Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Changing Color Question  (Read 1026 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: January 19, 2016, 12:38:57 AM »

So since my Shock is in Blazing Red, if I want to change it to say Consular Green, would I need a resistor or should the resistor that came with the saber still work on all colors? Been thinking about doing this lately. Thanks =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 12:47:53 AM »

If you have emerald on board just plug it in and change it. If you are using quick connect idk. Don't quote me but it should be fine to just swap your mls out. I say this because while I have not specifically read anything about needing to change resistance values for colors, but to that effect I have not read anything about this being a problem or needing to change out much of anything... but really I am not sure

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

Kal-El_Kenobi1138
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 26

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 12:48:33 AM »

If you are ordering from US it is typically all the same so you should be good.

Owned:
Flamberge- Obsidian, AS
Prophecy V3- AS(Green disc combo)

Wanted:
Guardian- Obsidian, GB

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 03:04:18 AM »

My understanding is that, with quick disconnects, you can just swap modules without worrying about resistors.  If you're rewiring your saber on your own, then you will need to worry about resistance.  I asked a related question in November 2013, and Emory replied, "We just use different resistors based on the color.  3 watt 2.7 ohm for Red, Orange, and Violet Amethyst and 3 watt 2 ohm for all other colors."  So (if my understanding of LEDs and resistor sizing is correct) you could put a Consular Green LED on a Blazing Red saber without changing the resistor (albeit with less brightness than a saber that came CG to begin with), but not vice-versa.

This is old information, and you should probably not take this as gospel.  Your safest option would be to actually check the specs for the LED already in your saber (disassemble the LED module and check what it is) and the LED you want to use, plus checking the resistor value by cutting away the heat-shrink so you can see it.  (All of the above will thoroughly void your warranty, and if you don't have the kind of personality that lets you blow up an LED module and say "whoops!" and guiltlessly buy another one, this might not be for you.)  A less-intrusive option would be to write Ultrasabers and get their input.  (Preferably wait until after the rush has died down--it's better for them because they're swamped with email already, and it's better for you because there's less chance they'll make a mistake and send you the wrong info.)

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 03:18:44 AM »

No its just a regular Blazing Red LED so I'd have to solder a new one myself Tongue But that helps some though if I ever do decide to change colors

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: