Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: In Need of Public Opinion  (Read 3310 times)
NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 61

« on: September 11, 2011, 11:34:01 PM »

Hi everyone! I just returned a defective Luke Episode VI lightsaber to Hasbro and I just got the refund today. I also have a "lightsaber fund" that I've been saving up for a while. My question is: What saber do you think I should buy to replace my defective one and why? I just wanted to get a public opinion because I've been browsing the sabers on this site and I can't choose.  Thanks.  Smiley

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 11:46:18 PM »

Hi everyone! I just returned a defective Luke Episode VI lightsaber to Hasbro and I just got the refund today. I also have a "lightsaber fund" that I've been saving up for a while. My question is: What saber do you think I should buy to replace my defective one and why? I just wanted to get a public opinion because I've been browsing the sabers on this site and I can't choose.  Thanks.  Smiley

This is a question lots of people have, and it's tough to answer because saber choice is a personal thing.  You gotta let us know what you want, so we can point you towards one!  Are you looking for any specific features, do you want sound, what is your budget, etc.

NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 11:58:08 PM »

This is a question lots of people have, and it's tough to answer because saber choice is a personal thing.  You gotta let us know what you want, so we can point you towards one!  Are you looking for any specific features, do you want sound, what is your budget, etc.

1. I'm not really looking toward any specific features.
2. Yes I want sound.
3. My budget can reach up to $500 easily.

NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 12:05:02 AM »

I've been deadlocked between a few. The Raven, Bane, Consular, and the Shock LE.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 12:09:26 AM »

If you're willing to spend $500 then buy TWO!  Why limit yourself?  To help you choose consider what physical featers (emitters, claws, etc) that you love about each of the four hilts you've specified.  It's a really personal choice after all.  Let us know what you think!

Cheers.

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 12:22:17 AM »

Your options are thick... its really about your style. If you're a single type, you can get a REALLY awesome saber and even snag a stunt as a spare or loaner for a sparring partner. If staffs tweak you, you can get some pretty animal options there too. You might even opt for a Jar'Kai long saber/short saber combo, but the saber always picks you...

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 01:29:19 AM »

My opinion...get a Bane with an Obsidian. It's a dueling beast and one of the coolest sabers ever IMO. Order a few additional MLS units so you can swap colors out, too.  Grin

shyguy3000
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 72

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 02:02:58 AM »

Hmm for me if I had to choose right now it would be either the Consular, Bellicose, or the War Glaive. These sabers pretty simple in terms of the design, but yet can still be aggressive. And if you get quick disconnect (which I highly recommend) You can switch out the LED colors allowing you to be a Jedi or Sith,

That's what I would chose

What do consider yourself to be anyways? A jedi or sith?

Light side Points please. =D
Consular w/ GB, BR, AB, SRD, MLS Units and Obsidian sound.
Archon V2 w/CG and Obsidian sound
Donimix V3 with DVA and Obsidian Sound
Guardian with GB and Obsidian Sound

NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 02:09:18 AM »

I consider myself more of a Jedi...like my father before me. lol. Now back on topic, I'm leaning more to the Bane or the Consular now.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 02:14:28 AM »

I agree with Master Caine.  Then save a little longer and get another, then another, then another and join the rest of us saber addicts.  Don't forget the rewards points as well.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 02:28:50 AM »

I recommend the Consular,I really like mine.Its easy to wield and very customizable since it is MHS compatible!

dark side points please

GreyGuardian
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 05:02:37 AM »

I consider myself more of a Jedi...like my father before me. lol. Now back on topic, I'm leaning more to the Bane or the Consular now.

Good call. Just ordered my Bane Jedi saber. Consular green, matching AV, obsidian, Li=Ion setup.

[l]_I_I_I_ll o l [lll]
Shock: GB, Obsidian, blue AV, Li-Ion
[=o=]_[ o ]_[_/
Prophecy: AS
[]llllllll  o  lllllllll [_][(
Bane: CG, Obsidian, green AV, Li-Ion, Quick disconnects

Well, I assure you, I see more grey than dark or light. I'm just a stubborn old man, tired of the foolishness of

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 05:07:40 AM »

I've been deadlocked between a few. The Raven, Bane, Consular, and the Shock LE.

I say get the Shock LE while it's still available.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 05:20:02 AM »

I recommend the Consular,I really like mine.Its easy to wield and very customizable since it is MHS compatible!

True, and so is the Shock. The Bane's pommel is.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 05:29:58 AM by Master Caine » Logged

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 160

No one makes a victim of those I care about.

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 05:28:04 AM »

You can change the emitter on the Consular as well (that's not my photo btw someone else did a review of it with a dark war glaive emitter and pommel). Wink

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 05:30:26 AM by Master Caine » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: