Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: The Unofficial UltraSaber buying guide  (Read 212465 times)
ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2016, 09:23:46 PM »

I can't say where you'd get a screen accurate lightsaber (the internet is for such things. 1:1 scale. Lucasfilm)

As for the sound boards.  There are three options from Ultrasabers presently:

The basic Obsidian LITE:  Uses AAA batteries.  Cheapest of the set.  Comes with the Obsidian sound font currently.  Has no ability to change the sound in any way.
(Ultrasabers is looking into making a second version of this board to have just Sith sounds, but has not done so as of this writing).

The Premium sounds Obsidian v3:  Can use whatever battery setup.  Comes with the Obsidian sound font.  Has a mini-USB port to allow one to change the font, volume, and durations of effect via a computer (Windows or Mac at this time).

The upgraded Obsidian v4:  Increased the amount of memory space on the board allowing it to carry larger sound fonts and/or multiple sound fonts at once.  Comes with seven sound fonts and a "silent" sound font (a mute feature).  Also allows one to change between saved font from just the activation button on the light saber.  All other features are the same as the v3.   Costs $10 more than the v3.   The mute feature is worth the $10.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

kirkeric
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #136 on: February 06, 2016, 09:39:37 PM »

Appreciate the feedback.

Sounds to me like this IS the best place then to get one.

the Graflex CE as I recall from before is the closest to the Luke Saber.

Eric

I can't say where you'd get a screen accurate lightsaber (the internet is for such things. 1:1 scale. Lucasfilm)

As for the sound boards.  There are three options from Ultrasabers presently:

The basic Obsidian LITE:  Uses AAA batteries.  Cheapest of the set.  Comes with the Obsidian sound font currently.  Has no ability to change the sound in any way.
(Ultrasabers is looking into making a second version of this board to have just Sith sounds, but has not done so as of this writing).

The Premium sounds Obsidian v3:  Can use whatever battery setup.  Comes with the Obsidian sound font.  Has a mini-USB port to allow one to change the font, volume, and durations of effect via a computer (Windows or Mac at this time).

The upgraded Obsidian v4:  Increased the amount of memory space on the board allowing it to carry larger sound fonts and/or multiple sound fonts at once.  Comes with seven sound fonts and a "silent" sound font (a mute feature).  Also allows one to change between saved font from just the activation button on the light saber.  All other features are the same as the v3.   Costs $10 more than the v3.   The mute feature is worth the $10.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2016, 09:50:18 PM »

The v3 and the v4 can ONLY be used with a Li-Ion battery setup, not with the standard AAA setup. Just to clarify Smiley
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:20:45 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Blackstar1331
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 21

Rogue Jedi

« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2016, 10:15:21 PM »

This is super helpful! Force Point to you ImperialKnight23.  Cheesy

Owned: Dark Sentinel (Guardian Blue with Obsidian Lite Setup)
Wishlist: Flamberge (Blazing Red) / Shock (Adegan Silver) / Graflex SE (Arctic Blue)

kirkeric
Force Sensitive

« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2016, 12:42:30 PM »

Yep, I understood that.  Thanks.

Now to design this baby.  Do people actually use these to fight? lol  I only want it because I am a movie buff and I do visual effects (VFX) for movies.  

Most people I know would think I was out of my mind spending this kind of cash on a light saber.  Smiley

Ok, so I have made the initial design and added to wishlist.  But, I had a few questions on things I just didn't know what they meant or whether it's important.  They are:

1.  Right away, I guess I need clarification on the sound board.  I went with the V4 as mentioned above with the mute.  But then I see this Obsidian one with Emerald LED.  Is this that big of a difference and if so, what?  Major hike in price and I don't want to do that if it's not necessary.

2.  Blade set screw type.  What is this?  Important?

3.  Blade retention screw wrench.  What is this?  Important?

4.  Blade plug?

5.  Covertic clip?

Thanks

Eric

The v3 and the v4 can ONLY be used with a Li-Ion battery setup, not with the standard AAA setup. Just to clarify Smiley
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:59:41 PM by kirkeric » Logged

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2016, 04:32:37 PM »

1.  The Emerald LED is a separate thing from the Obsidian.  The Emerald is a second circuit board that regulates a multi color LED so that you can  adjust it to whatever color you want within the color range it has.  There are different kinds.  A lot with two channels (colors) and a pair with four channels (colors)  RGB (Red, Green, Blue) and either W or A (White or Amber).  There is a video in the Emerald Sabers section to talk a bit about that.

2.  The Graflex has two different screw options.  It will effect the look and there are pictures with the Graflex order area.

3.  A hex wrench so you can remove your blade.

4.  A protective cap that can go in in place of your blade to protect the LED

5.  A clip for a covertech wheel so you can clip the saber to your belt.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

TheSpacePotato
Force Sensitive

« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2016, 12:32:11 AM »

If i were to buy a single bladed saber (I am short on money and this in the long run is slightly more expensive, I know) just because I would like to learn it and its cheaper, then buy another single bladed saber, can i connect the two easily to make a duel bladed saber (staff)?

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2016, 01:33:44 AM »

If i were to buy a single bladed saber (I am short on money and this in the long run is slightly more expensive, I know) just because I would like to learn it and its cheaper, then buy another single bladed saber, can i connect the two easily to make a duel bladed saber (staff)?

Yep. For most hilts all you'd really need is a coupler. Here's a thread of MHS compatible hilts: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1186.0

You can only use V2 hilt parts with other V2 hilts.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

A31
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

The Force is with you always...

« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2016, 05:40:13 PM »

This is very informative and well appreciated. Thanks. I will have to read and watch the vids over and over to get it all...haha...but again thanks so much for taking the time to do this for us all! Point to you!

Prophecy V3 Obs lite  (AB)

Archon V2.1  Obs V4  (TRI CG)

Initiate V4   Obs V3   (GB)

TheDarkling
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

Darkside points! :3 Please and thank you!

« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2016, 08:11:50 AM »

Will I have to sign for the package? I'm ordering five or six sabers soon and I just wanted to make sure that I'll be home if they do require a signature. I'll be using FedEx for shipping.

Thank you!

(Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but it seemed like it would be a good place to post. I didn't want to make a new thread just for this.)

{Sentinel v4 - AB} - {GB Dark Apprentice v4- BR}

Seni Kai
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2016, 10:13:33 AM »

Yes you have to sign

(Bellicose Consular Green)

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2016, 12:14:03 PM »

Will I have to sign for the package? I'm ordering five or six sabers soon and I just wanted to make sure that I'll be home if they do require a signature. I'll be using FedEx for shipping.

Thank you!

(Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but it seemed like it would be a good place to post. I didn't want to make a new thread just for this.)

You should have gotten an email from FedEx. At the bottom there is a link embedded in a paragraph that says something like, "Not going to be home?" Or something like thay. If you follow the link, it will take you to a form that you can fill out, print, and tape to your door. That will allow the driver to leave it at your door.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

TheDarkling
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

Darkside points! :3 Please and thank you!

« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2016, 11:56:34 PM »

You should have gotten an email from FedEx. At the bottom there is a link embedded in a paragraph that says something like, "Not going to be home?" Or something like thay. If you follow the link, it will take you to a form that you can fill out, print, and tape to your door. That will allow the driver to leave it at your door.
Thank you! I'd prefer for it to be signed. It's my costuming groups order. Smiley

Yes you have to sign
Thank you! :3

{Sentinel v4 - AB} - {GB Dark Apprentice v4- BR}

Kraxtor
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

Balance: tipping the scales back towards neutral

« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2016, 10:10:29 PM »

Really appreciate the OP!  Thanks for the time and sticky.  Really helpful to noobs like me. 

We are just as blind in total darkness as we are in total light; it is only through a combination that we are permitted to see.

There are at least two sides to every story, and typically the truth is found somewhere in the middle.

ObiKel
Force Sensitive

« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2016, 09:13:47 PM »

Useful thread for a noob like me. I'm already an avid collector and learning more every time I visit this forum. I look forward to a continuing relationship with US and the forum here. Now I need to go practice Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: