Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question about Dark Liberator  (Read 1090 times)
Sidd
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 13, 2011, 12:26:35 AM »

Hello this is my first post here but I am sure most of you know me from other forums.

I bought a Dark Liberator second hand and it did not come with a blade or LED holder/heatsink.

What is the usual method for securing the LED, Lens and Holder into the hilt?

I have hear that there its usually just a LED and lens is glued into a section of blade and glued into place.  is that correct?

I must say this is a very nice little hilt and I think it will be a great stunt hilt for dueling/spinning and being a loaner saber.

Thank you ahead of time for your help.

Shalateaus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -20

Outer Rim between Hoth and Dromund -Kaas

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 02:33:43 AM »

Cool far as i know no i got dsi and a redemption 7 months ago and they are loose the blade holds them into place and as to filters trust me you'll want to look into it jersey has a topic on it it'll cost ya 5 bucks with the code kalibos got you'll only be paying for shipping and grats on your new blade  Grin skajj has nothing but good things to say about his

Knickel Plated Redemption SS (Vengeance), Emperor's Hand Emerald Green with DVA Pulse,Overlord SS EG ,Dark Arbiter DVA,sentinel le,Dark Standard issue

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 03:38:28 AM »

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/led%20module.htm

This may answer your questions (maybe), and sorry if it doesn't.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Sidd
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 12:53:41 AM »

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/led%20module.htm

This may answer your questions (maybe), and sorry if it doesn't.

Thank you I think that will be helpful, now I just need figure out how to anchor it in the hilt.  I will probably use some set screws or something.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 12:57:25 AM »

The interior of US sabers usually just have a lip on the inside that the LED sits on and the Blade pins the LED Module into place.  It's a simple solution that works well in my 8 sabers.

Sidd
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 12:11:09 PM »

The interior of US sabers usually just have a lip on the inside that the LED sits on and the Blade pins the LED Module into place.  It's a simple solution that works well in my 8 sabers.

On this saber I do not feel any sort of lip, ridge or anything.  its completely smooth

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 12:33:31 PM »

In that case the LED module is likely pushed up against the switch and secured by the blade.  The module itself is as described before (LED on heatsink hot glued to diffuser) but in Ultrasabers they are pretty much "free floating" which is what allows for the Quick Disconnect feature.  Someone you might want to PM on the matter is Master Caine as he is quite knowledgeable and usually willing to help when he can find time (He runs a prestigious martial arts school and JUST had a daughter born to him!).  Otherwise you can email shipping@ultrasabers.com and see what they will tell you.  Deep can recommend parts, which LED module you want to use, though you already know that and how the parts come together.  Heck if you aren't skilled in soldering and electronics you can ask about the possibility of sending your hilt to the shop to get outfitted.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: