Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: The Rise of Darth Knox  (Read 14790 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: January 18, 2016, 02:24:10 AM »

So, finally after weeks of research and edits, my character backstory has finally been finished. Thought I'd add in some pictures too, just for fun. I may go on to write another chapter, but not for a while.
Species: Elomin
Skin colour: Grey
Hair: None
Eye colour: Brown
Born: 820 BBY (Legends era)

Sith Name: Darth Knox
Public Alias: Kal Ventuur

Sith powers:  
Master of Sith sorcery
Master of Sith alchemy
Death field
Force lightning
Force choke
Force cloak
Life-force drain

Weapon: Red bladed lightsaber named "Mortis"

Combat Style:        
Kel-Maar (original style created from combining elements of Shii-Cho and Juyo)

Apprentice: Darth Praxis

Biography:
As a child, Med often had dreams that would occasionally come true.The planet Elom was yet to have any contact with the Galactic Republic. None of its inhabitants knew of the Force or the Jedi, so these abilities frightened him. As loved as he was by his family, these abilities always made Med feel like a bit of an outsider amongst his own people.

Med's father, Gram, was the captain of a trade ship that transported the valuable ore Lommite to various planets in the Outer Rim. Med's mother had died shortly after giving birth to his younger brother, Desi. Unwilling to leave his two son's alone for long periods of time, Gram insisted they accompany him whenever he had cargo drops or trade missions. They travelled so much that the brothers both viewed the trade ship as home. On what was to be a routine cargo drop to the planet Boonta, Gram's ship was attacked by Bandits of Ggy-ynt and suffered heavy damage. After being boarded and having his entire cargo taken, Gram and his entire crew were left onboard to die in the depths of space.

Realising they were close to the planet Ossus, Gram placed both Med and Desi in the only functioning escape pod and sent them to safety moments before the ship exploded. The pod landed in the mountains with both Med and Desi barely surviving the landing. It took them 2 days to trek to the nearest village where they collapsed from exhaustion. A Ysannan couple took pity on the brothers and after nursing them back to health adopted them, raising them as their own. Over the next couple of years, Med felt more at home on Ossus than Elom, as most of the Ysannans were force-sensitive.

New homeworld:
Childish curiosity about their new homeward caused Med to often escape the village to explore the ruins of the Great Jedi Library, despite warnings from his adoptive parents to never go there. At the time, the whole area was part of an archaeological excavation project by some Jedi Lore Keepers. Unable to resist, Med would continue visiting the site though. reluctantly accompanied sometimes by Desi.

Digging in the dirt often produced positive results as they would often uncover scroll parchments, artefacts and holocrons about the Jedi and the Sith. Desi could sense something wrong about the Sith items, but Med dismissed him. He found a secluded cave to store his finds and ended up creating an impressive secret hidden collection.

Med always managed to avoid detection whenever he visited the ruins as he had a natural ability to use the force to cloak himself. Eventually though, he was caught entering the area by Vim Fortuna, the lead Jedi Researcher. Impressed by Med and sensing potential in the child, Vim spoke with his parents about allowing him to go off-world and undergo formal training at the Jedi Academy. However, his parents refused deeming it too dangerous.

Despite his constant pleading, Med's parents were firm in their refusal, creating a deep well of anger in him. From the little he had taught himself from the items he had recovered, he had learned how to cloud his feelings from being sensed by others. Vim felt great sympathy towards Med, and unable to sense the anger in him, she decided to allow him to aid in the continued excavation of the ruins. She also began informally teaching him in the ways of the force.

A few years later, Med had gained much knowledge from Vim and his secret collection. From his readings of the Sith scrolls and parchments, he believed that the dark side and light side of the force could ultimately be used in balance. He practised various dark-side skills in secret, but his affinity for collecting dark side artefacts and Sith teachings was soon to be uncovered.

Vim and Med's parents had become aware that he was prone to disappearing for hours at a time. Vim followed him from the dig site one day and uncovered his collection. Disappointed in him, but believing she could still make him understand the danger of the dark side, Vim brought him back to village and informed his family of her intention to hand him over to the Jedi before he became dangerous.

Angry at losing his collection and unwilling to go with the Jedi, Med used his force cloak ability to escape his room and sneaked onboard a transport supply ship, leaving his brother and adopted homeward behind.

A new path:
In 802BBY, during a journey to Handooine Med began to meditate, trying to discover what path the future held for him. He experienced visions of a ruined temple and indistinguishable force sensitive beings.

Once on Handooine, Med used his powers again to commandeer a ship of his own and travelled the galaxy searching for the temple in his vision. He made his way to the original Sith homeward of Korriban, unaware of its significance, but was unsuccessful in locating the temple. He eventually made his was to Malachor V. When he landed he discovered a number of force-sensitives who had also been drawn to the planet.

Despite being thought completely destroyed centuries before, they discovered that much of Trayus, the Sith Academy, had been rebuilt by an individual called Darth Proll. Proll had originally been a Prophet of the Dark Side, but had left the order to form his own Sith order.

He believed that all force-sensitives could be turned to the dark side and be of use to him, if properly controlled, but the Rule of Two would never allow for this. Under his guidance, Med and the others were trained to become his new Sith Warriors.

Finally fulfilling his desire to undergo formal training, Med excelled at the Sith trials, mastering two forms of combat; Shii-Cho and Juyo. Finding both styles slightly limiting in their own way, he created a new style combining elements of both that he called "Kel-Maar". Without any formal stances and based on attack being the best form of defence, this new style allowed Med to aggressively take on a single combatant or multiple opponents at the same time and be victorious. This impressed Darth Proll who appointed Med as his Sith apprentice, bestowing on him the new name of Darth Knox in 794BBY.

During his training, Med began experiencing disturbing visions of his brother in pain and near death. Months went by and the visions continued. Darth Proll dismissed them as a lingering weakness left over from his previous life, but Knox was unable to shake them. Fearing the worst, Med went against the wishes of his Master and left the temple to return to Ossus to investigate if these visions were true.

On returning to his home village he found that his brother had recently died during a tunnel collapse at one of the Jedi digs. In a moment of unparalleled anger, Med lashed out and went on a spree killing almost every Jedi at the temple ruins. A few managed to escape alive to report back to the Jedi council about a new Sith threat.

Rise to power:
Vowing revenge on the Jedi who he blamed for the death of his brother, Darth Knox returned to Malachor V. Confronting Darth Proll, Knox realised that under Proll's rule, the Sith would never destroy the Jedi; Proll was far more interested in gaining power for his own ends, rather than destroying the Jedi as is the Sith way.

Being far superior in combat, Knox was able to best Proll in a duel and proclaimed himself new Dark Lord of the Sith. One of his first acts was to send some of the Sith warriors to Ossus to reclaim his stolen Sith collection. He also took the unusual step of not immediately killing Darth Proll. Instead, he kept him prisoner for years, torturing information out of him about Sith skills and secrets.

Spending time in study and meditation, Knox concluded that there were merits to both Darth Bane's Rule of Two and Skere Khan's Rule by the Strong. He created a new system where force-sensitive individuals would initially be group trained as Sith Warriors. The strongest individual of the group would eventually go on to become his new apprentice while the others would be sacrificed.

Knox truly believed that this selection process would always ensure only the strongest and best would become Sith, with each new incarnation extending their reach and power. Only an apprentice would have the opportunity to learn the historical techniques and secrets of the Sith, ultimately leading to their dominance in the galaxy, once the Jedi had been destroyed.

Realising the value of anonymity as a covert means of manipulation, and gaining power and influence, Knox started going by the name of Kal Ventuur becoming a well-known and highly respected archaeologist in public. This persona allowed him to further his goal of collecting Sith relics and thereby increasing his knowledge of dark side force techniques.

While deciding on who would be his new apprentice, Knox began to practice and master Sith Alchemy and Sith Sorcery, using information gained from the captive Darth Proll and his reclaimed Sith scrolls and artefacts. After successfully creating holocrons to record all the ancient information he had gained, and believing Proll to be of no more use, Knox had him executed. He then turned his focus to the various underground Sith movements around the galaxy.

Knox aimed to destroy the Brotherhood of Darkness, the Nightsisters and any other groups that were offshoots of the Sith as a means to ensure his new order remained true, pure and strong. In 778BBY Knox persuaded a clan of Sun Guard to join him in his crusade, eventually going on to claim the mercenary group as his personal combat regiment. He renamed them “The Al’taran Order”.

He eventually took on an apprentice, a young human from the planet Ibanjji. He came to the attention of Knox when he defeated three Sith warriors who were planning to overthrow Knox to claim leadership for themselves. Knox named his new apprentice Darth Praxis. For the next 30 years Darth Knox assisted by Darth Praxis and the Al’taran warriors reigned death and destruction on the Jedi across the galaxy.

Rules end?
After years of conquest around the galaxy, a Squib contact loyal to Darth Knox informed him about a number of Sith amulets stored in a Jedi temple on Kashyyyk. These amulets were imbued with the dark side of the force and were an integral part of the Isaiwinokka Hoyakut incantation. Like many Sith before him, Darth Knox desired to learn the secret of bringing someone back from the dead, in an effort to extend his own life. Knox along with Darth Praxis and the Al’tarans travelled to the planet to kill the Jedi and raid the temple where the amulets were stored.

In a battle that lasted three months, the Jedi were barely able to resist the wave of attacks from Knox, his dark-side force creations and the Al’taran warriors. It is not entirely known how he was struck down or by who, but Darth Knox's body was discovered two weeks after the battle had ended. It is thought he was killed by Darth Praxis for demonstrating weakness due to his inability to win the battle quickly. While his body was being loaded onto a transport skiff so it could be taken and burned Knox seemingly came back to life, killing everyone present.

Escaping off the planet with a stolen Herglican cargo ship he discovered that Darth Praxis had already taken charge of the Al’tarans and usurped his leadership role. Retreating into exile to bide his time, he realised that the Isaiwinokka Hoyakut had indeed worked, but there had been an unforeseen side effect. He was neither dead nor alive, but somewhere in-between…
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 02:27:21 AM by Darth Knox » Logged

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:46:02 PM »

Hey Knox!  I love it!  Especially the graphics!  They added a lot to the story!  Well told and well done!  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 10:48:03 PM »

Thank you!

I wrote it as if it was an entry on starwars.wikia rather than an actual story. And i think the graphics helped break it up as it is quite wordy (which i didn't realise until after i had finished writing and tweaking).

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 10:56:46 PM »

LOL  I think for my part these things become a novel.  Or at least a novella...

Take a peek at this short, tell me what you think:  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=28332.0

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

CrimzonNinja
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 07:08:30 PM »

this is absolutely amazing! i actually have an awesome story i made but i i can't think of any catchy names for my characters LOL star wars has some truly unique names. my story will take place in the legend universe as well..but my story will be about 25 or 30 years after the battle of yavin...whenever Luke reforms the jedi order

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 08:03:37 PM »

Hey wow man! Great stuff!  A good read.  Smiley -1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 08:10:52 PM »

That was entertaining, but my favorite thing is your choice species.

How did you come to find out about them?

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 09:47:06 PM »

That was entertaining, but my favorite thing is your choice species.

How did you come to find out about them?
It started with my avatar pic. I bought that mask for my halloween costume last year. It was so well received and I had so much fun wearing it, I wanted to use it as part of a Star Wars costume. So I googled "Star Wars aliens with horns" and went through the results until I found the Elomin which looked very much like my mask. (Thank god for Starwars.wikia).

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 09:48:44 PM »

Hey wow man! Great stuff!  A good read.  Smiley -1
Thanks. I'm glad you liked it

Lucianbloodwolf
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

Sith Assassin

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 03:19:28 AM »

I thought there was already a darth by the name of knox? i know there is nox due to the kalig line in the old republic but alas i didn't know if there was already a knox knox? but anyways its a nice read keep it up.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 12:41:40 PM »

I thought there was already a darth by the name of knox? i know there is nox due to the kalig line in the old republic but alas i didn't know if there was already a knox knox? but anyways its a nice read keep it up.
there was "jedi Nox" on the site. She was her first. I wasn't aware of her when I first joined.nwhen I found out, I didn't think would be a problem as she's a grey Jedi and I'm a Sith Lord. Plus, you know, I'm black, she's white. she's a woman and i'm a bloke. our avatars are VERY different.

Turns out, she kept receiving PM from people that got us confused (often the problems with twins! Lol). She changed her profile name a few months ago to avoid continued confusion of the masses.

Anyway, glad to enjoyed the backstory. I'm actually using it as the basis for a star wars fan film script I am writing.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 03:17:32 PM »

The script for my fan film, continuing events from this story, is 95% finished. just tweaking the transition terms and scene descriptions. Created a logo for my production company and will start work on the title cards tomorrow.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 04:49:03 PM »

The script for my fan film, continuing events from this story, is 95% finished. just tweaking the transition terms and scene descriptions. Created a logo for my production company and will start work on the title cards tomorrow.
SWEET!!

Will you be offering it for reading at all?

AND - can't wait to see that logo. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 05:48:10 PM »

SWEET!!

Will you be offering it for reading at all?

AND - can't wait to see that logo. Smiley

i won't release the script for reading until after the movie is made. as for the logo and title cards, I might release them as a tease once we are close to filming.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2016, 01:29:20 PM »

Movie update:

The script is finished. It was originally going to be a continuation from the events in the Darth Knox story, but during the writing process, as happens sometimes, the plot developed and moved subtly away from the original intent, which is fine. The core of the script is still inspired by the Darth Knox story, but Darth Knox has been replaced by another Sith (one from the Legends universe).
Also:

- I have been waiting for my cinematographer to get back from shooting a movie in Japan so we can start location scouting.
- Three of the character parts have been cast
- An illustrator friend is storyboarding at the moment
- A musician friend who is an amazing pianist has agreed to do some music for the opening credits
- I have permission from a violinist on YouTube to use one of his performances in the movie
- Watching lots of Film Riot to learn some tips, tricks and techniques for the VFX
- Character look/design is 90% finished

Ideally am looking to start shooting in March 2017.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: