Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: The Unofficial UltraSaber buying guide  (Read 212399 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 04:16:29 PM »

Wait, waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait a minute!

you mean to tell me that Adegan Silver sabers are supposed to come with colour discs? Because I sure did NOT get any colour discs with mine!

From what I've read they typically do.  Email them at shipping@ultrasabers.com and let them know, they can probably just send them to you no problem.

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 06:23:50 PM »

If you had ever questioned the durability of ultrasabers here are the videos with all the answers.  Enjoy.

Disclaimer: These are good representations of the durability of the blades ultrasabers uses.  The hilts used in these videos are PVC (essentially plastic) hilts.  It is not recommended that you submerge your metal hilt underwater. 

Durability Tests
http://youtu.be/StB5wRy3KdI
http://youtu.be/TNpWnjiXwK8 (remix)

This would go in the blades section.

Note to moderators: Is it possible to edit the first 2 original posts to include any updates containing links.  Or re-arrange posts to include them right after the first 2?  I dont think many people will read further than the first page, or the first 2 posts for that matter.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:27:53 PM by imperialknight23 » Logged

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 05:13:42 AM »

Education on Blade Types and Opinions by Deep Himself
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3096.0

Note to moderators: Please if there is a way to edit this post to include links not listed in the original 2 posts that would be great! Thanks!

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 07:08:48 PM »

If you had ever questioned the durability of ultrasabers here are the videos with all the answers.  Enjoy.

Disclaimer: These are good representations of the durability of the blades ultrasabers uses.  The hilts used in these videos are PVC (essentially plastic) hilts.  It is not recommended that you submerge your metal hilt underwater. 

Durability Tests
http://youtu.be/StB5wRy3KdI
http://youtu.be/TNpWnjiXwK8 (remix)

This would go in the blades section.

Note to moderators: Is it possible to edit the first 2 original posts to include any updates containing links.  Or re-arrange posts to include them right after the first 2?  I dont think many people will read further than the first page, or the first 2 posts for that matter.

Oops on this, it's already there.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

Lord Vermentis
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

An Ancient One, One of Four.

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 01:08:25 AM »

Very awesome guide man! I wish I had seen this when I was ordering my first sabers. But now I know where to go if i need to compare some things.

Point given for epic posting win.  Grin

I have an existence in the Dark Side. To deny that would be to deny my nature. I will work in the darkness to serve the light, this is my true existence.

Phantom V2 LE Blazing Red - The Brothers Sheol and Abaddon, Death and Destruction

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 03:51:23 PM »

Very awesome guide man! I wish I had seen this when I was ordering my first sabers. But now I know where to go if i need to compare some things.

Point given for epic posting win.  Grin

thank you! i tried to put it in a spot where everyone can see it.  guess thats not working out so well.  maybe in the future Ultra will adapt it to the front page and make it an official guide or intro to ultrasabers.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 07:13:29 PM »

Can a moderator please copy and paste the following into the "color" section under the quick disconnect part.  Thank you.

Please delete the following line
"This is a DIY option, so this may not be an option unless you are technologically inclined."

and replace with following line
Quick disconnects are a wonderful money saving option if you want multiple colors.  They set it up for you so its very easy.

then copy and paste the following after  Quick Disconnect Topic

Quick Disconnect Video
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3381.0#msg41980

Please note the reviewer's comment on the different sizes of LED modules.  Here are the links for easy viewing

LED Module (small)
http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/led%20module.htm

This smaller unit is compatible with Aeon, All Prophecy Models, All Initiate v2 Models, All Dominix v2 Models, All Liberator Models, All Standard Issue Models, and the Redemption. It is important to note that all of these hilts do not have the option of quick disconnect on their product page.  This unit is mainly sold for DIY projects and the hilts listed are for reference.

LED MLS Unit (large)
http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/mls.htm

These larger units currently fit into the Bane, War Glaive, Dark War Glaive, Consular, Archon v2, Bellicose and Raven models.  All these hilts have the option of quick disconnect on their product pages.

thank you moderator.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 11:40:52 PM »

Double check that I did what you wanted.  Otherwise request completed.

Cheers.

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 09:33:14 PM »

everything is in place except that the one link got bumped down

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=2144.0

supposed to be right under the "Quick Disconnect Topic part.

not a major thing, i guess i'm just a stickler for detail sometimes.

Thank you MAV!

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

empty
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 06:30:56 AM »

I just put in my first order today and this guide was a great help!  Thanks Grin

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 06:44:56 AM »

I just put in my first order today and this guide was a great help!  Thanks Grin

Point, Ultra Sabers.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Ryō
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 03:28:21 PM »

Awesome! Really I'm amazed  Grin

As a new comer to this forum (and rather noob on the custom saber area), I must say I wouldn't have found better thread to start with.
Still a lot of reading left to do before my first purchase, but thanks a lot for this great help you've provided with this guide!

Darth Maul Double Force FX with removable blades (Hasbro)

Noob but defenitely saber crafter wannabe... Sith Inquisitor or assassin like :p

Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 03:42:21 PM »

LED MLS Unit (large)
http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/mls.htm

These larger units currently fit into the Bane, War Glaive, Dark War Glaive, Consular, Archon v2, Bellicose and Raven models.  All these hilts have the option of quick disconnect on their product pages.

Needs more Overlord.

Cool

zelda
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 06:23:05 PM »

i m new here ..i m interested in buy a light saber...electric blue blade and a black hilt..blade 36" . can any1 plz suggest which 1 can i buy..and maybe at a bit reasonable price. and wat Accessories to buy with that.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 06:29:09 PM »

i m new here ..i m interested in buy a light saber...electric blue blade and a black hilt..blade 36" . can any1 plz suggest which 1 can i buy..and maybe at a bit reasonable price. and wat Accessories to buy with that.

It depends on your own personal tastes, as well as what you're looking for.  For instance if you want sound, that's an AWESOME option but it costs a bit more.

For the color you should get Guardian Blue, and for a "black hilt" you can go for any "dark" version of a saber.  These are just anodized versions of the regular hilts - for instance the Dark Standard Issue is made by anodizing the Standard Issue.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: