Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Always the switch....  (Read 1139 times)
DarKote
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 5

To the sith mobile!

« on: September 12, 2011, 12:17:20 AM »

Well, I dropped my lightsaber today(not the first time, but on concrete this time) and the outer guard of the switch is now cracked(and a good chunk is missing) is there anyway i could get a new switch to install myself?

Have:
Dark Standard Issue Staff-Fire orange

Want:
Phantasm Staff-Silver and Violet

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 12:22:47 AM »

Yes.  You'll want to drill out the old one and you can order a new latching switch here: http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/z-electronics-guardedlatching.htm  You'll need skill in soldering, heat shrinking and cutting heat shrink off.  If you have these skills then you are able to do the install yourself.  As a side note if you're not driving to pick up that switch in person I'd suggest buying something else or finding someone to buy something so you can save on shipping.

Cheers.

DarKote
Knight Sergeant

To the sith mobile!

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 02:08:06 AM »

Yes.  You'll want to drill out the old one and you can order a new latching switch here: http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/z-electronics-guardedlatching.htm  You'll need skill in soldering, heat shrinking and cutting heat shrink off.  If you have these skills then you are able to do the install yourself.  As a side note if you're not driving to pick up that switch in person I'd suggest buying something else or finding someone to buy something so you can save on shipping.

Cheers.

I have those skills(or friends with  them) and im going to buy a coupler with it. stripped it when it dropped Sad

Have:

Want:

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 01:36:26 PM »

Artorius and I are pretty familiar with this problem, we actually just fixed it on my DSI staff.  Same thing happened, only the switch broke from a saber blade strike.  Follow his advice, and good luck with your saber.

DarKote
Knight Sergeant

To the sith mobile!

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 10:04:42 PM »

Artorius and I are pretty familiar with this problem, we actually just fixed it on my DSI staff.  Same thing happened, only the switch broke from a saber blade strike.  Follow his advice, and good luck with your saber.
I think im going to, and i need a coupler too. Might as well get another saber while im at it Cheesy

Have:

Want:

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 01:13:28 AM »

There's a good lad!  Get a few they're small...  PM or post if you need any other help.

Cheers.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: