Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Repair service and purchase review  (Read 744 times)
SpectreEngineer
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 18

« on: January 15, 2016, 03:33:35 AM »

In the past few months I had the misfortune of having the li-ion batteries in two of my sabers leak.  I have no idea why this happened, but the sabers were out of warranty, so US said to send it to them and gave me a rough estimate for the repairs.  As part of the repair, I also ordered a new VP1 charger and four replacement batteries.  I am happy to say that even with the extreme volume of orders US has received from having the holiday season coincide with the release of some obscure niche sci-fi movie called The Awakened Forces or something, I got my sabers back in less than two weeks. 

Furthermore, my Dark War Glaive needed its black guarded switch replaced as well as the battery setup, and US upgraded me to a silver non-illuminated AV switch for no extra charge!  And as another surprise, I received four brand new batteries in the sabers themselves IN ADDITION to the four I ordered!  Thanks to their elite customer service, I was more than happy to purchase from them again, as I recently treated myself to a Graflex SE with V4 sound for my birthday (review will be posted when I receive the saber.

As for the VP1 charger, it is truly leaps and bounds better tha. The default charger for li-ion batteries.  It comes with a digital display showing what percentage each battery is at, and charges them much faster than the lower end versions.  Even if you have the older chargers already, I highly, highly recommend picking up a VP1 with your next purchase.

Thank you again, Ultrasabers, for yet another superior experience as a customer.

Dark War Glaive Consular Green, Crimson Reaper Sentinel Yellow, Dark Arbiter w/Overlord emitter Guardian Blue, Shock LE Dark Violet Amethyst, Graflex SE Sunrider's Destiny

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 04:02:02 AM »

All great news.  Happy for you. That VP1 charger is just the best and will help to extend the life of many Li-Ion batteries.  Thanks for sharing about the extra bonuses as well.   +1 point    Smiley

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 04:02:36 AM »

Wow, that's an amazing turn around and plus all the extra niceness you received with your saber when you got it back is some awesome care and attention.  Great story and I'm excited to hear about your incoming Graflex as well.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 04:31:22 AM »

How long had you had those sabers before the leaks occurred?

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

SpectreEngineer
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 05:25:54 AM »

Over a year for one of them, and close to two for the other.  I haven't heard of this happening in other cases, so I seriously doubt it's a common problem. 

Dark War Glaive Consular Green, Crimson Reaper Sentinel Yellow, Dark Arbiter w/Overlord emitter Guardian Blue, Shock LE Dark Violet Amethyst, Graflex SE Sunrider's Destiny

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: