Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Author Topic: :'( Custom PVC Starkiller DESTROYED :'(  (Read 40877 times)
sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« on: January 11, 2011, 04:49:25 PM »

So after my numerous questions here and armed with enough medication to go outside i got myself some random pvc pipes. I already had the on/off switch and i took the modified Obi-Wan Kenobi soundboard from my Dominix.
Since the switch from my dominix was destroyed by no one else than myself i took out the led assembly and the battery pack.

I cut the pvc according to some quick drawn templates and fitted everything inside. i had to rewire the switches because the wires where waaay to long t fit inside the exposed crystal chamber.

I made a small led module that could be switched on and off inside the hilt for display purposes. I added some alu tape to the hilt and weathered it the same way i always do. The grips where made by some kind off anti slip foam and are really comfortable to hold.
I used the same screws everywhere. Six in the back and one for decoration in the front.

The blade retention screw set was taken from the Dominix and installed underneath the graflex ears.

The controll box houses two switches on for the sound and one for the light. This was done for display purposes.

So enough with the details. I proudly present.

The Starkiller

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:14:34 AM by sjorsjo91 » Logged

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Hobb
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

I wear my saber on my hip.

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 05:40:04 PM »

Well, I like it.
Great job!

“Infinite, is the Force. Only do we set the limitations… for ourselves.” —Kerrick Rin

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 05:45:57 PM »

I can imagine that Hobb. Especially when i look at your avatar and your signature  Grin
anyway thanks a lot i've spent quite a few hours on this one and i consider it my first step into the larger world of the sabersmith  Cheesy

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Anakin UltraFX stunt

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 06:04:47 PM »

Two more pics. Just because i am really proud of this piece.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Oz Drift3r
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »

Ha Ha well done mate..... we got there eventually Tongue

Even i was eager to see how it would turn out... im impressed. Any more hiccups along the way?

Phantom V2 - RGB
Initiate V2 - Violet Amethyst
Liberator V2 - Under Construction

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 08:30:17 PM »

Wow, That came out really nice looking, gratz on creating it

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 09:25:36 PM »

Heey Oz. Thanks a lot mate i couldn't have done it without you. The only thing that will be an issue is that the battery pack is fitted in place and i can't replace the batteries. The only way i can think of resolving this would be using a 9volt battery, you know the block ones, with a resistor attached so the led module wont burn down. this will also create more space in the hilt so i think i might gonna have a look at that soon.

Thanks Lord Boogeyman. It was quite a struggle getting there but i couldn't be more proud of it.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Anakin UltraFX stunt

SirHenryMF
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 09:27:51 PM »

Very impressive custom work! Super top notch, I'm loving it, makes me want to try something similar. :3

Oz Drift3r
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 02:52:44 AM »

Heey Oz. Thanks a lot mate i couldn't have done it without you. The only thing that will be an issue is that the battery pack is fitted in place and i can't replace the batteries. The only way i can think of resolving this would be using a 9volt battery, you know the block ones, with a resistor attached so the led module wont burn down. this will also create more space in the hilt so i think i might gonna have a look at that soon.

Thanks Lord Boogeyman. It was quite a struggle getting there but i couldn't be more proud of it.

No worries at all mate, 9 volt sounds like a good idea to create some more space.
As you said will need a resistor to the LED but will need one to the soundboard as well. Or a 5 volt regulator Smiley

Phantom V2 - RGB
Initiate V2 - Violet Amethyst
Liberator V2 - Under Construction

zach skywalker
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 03:03:41 AM »

Thats effing awe inspiring  its fabulous

Yoda"Try not do or do not"
Luke"You want the imposible"

MaulKiller
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 06:32:54 AM »

Absolutely a beautiful lightsaber my friend.  OUTSTANDING Grin Grin Grin

Strength that is never touched by ruthlessness is touchingly irresponsible--Darth Vectivus

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 07:46:51 AM »

Heey Oz i was thinking about adding the resistor first and then hook up both the soundboard and the led. I think this would be a nice solution. I am also going to make a battery pack for the 9v battery so i can attach the speaker underneath that.

Sirhenry you should really try it. It feels amazing the first time you ignite your very own saber.

Thanks for the kind words Maulkiller and Zach Skywalker.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Anakin UltraFX stunt

claudio
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -1

bot here

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 12:03:12 PM »

Hi

Can you share how did you made the paintin on the PVC to gibe a realistic metal look?
I'm actually looking for infos/ideas to create a respirator half mask for a Sith lord costme

Thanks in advance !

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 12:36:46 PM »

there is almost no paint involved. I used chrome tape and roughed it up with a patch of scotch brite and covered the whole thing in east indian ink. I then used the same scotch brite patch to take of most of the ink so all that remained was a very dirty and weathered lightsaber. May i suggest that you should use some gunmetal grey paint? it is the most beautiful paint i have ever used and works for a very realistic grey metal color.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 02:42:33 PM »

That is a fantastic job. Wow.

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: