Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark War Glaive!  (Read 6995 times)
Gabriel_Summers
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« on: September 12, 2011, 08:00:18 PM »

Hey guys! As I've made it aware in other posts, I picked up a Dark War Glaive at DragonCon 2011! I'd promised I would write a review for it, and so without any further slacking off ('cause Gabe is good at that, trust me..)...here it is. Like the Raven's review, I'm going to start first with the physical construction.

The actual physical construction of the War Glaive itself is very sturdy. As we all know, it's made out of the aircraft aluminum...so it's very sturdy. The first thing I noticed when I wielded it at DC was the lack of weight on this thing! The pictures really don't do it justice..the War Glaive is very light. I measured the thing just a bit ago and it clocks in at about 42" long, blade inserted. With my other saber (Raven), it took a little bit to wield it one handed. With the War Glaive, that's not an issue. The hilt is tapered a bit near the emitter, allowing for a very easy grip wrap your hand around if you're not a fan of holding it down where you should. The claws themselves are very well crafted and they actually stick out a bit longer than the pictures show. But make no mistake, they frame the blade perfectly. One thing I did notice (and took me a bit to solve/comprehend) is that while the Raven and the War Glaive have the exact same height (36" blades), I found that when the War Glaive is completely assembled...it's shorter than the Raven. The Raven clocks in at 48" inches. The reason being is that the blade itself sits deeper inside the hilt. I actually like that, as there's only one screw to keep the blade in the hilt. This means that despite only one mechanism, you have more weight of the blade buried in to stabilize it. Keeps it from flying out.

As I was kinda strapped for cash at DC, I ordered the Glaive as just a stock saber. No sounds, no Li-Ion, no Obsidian (Broke my heart to have to skip that, man..I LOVE that rig so much Sad ). I'm thinking that might be a small factor as to why it's so light, but it really doesn't matter. The Glaive takes 4 AAA batteries, and the battery pack slides out just the same as the others. Very easy to get a hold of. The blade is an UltraEdge, so it's definitely combat ready. This too was ordered in a Guardian Blue color to match the Raven. I seem to have a little bit of a predisposition to ordering Sith sabers and putting Jedi colors in them, man...LMAO. Being that its a Dark War Glaive, it's obviously black. This makes the saber look VERY menacing as well as blends in a bit better. I'd recommend the Dark version if I had to. There's no anti-vandal switch..just the stock. But just the stock alone is absolutely amazing to see and wield! I DO plan on sending it in eventually and getting it upgraded to have the Obsidian as well as Li-Ion batteries..maybe even RGB.

So overall, I HIGHLY recommend this blade for anyone who's interested in getting it. It is SERIOUSLY worth it. Here's a couple pictures.

---Completely deactivated.

---Activated with Guardian Blue.

---Touch of a close-up of the activated saber. Note the tapered spot I mentioned earlier.

---Just the hilt itself, no blade.

---And a vertical shot.

Raven (Normal Claws, SS Pommel, Guardian Blue, UltraEdge Heavy Grade Blade)
Dark War Glaive, Guardian Blue (no sound, UltraEdge blade)

Would love light side points if i deserve them.

shyguy3000
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 72

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 10:10:31 PM »

Nice Saber. Sound or Not, It's still a eye catcher. =D

Light side Points please. =D
Consular w/ GB, BR, AB, SRD, MLS Units and Obsidian sound.
Archon V2 w/CG and Obsidian sound
Donimix V3 with DVA and Obsidian Sound
Guardian with GB and Obsidian Sound

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 12:19:13 AM »

very beautiful saber. makes me want to make mine soooooooooooo bad. im just so busy and this project is last on my schedule right now due to school and soccer. i dont have any time. i wish i could put it first on my list. very nice saber though. its a beauty  Grin

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 12:27:55 AM »

I really like the holes in the emitter, but I prefer this without the Claws.

But that didn't deter my Viking friend from getting one.

Good choice with the colors, the black and blue is really a nice compliment.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 12:28:57 AM »

I really like the holes in the emitter, but I prefer this without the Claws.

But that didn't deter my Viking friend from getting one.

Good choice with the colors, the black and blue is really a nice compliment.
the best part is you can take the claws off

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 12:30:00 AM »

I just told my wife and now she wants one in AS. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 12:56:41 AM »

So awesome.  I love all forms of Blue not to mention that even a Dark hilt looks AMAZING with any version of it.  Really beautiful saber ENJOY IT!

Cheers.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 01:15:06 AM »

Great review! This is kind of random but I LOVE that second pic! The core looks cyan-y but then it becomes dark blue! It would be awesome to see a Jedi with that color!

Oh, I also really want a Dark War Glaive right now.  Cheesy

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 01:20:35 AM »

I like this. The DW looks completely SICK in blue. Congrats.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Sith Lord Marus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 01:48:59 AM »

Nice review! I was also at Dragon*Con but was unable to buy my next hilt which also was a Dark Warglaive XD with quick disconnect, but once I have mine you bet I'll post my review! I'm going with Guardian Blue primary, then Pyrestone, Dark Violet, and Blazing Red. Pretty much all the MLS units XD. I went as my generic Sith Persona Darth Marus Cheesy It was really fun! I had to walk away from the US booth because of it's awesome beauty :O My girlfriend got to check out and hold her hilt she will be getting in the future. The Raven >Smiley This woman has great taste for the Dark Side she does!

Shock LE Consular Green
Dark Shock LE Blazing Red (Obsidian Soundboard)
Dark Standard Battle Staff Fire Orange

Sithari
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

Those who ask for mercy are too weak to deserve it

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 10:26:32 PM »

this is truely a beast of a saber use it well

The dark side offers power for powers sake. You must crave it. Covet it you must seek power above all else ,with no reservation or hesitation.

The power of the dark side cannot be dispersed among the masses. It must be concentrated in the few who are worthy of the honor.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 09:36:31 PM »

Nice. Hope you can get your saber upgraded. Guardian Blue with the Dark War Glaive looks amazing. Cheesy

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Gabriel_Summers
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 05:27:48 AM »

Already did that Shak Wink

Raven (Normal Claws, SS Pommel, Guardian Blue, UltraEdge Heavy Grade Blade)
Dark War Glaive, Guardian Blue (no sound, UltraEdge blade)

Would love light side points if i deserve them.

Sith Lord Marus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 08:31:54 AM »

Beautiful saber staff! I plan on connecting my Dark Shock LE with a Dark Warglaive. Both Blazing Red!

Shock LE Consular Green
Dark Shock LE Blazing Red (Obsidian Soundboard)
Dark Standard Battle Staff Fire Orange

Quiqonjin
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 09:12:23 AM »

Very nice Review...I'm so buying this sabeer!!!!! and meanwhile I'm making this costume to match the sabers ...the costume still in progress tho..

and looking at your picture answer my question ... I just make a topic before reading this topic asking if the saber can be customized into double bladed... my bad didn't read other topic first

cheers

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: