Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New saber, no light but sound  (Read 4092 times)
firegate666
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 11, 2016, 12:47:40 PM »

Hi, just got my first blade from US, green light, blue flashes and soundboard (emerald driver)

When switching it on for the first time everything was fine. But then the normal green light stopped and only the flash was blinking then no light but sound still ok.
Could that be a battery issue? I meassured 3.2V but they should have 3.7V so I put them on the charger and will try again later.

Is it possible that this is due to low voltage or is that a LED issue?

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 12:52:26 PM »

Hi, just got my first blade from US, green light, blue flashes and soundboard (emerald driver)

When switching it on for the first time everything was fine. But then the normal green light stopped and only the flash was blinking then no light but sound still ok.
Could that be a battery issue? I meassured 3.2V but they should have 3.7V so I put them on the charger and will try again later.

Let us know if charging fixes it.

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 12:56:14 PM »

It definitely sounds like the batteries need a decent charge (especially if it's taken more than a couple of days to get to you).

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 04:52:52 PM »

^ Exactly. 3.2V is quite low, let us know if your saber works normally when the batteries are full again.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 05:02:06 PM »

at this point i would think that the batteries are charged, so now we just wait for a response.....  *watches thread*

firegate666
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 05:50:18 PM »

Just got home, batteries charged, everything screwed together. Works like charm.

Thx a lot for your rallying calls :-)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 06:20:07 PM »

LOL   Always charge the batteries!  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 06:30:32 PM »

Great Cheesy Always good to hear it's only because of the batteries Tongue

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 06:50:52 PM »

Love it,  Thank you.

Glad to hear all is well.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 05:53:13 AM »

Hi.  A full charge for your batteries should be in the 4.2v range.  Charge the Trustfire Li-Ions to at least a 4.0 .   Smiley

firegate666
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 08:05:59 AM »

Hi.  A full charge for your batteries should be in the 4.2v range.  Charge the Trustfire Li-Ions to at least a 4.0 .   Smiley

That is not in my hands^^the charger stops when he thinks he's done ;-)

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 01:39:54 PM »

So you have a simple charger without display Cheesy But a normal battery tester should also work Wink

However, don't rely on these types of chargers, it can happen that they display the batteries as "Charged" when you put them in. Then you have a dead battery which must be replaced. A charger with display will show you exactly how the voltage is and, if it recognizes a dead cell and has a refreshing program implemented, begins to revive it Smiley The VP1 from the Ultrasabers shop has this feature whereas the TrustFire doesn't.

Sig by Master Nero

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 12:10:26 AM »

So you have a simple charger without display Cheesy But a normal battery tester should also work Wink

However, don't rely on these types of chargers, it can happen that they display the batteries as "Charged" when you put them in. Then you have a dead battery which must be replaced. A charger with display will show you exactly how the voltage is and, if it recognizes a dead cell and has a refreshing program implemented, begins to revive it Smiley The VP1 from the Ultrasabers shop has this feature whereas the TrustFire doesn't.

i have noted with the MC2 chargers sometimes register it as charged or empty  when they are not.  Typically i just wiggle the battery around or clean the leads and the problem is fixed. 

When i finally have enough to buy another saber I am going to get a VP1 charger with it. 

Nomadheathen
Force Sensitive

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2022, 02:38:48 AM »

I just got a new saber obsidian 4 ultra pixel - battery is reading 4.2v
however I'm still not getting any lights. Sad

Damnjarheads
Force Sensitive

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2023, 05:16:19 AM »

HELLO.    I got my new lightsaber.  Fully charged the batteries.  no lights.  I have sound, but nothing.   Any suggestions?  Using the Li-Ion batteries.   LED on the power button works. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: