Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Raven Claw Question?  (Read 1020 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: September 11, 2011, 01:01:03 AM »

My buddy and I had a question about the Raven and it's claws.

When dueling if I was to connect with the claws of the raven how likely am I to crack my blade?

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 01:02:25 AM »

Metal vs Polycarb . . . Well Polycarb is REALLY tough, but if you were to hit just right you could crack a mid grade pretty easy.  A HG?  No.  Can't see it happening.  PS - That's just my opinion.  I don't have a Raven to do the test with... Or the money to waste good blades!

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 01:04:18 AM »

hmm good question. it would probably break a mid grade. possibly an hg but im not sure about a uehg. odk for sure though.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 01:17:48 AM »

Thank you guys.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Shalateaus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -20

Outer Rim between Hoth and Dromund -Kaas

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 01:45:58 AM »

My buddy and I had a question about the Raven and it's claws.

When dueling if I was to connect with the claws of the raven how likely am I to crack my blade?
    hmm...i like how you think  Grin

Knickel Plated Redemption SS (Vengeance), Emperor's Hand Emerald Green with DVA Pulse,Overlord SS EG ,Dark Arbiter DVA,sentinel le,Dark Standard issue

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 03:30:22 AM »

Well, first off the possibility of actually hitting the claw is slim.  Most blade contact is on the top half of the blade, so unless you're trying to hit your opponent with the emitter, you shouldn't have a problem.

That being said, there's a LOT less force that far down the blade, so the claws won't have all the force that's usually felt in dueling.  As for a straight-up contact between the claws and a blade, they're pretty springy (at least, the Super Sith ones are), so they will absorb some of that impact if you hit on the upper half of the claw itself.  The lower half, though, is where you'll start getting into problems.  as others have said, it'll probably break a mid-grade, but a Heavy grade will be much harder to crack.

So, in my opinion, don't worry about it.  The likelihood of breaking a blade of the claws is minimal.  and if you are worried, you can take the claws off for dueling, and reattach them for display and twirling.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 05:56:19 AM »

Thank you all, i believe my friend has decided to get the raven. Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: