Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: The Unofficial UltraSaber buying guide  (Read 213436 times)
Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2013, 02:29:16 PM »

Has anyone made a chart showing what colors are brightest?  Both in lumens, as well as in apparent brightness (I've heard that green often looks brighter than red even at the same lumens).  And does the order of what's brightest change if you change blades?  i.e.--If green is brighter than red, is it always brighter than red, no matter what blade you use (assuming the red & green are always using matching blades).

I don't think so. It would be very subjective (as far as apparent brightness is concerned), and lumens would vary only slightly.

no

KARNAG
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2013, 02:37:52 PM »

Well, firstable-
HELLO, everyone!. Im new here, at this community. but not new in saberfighting practice, from time to time do sparrings with my mates. Well, i really heating up for buying saber here, but a bit ashamed that some issues are missed from my understanding, so i ask for help, answering or giving advices in few questions. So, i hope its not make anyone angry:
Can i use option Build your own lightsaber kinda, construct one, which desighn i desired, and it will be mailed to me in ready, builded condition, ready for use?
Also, ive desperately want yellow color for my blade-but dont see it anywhere, can anyone lights up, what happen with that color option,, please?
Then, i was thinking to buy sword with two posibilities - RGB and quick disconnect. as i get it RGB cant be disconnected quick-but can i in common switch it in home for single colored quick-removable blade incase of travels somewhere with friend, and etc.? also i want my saber do some noise, and to be a fighter-saber, with heavy durable blade. Also, i just wondering wil it be saved from water? Thanks for responding, in advance

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2013, 06:56:03 PM »

How do you order a saber with the other colors such as BH, DVA, SY, and PO?

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2013, 07:39:39 PM »

Karnag to answer your questions 1: build your own means what it says you buy the components and assemble it yourself at home. Unless you email them and set something up but it would end up being way more expensive I think than just buying one of there ore jilt ones and modifying it to your needs.
2: the yellow you speak of is a forum color meaning when you order you need to put in say for example sun riders destiny and then in the accessories section buy 5 requisition points en in the comments section of your order put that you want the forum color sentinel yellow. You can also do a search here on the forum for how to order forum colors. There are a few more as well. Sedstiskyfaller that might help you as we'll.
3: you may be confused with how the sabers are actually built. The blades are removable for ease of transport and if you just want the hilt to say hang on your belt ( should get a covertec clip for that though) also the LEDs are not in the blade so all of the Ultrasabers blades are combat ready! Smiley if you would like sound just pick a saber from the sabers with sound section, be sure to get the li-on setup for it.
4: do not i repeat do NOT go throwing your saber in water haha there not safe for water just as you wouldn't put your Xbox in water same goes for the ultrasabers. There is a video out there on YouTube with someone throwing and submerging there's in water but that was an early PVC model that was fairly water tight. Granted I've heard they are ok for playing in a light rain.
I hope that answered your questions just do as much research here on the forum and ask as many questions as you need. And don't forget to use the search function here as well! Happy sabering!

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Darth Zexar
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -15

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2013, 07:40:08 PM »

Well, firstable-
HELLO, everyone!. Im new here, at this community. but not new in saberfighting practice, from time to time do sparrings with my mates. Well, i really heating up for buying saber here, but a bit ashamed that some issues are missed from my understanding, so i ask for help, answering or giving advices in few questions. So, i hope its not make anyone angry:
Can i use option Build your own lightsaber kinda, construct one, which desighn i desired, and it will be mailed to me in ready, builded condition, ready for use?
Also, ive desperately want yellow color for my blade-but dont see it anywhere, can anyone lights up, what happen with that color option,, please?
Then, i was thinking to buy sword with two posibilities - RGB and quick disconnect. as i get it RGB cant be disconnected quick-but can i in common switch it in home for single colored quick-removable blade incase of travels somewhere with friend, and etc.? also i want my saber do some noise, and to be a fighter-saber, with heavy durable blade. Also, i just wondering wil it be saved from water? Thanks for responding, in advance

The 'Build Your Own Lightsaber' section is literally as it says, you buy the parts and build it yourself once you've received the parts.

To get the Sentinel Yellow colour you would have to select a $5 colour (Silver or Violet for example) and then add a $5 requisition charge (http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/requisitioncharge.htm) to your basket. During the checkout process there is a comments box where you will need to let them know you want the Yellow colour (as they're "secret" forum colours).

Right, as an understanding of how the blade a hilt works... The blade and hilt are two components secured together with 2 retention screws, to take the blade out all you have to do is undo the screws and pull out the blade. The LED is secured inside the hilt, and regardless of you go for an RGB or a single colour it will not affect the ease of removing the blade from the hilt.

If you were outside in light rain there shouldn't be a problem, but I wouldn't put the saber underwater, I don't believe they are airtight.

Bellicose 'BH' - "Velox Orabilis"
Prophecy CE 'VA'
Dark Monarch 'CG & AS FOC'
MR Darth Vader EP IV
MR Anakin Skywalker EP III
Dark Prophecy 'EG'
SS Raven 'BR'
Guardian 'GB'
Custom Mara Jade

Darth Zexar
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2013, 07:41:49 PM »

Aurick, I call jinx as our posts were within like 30 seconds haha

Prophecy CE 'VA'
MR Darth Vader EP IV
Dark Prophecy 'EG'
SS Raven 'BR'
Guardian 'GB'
Custom Mara Jade

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2013, 07:45:05 PM »

... Mine was first... Wink haha point to you though for calling jinx... Well said post though and we both heard the rain thing somewhere haha

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Darth Zexar
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2013, 07:51:08 PM »

... Mine was first... Wink haha point to you though for calling jinx... Well said post though and we both heard the rain thing somewhere haha

I suppose it was Tongue Haha, thanks. Yeah, plus it just seems logical, what breaks in a little light rain? Tongue

Prophecy CE 'VA'
MR Darth Vader EP IV
Dark Prophecy 'EG'
SS Raven 'BR'
Guardian 'GB'
Custom Mara Jade

AdamFloyd
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2013, 07:20:47 PM »

Im interested in buying a saber but i dont know which blade to choose. could anyone with experience please help? Im looking for a blade that will make the consular green look awesome. very bright, and evenly distributed throughout the entire blade. i do not plan on dueling with it but i do plan on swinging it around and spinning it. im just worried ill pick one where the color isnt complete throughout, or too dim, or the wrap inside crinkles or what ever and makes the brightness suck. please help!

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2013, 07:39:39 PM »

Im interested in buying a saber but i dont know which blade to choose. could anyone with experience please help? Im looking for a blade that will make the consular green look awesome. very bright, and evenly distributed throughout the entire blade. i do not plan on dueling with it but i do plan on swinging it around and spinning it. im just worried ill pick one where the color isnt complete throughout, or too dim, or the wrap inside crinkles or what ever and makes the brightness suck. please help!

A midgrade blade seems like the best choice for you for what you described, unless you'll be spinning on video. In that case, I recommend Ultraedge midgrades if you'll be filming it.

Either midgrade or UE midgrade will give you the brightest, fullest bang for your buck.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2013, 09:13:45 PM »

Might I also suggest this topic?

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3096.0

He talks about the types of blades, what they're like, and then below he talks about his opinions on their colors and looks in certain types of blades.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2013, 11:36:28 AM »

Great topic (although I already ordered my sabers before I even saw this guide xD)! LS Point to you ^^

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Crowman76
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -144

Only the choices we make affect the path we follow

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2013, 09:12:31 PM »

So im just about to get my  first saber from ultra sabers, i have decided on the  Scorpion with sound fire orange blade with red flash and beyond that its all gone blurry, i had finalised my choice of blade and was happy , now after looking at reviews and opinions on blade type i  have managed to confuse myself with all the info available to help us new customers make the right choice.  Undecided

I have been looking at the ultra sabers site for many months and my main concern was being uk based could i, if needed get a good level of customer service? (any existing UK or non US customers comments welcome)

So as stated above im going for The fire orange and would love to hear from anyone else sporting this colour on their blade, i understand the difference between blades and  although  my saber will mostly be display and not combat/sparing  i have decided to go for a heavy grade blade just in case i get carried away one day, my dilemma is which type of blade  at this grade will give me the best visual effect? ( i know this can all come down to personal choice i just want some opinions on the Fire orange with my proposed setup)  ultra or not???

DARK SIDE POINTS ONLY PLEASE
Scorpion in PO with AS FOC
Arcon v2.1 in CG with AB FOC
Bellicose in SY with FO FOC
Aeon V3 in CG (stunt)
Dominix LE v2 in BR
Consular in DVA with silver FOC

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2013, 09:21:28 PM »

( i know this can all come down to personal choice i just want some opinions on the Fire orange with my proposed setup)  ultra or not???

Before I lost the green die on my old Sentinel Yellow module, I had orange for a few moments and my vote is 122% for a non-UE blade. Standard or Heavy Grade will give you the results you're looking for with the oranges, (yellow and red too).

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2013, 09:36:30 PM »

So as stated above im going for The fire orange and would love to hear from anyone else sporting this colour on their blade, i understand the difference between blades and  although  my saber will mostly be display and not combat/sparing  i have decided to go for a heavy grade blade just in case i get carried away one day, my dilemma is which type of blade  at this grade will give me the best visual effect? ( i know this can all come down to personal choice i just want some opinions on the Fire orange with my proposed setup)  ultra or not???

Before I lost the green die on my old Sentinel Yellow module, I had orange for a few moments and my vote is 122% for a non-UE blade. Standard or Heavy Grade will give you the results you're looking for with the oranges, (yellow and red too).

Agreed.  If you read that thread I linked a few posts up it talks about colors and the kind of blades that show them best.  Bear in mind that if you get a HG blade it will be dimmer than a Mid grade, but with either of those choices, FO will work better in them than in the UE.

It is a shame that the Scorpion isn't available with Emerald(though you might ask) or I would suggest that you spend the extra $85 (thanks to the sale) and get one of those instead.  Who knows, the next DotD sale could have the Scorpion, so I would at least wait until Friday.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: