I have a toupée on my head!"

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 06:55:46 AM »

This.  Grin
I can just imagine a colony of saber addicts; all of their sabers have sound, but they can barely speak!!

Imagine the scene: an arena filled with Jedis and Siths fighiting everyone versus the other.

Sith: "Come to the Dark side!".
Jedi: "Eh? What?"
Sith: "I said: come to the Dark Side!"
Jedi: "Dome's out the park site? What the heck are you saying?"
Sith: "I SAID: COME TO THE DARK SIDE!"
Jedi (switching off his lightsaber): "So... can you repeat, please?"

WOOOSSSHHHH! The Sith kills the Jedi.

Sith: "Let it go!"  Grin

Luke: "How did my father die?". Obi Wan (thinking and looking around):"And now what will I tell to this guy? Oh yes, sure: my 'certain point of view'!"

I'm Italian. Sorry for my bad en

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 12:43:48 PM »

Very nice.  Now, back on topic.

I thought I had posted this idea here but apparently I haven't.  If you want to go the "no sound" route, which is a good way to start, you can always buy a saber that is capable of having sound and just not get sound in it right away.  Imagine if all of use could easily add sound to our first sabers.  We'd all be thrilled!

Yes the sabers compatible with sound cost a little more, but trust me.  One day you will want sound.  And it will only increase your love of your first saber if you it becomes your first saber with sound.

Let us know what you choose!

Cheers.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: