Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: The Unofficial UltraSaber buying guide  (Read 212498 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 06:48:45 PM »

i m new here ..i m interested in buy a light saber...electric blue blade and a black hilt..blade 36" . can any1 plz suggest which 1 can i buy..and maybe at a bit reasonable price. and wat Accessories to buy with that.

I'd suggest getting a Dominix V2 in Guardian Blue. http://www.ultrasabers.com/DominixV2-p/dominixv2.htm Though you should compare the pictures of the colors (shown on that page if you scroll down, I believe) to be sure Guardian is what you want, as there is also the lighter Arctic Blue, and the more purple Violet Amethyst. I'm not sure which of those three would best suit your wants, since I've seen a couple different things meant by 'electric' color, but I'm sure one of them is at least pretty close to what you want, and I can tell you from experience that the Dominix V2 is a great hilt to use. (I own one lol)

P.S. I have to ask.... you don't know  LINK do you? (seriously, we have another member here named LINK. lol)

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 07:22:18 PM »

It really depends on your price range. For a nice 2 hander at a good price you could go with a Dominix V3 LE in Guardian Blue stunt saber (no sound) Or if you want a few different selections take a look at the Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber, Dark Liberator, or even the Overlord would look sweet with Guardian Blue.

dark side points please

Stephen Strange
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -40

The Netherlands, The Hague

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 10:11:35 PM »

i m new here ..i m interested in buy a light saber...electric blue blade and a black hilt..blade 36" . can any1 plz suggest which 1 can i buy..and maybe at a bit reasonable price. and wat Accessories to buy with that.

You say a black hilt with blue blade... I will do my best what I would buy and still stay reasonably cheap.

1st thing.. these things in my opinion are coolest with sound... and as such you should take a blade that you can at least put sound in later. If you don't care about sound a grab bag is cheapest. But you don't have a choice in black hilt then.

That said...

Lets check the options...

The cheapest black hilt that can have sound is the Initiate v3. It doesn't come standard with the 36" blade as it is a small hilt. Dual wielding and younglings would love this. Dark Initiate v3 = $59.99 but should be elongated with another pommel and a bigger blade.

The second choice that comes with 36" right out of the box is the Dominix v3 ($69.99). Only $10.00 more but way more usefull for all styles.

Lets check how much that cost...

Without sound but ready for option.... And as cheap as possible.

- Blade/LED color : Guardian Blue
- Blade Option : UltraEdge
- Pommel : Dark Catalyst Pommel
- Battery Conf. : Li-lon Setup
- Sound : No Sound
- Flash on Clash : No Flash
- Tip Type : Round Tip
- Blade Retention Screw Wrench : Sure!
Total : $120.99

or...

- Blade/LED color : Guardian Blue
- Blade Option : UltraEdge
- Pommel : Dark Catalyst Pommel
- Battery Conf. : Li-lon Setup
- Sound : Yes, Obsidian USB Sound
- Flash on Clash : No Flash
- Tip Type : Round Tip
- Blade Retention Screw Wrench : Sure!
Total : $215.99

You can actually do without sound but sound ready first... then send it in laters using the points you got from teh first purchase and get the sound added.

Hope this helps.

¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬(o)█|{███████████████████████████████████████)

Dark War Glaive (BR, Dark Catalyst Pommel)
Guardian (GB, Dark War Glaive Pommel)
Bellicose (CG, Bronze)

Stealth
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2012, 10:17:45 PM »

This helped more than anything ever on this forum THANK YOU Imperial

Scimitar
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -43

South African Sith Lord

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 09:32:46 AM »

I missed this when ordering my first saber, my fault since I signed up when I ordered  Tongue

It's very informative, has relevant links and is kept concise and factual instead of opinionated.

LS point awarded for this, great job!

"We are tyrant kings, disseminators of fear. We do not protest... We scheme and then we act" ~ Darth Jadus

• FO Raven w/Sound

Dark Side for me please

Consular Christovski
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2012, 12:34:28 AM »

Thank you for the informative thread!  This was one of a few threads that really made learning about these sabers a breeze, and of course led to me placing my first order! Grin

A paragon and true believer in the powers of good...

Kenobi 2112
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 3

May the force be with you.

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2012, 04:11:04 AM »

Which blade length is best 4 dueling with single blade sabers

Light side points please!

Lightsabers-Overlord with sound(GB Green AV switch Archon pommel)

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2012, 04:30:50 AM »

Which blade length is best 4 dueling with single blade sabers

32" or 36". 24" is good for dual wielding, staffs, and short people though.

no

Kenobi 2112
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 3

May the force be with you.

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2012, 05:18:31 AM »

When i order my Overlord can i request the Dark Arbiter pommel and if i can how much would it cost

Light side points please!

Lightsabers-Overlord with sound(GB Green AV switch Archon pommel)

Consular Christovski
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2012, 06:39:04 AM »

Not sure if this has been covered, I have not found an answer, but looking at certain hilts I notice that sometimes you do not have the option of specifying what length blade you want, and some do not have the option for an AV switch.... How would you get one of these options on certain hilts?

I have seen pictures of Ravens with AV LED illuminated switches, but when I go to the Raven order page there is no option for AV switch, and no option for blade length that I can see on the order page either  Undecided

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2012, 09:10:35 AM »

Not sure if this has been covered, I have not found an answer, but looking at certain hilts I notice that sometimes you do not have the option of specifying what length blade you want, and some do not have the option for an AV switch.... How would you get one of these options on certain hilts?

I have seen pictures of Ravens with AV LED illuminated switches, but when I go to the Raven order page there is no option for AV switch, and no option for blade length that I can see on the order page either  Undecided

For hilts that do not have the option to specify what you want, just place the request in the "Order Comments" field during checkout. I order all of my blades as 32", and I just add in the comments field to shorten the blade. As for AV switches, when you choose what Sound Configuration you want, you can choose the AV switch you want. I'm looking at the Raven right now and it's there.

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

Consular Christovski
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2012, 04:29:09 PM »

Never thought to look under sound options as it had obsidian sound selected already, I feel a bit stupid for missing that one haha, thanks for the info!

SentinelPickle
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2012, 12:04:38 PM »

Thank you for this Imperial, and everyone else for sharing information. I am new to this and found this to be essential reading to answer so many of my questions. Cheers.

Light my way

Dark Standard Issue - DVA

Aldynim
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

Lightside points

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2013, 09:35:40 PM »

This was so helpful to a noob like me, you sir get a Light side point.

jasond22
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 18

Jedi w/ Archon SRD/FOC AS; Prophecy CG; Aeon v3 GB

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2013, 09:48:52 PM »

Has anyone made a chart showing what colors are brightest?  Both in lumens, as well as in apparent brightness (I've heard that green often looks brighter than red even at the same lumens).  And does the order of what's brightest change if you change blades?  i.e.--If green is brighter than red, is it always brighter than red, no matter what blade you use (assuming the red & green are always using matching blades).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: